Notices
Evo Tires / Wheels / Brakes / Suspension Discuss everything that helps make your car start and stop to the best of it's abilities.

Springs for MR?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 10, 2004, 01:08 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by voidhawk
I don't know how else to describe it - maybe it's just that I don't quite trust the car yet, but I find the MR less predictable at the driving limits than my celica was, and since I sat pretty much on the floor pan in that car the MR just feels high to me
trust me unless your celica was really well set up, the limits on the EVO are much higher. when I got to drive one it did feel a lil uncertain when you start pushing it, but it never let go. Springs will prob only help you mentally but in reality all you need is a good rear sway bar or trunk bar to give you are great setup.

If that doesn't do it for ya.....full coilovers baby
Old Nov 10, 2004, 11:55 PM
Evolving Member

I have no complains about mr's suspension settings, I think they are great!! but they look just lil too high IMO... what do you guys think??
Old Nov 11, 2004, 12:03 AM
Evolved Member

Of all the car I've owned, I always lowered them because I just cant stand the big fender - tire gap. It will look so much better when your car is lowered. This is just me.
Old Nov 11, 2004, 12:10 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by solarxclipse
Of all the car I've owned, I always lowered them because I just cant stand the big fender - tire gap. It will look so much better when your car is lowered. This is just me.
AGREED!
Old Nov 11, 2004, 12:32 AM
Evolved Member

I'm getting Tein-H on my MR this weekend.......
Old Nov 11, 2004, 01:03 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
i think removing the mr blisten absorbers are a mistake. they still keep the on the MR FQ400. sure, the car is up high... but oh well it works, i perfer that over scraping everywhere.
Old Nov 11, 2004, 11:35 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by EFIxMR
i think removing the mr blisten absorbers are a mistake. they still keep the on the MR FQ400. sure, the car is up high... but oh well it works, i perfer that over scraping everywhere.
we are not trying to remove bilstein dampers, we just want to change springs...
Old Nov 11, 2004, 11:37 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by talalhz
I'm getting Tein-H on my MR this weekend.......
are you sure they will fit your MR?? cuz I checked with Tein but they don't know anything.... plz keep me updated when youre done with it. I want to know the result....
Old Nov 11, 2004, 11:42 AM
Evolved Member

if any of you guys are saying "coil-overs are too expensive" - then I think you guys bought the wrong car, IMO. Don't go cheap on the car - if you have money to buy it - then buying a good set of coilovers rather than buying springs (which could mess something up and you will end up paying more) is the right way to go.

Just my $.02
Old Nov 11, 2004, 12:26 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by YellowFever
if any of you guys are saying "coil-overs are too expensive" - then I think you guys bought the wrong car, IMO. Don't go cheap on the car - if you have money to buy it - then buying a good set of coilovers rather than buying springs (which could mess something up and you will end up paying more) is the right way to go.

Just my $.02
Right because if you can afford a 30K dollar car you must be rich and able to afford everything available. Not everone has the infinite budget that others do. If I can get 95% of the performance for 30% of the money, guess what I am going to do. Your comment is common and also invalid.
Old Nov 11, 2004, 12:30 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I wouldn't drop $2k on a set of coilovers since I don't think I'll get my money's worth out of it. Money can be much better spent in other areas. In addition to the cost of the coilovers, you need to pay to get them dialed in properly. I'm not going to try to figure out how to dial in my own coilovers on the streets either.
Old Nov 11, 2004, 12:35 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by mybada
I have no complains about mr's suspension settings, I think they are great!! but they look just lil too high IMO... what do you guys think??
I hear you man...I guess I am tired of being so low and looking out for ants on the road :-)

But like most people have said, go for a quality coilovers and enjoy yaself

(my last car was dropped almost 2 1/2 inches!)
Old Nov 11, 2004, 12:40 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by solarxclipse
Me too. I have to lower all my cars. The first mod I did to my EVO was to change the springs. The fist size wheel gap in the front was horrendous.

This is probably more of west coast thing.. I think modded cars w/ stock ride heights look funny.