Notices
Evo Tires / Wheels / Brakes / Suspension Discuss everything that helps make your car start and stop to the best of it's abilities.

Review of JIC/Mueller Suspension

Search this Thread

Old Oct 20, 2004, 09:30 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Review of JIC/Mueller Suspension

OK, it stopped raining in L.A., and I got to drive my JIC suspension tuned by John Mueller of Road Race Engineering (coil overs and rear swaybar) tonight on dry pavement. For those of you who know L.A., I ran Sunset Blvd. from the 405 to PCH. Lots of fun twisties, punctuated by short straights.

It's like the car runs on rails. Corners totally flat. Sticks to the road with the stock Advans. I was probably only running at 7/10s, and still it was amazing. I told John to lower the ride height only one inch, due to clearance problems I have getting into the subterranean garage at my condo. Otherwise, he would have lowered it more.

I have owned a lot of sports cars in my life, but never one as fun to drive as the '04 EVO RS with JIC/Mueller suspension. Can't wait to start engine modding and get more hp to the wheels.
Old Oct 21, 2004, 01:02 AM
Evolving Member

Congrats on joining the gofaster club! I continue to be amazed at how my Muellerized/JIC car handles.

Now you have to get to the track: Try them out properly at the Next EOC event at Streets of Willow on Nov 28th.

BTW, all of the fastest evo's on any of the track events i have driven had Mueller/JIC's...
Old Oct 21, 2004, 04:28 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by gt40
Congrats on joining the gofaster club! I continue to be amazed at how my Muellerized/JIC car handles.

Now you have to get to the track: Try them out properly at the Next EOC event at Streets of Willow on Nov 28th.

BTW, all of the fastest evo's on any of the track events i have driven had Mueller/JIC's...
How are the Muellerized JIC for daily driven evo's. How Will it ride on bumpy NY roads. How does the ride compare to stock suspension? I need to know because My wife complains about the stiff ride.
Old Oct 21, 2004, 04:28 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Richard EVO
OK, it stopped raining in L.A., and I got to drive my JIC suspension tuned by John Mueller of Road Race Engineering (coil overs and rear swaybar) tonight on dry pavement. For those of you who know L.A., I ran Sunset Blvd. from the 405 to PCH. Lots of fun twisties, punctuated by short straights.

It's like the car runs on rails. Corners totally flat. Sticks to the road with the stock Advans. I was probably only running at 7/10s, and still it was amazing. I told John to lower the ride height only one inch, due to clearance problems I have getting into the subterranean garage at my condo. Otherwise, he would have lowered it more.

I have owned a lot of sports cars in my life, but never one as fun to drive as the '04 EVO RS with JIC/Mueller suspension. Can't wait to start engine modding and get more hp to the wheels.
Your fun has only begun .
Old Oct 21, 2004, 04:54 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by KIDBANGA10
How are the Muellerized JIC for daily driven evo's. How Will it ride on bumpy NY roads. How does the ride compare to stock suspension? I need to know because My wife complains about the stiff ride.
Like to know - as well The spring is the big problem; after the winter plowing, the potholes are large and plentiful (Delaware).
Old Oct 21, 2004, 09:11 AM
Evolved Member

I will be at Buttonwillow Raceway northwest of Bakersfield on Nov. 13 & 14, and at Thunderhill Raceway north of Sacramento on Nov. 27 & 28. I don't care much for Streets of Willow -- not enough straights and long sweepers for a high hp car. The EVO would be a blast on the big track at Willow Springs.

I signed up for Nov. 14 at Sears Point, but they put me on a waiting list. I think the Porsche Club of America doesn't want to see its $86,000 911s get spanked by a $26,000 EVO -- LMFAO.

Last edited by Richard EVO; Oct 21, 2004 at 09:35 AM.
Old Oct 22, 2004, 08:25 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by meanmud
Like to know - as well The spring is the big problem; after the winter plowing, the potholes are large and plentiful (Delaware).
In the cool temps they are pretty rough until they warm up. Potholes hit HARD, avoid them or face losing any fillings you may have. Every nuance of the road comes through the chassis and steering wheel, which is a great thing unless you have bumpy roads to travel on a daily basis.
Old Oct 23, 2004, 02:24 AM
Evolved Member

Too bad youze guyz live in the East where it snows all winter. Here in Los Angeles, the worst we can expect Dec. through March is a little rain. It hasn't snowed here in 1000 years.
Old Oct 23, 2004, 08:43 AM
Evolved Member

Sounds sweet