Notices
Evo Tires / Wheels / Brakes / Suspension Discuss everything that helps make your car start and stop to the best of it's abilities.

My Omnipower Coilover Review

Search this Thread

Old Nov 11, 2004, 04:39 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Omnipower Coilover Review

Ok first off just let me apoligize for leaving my camera at home when we did the install. My friend took a few pics with his camera but I dont know when he will send them to me. The install was very easy and straight forward. Ive worked on hondas in the past and the EVO suspension is the same if not easier to work on than civics/integras. On most coilovers you adjust thje actual spring but on the Omnipowers you dont. Let me try to explain this. You have your spring perch which your spring sits on then you have a lock that goes directly underneath it to keep it from backing off. On most coilovers that is where loosen and make adjustments. On the Omnis you dont. You leave the that one set and if you follow the shock down there is anonther lock. You loosen that one lock there and the whole assembly turns (basically this keeps a constant pressure on the springs). I think these coilovers are very easy to adjust as to I had to pull my tire off several times and make many many adjustments ( I still need to make a few minor corrections on the ride height but I will do that this weekend).

The overall quality of these coilovers is great. They lacked on the directions big time but the suspension is very straight forward on this car. In the instructions they basically just told you how to preload the springs and that was it. There were no instruction what so ever on what bolts to take off on car on what not. No biggie there we had it all done in about 2 hours tops but then we had to spend about an hour adjusting the height so that it was even overall. All the parts lined up great there was no beating anything for stuff to line up it all just fell right into place like OEM equipment.

I only have logged about 5 miles total on the coilovers and I havent been over about 35 mph. Please continue to check this post as I will update it when I get on the highway and go through some twisties. The ride quality is not bad at all considering the spring rates on these things. Everyone knows that stock our cars are not the best riding cars out there. From what I have noticed so far the car is more stiff than stock but it is not harsh. The car gives into bumps still, its not bouncing all over the place at all. I purchased the Street ones and I am glad on doing that. Like I said its stiffer than stock but it is totally streetable. I live in Louisiana and I drove on some rough roads with them and they were not bad at all. I know this review might not be the best but if anyone wants any info at all just PM me and I will do my best to hook you up. Here are a couple of pics of the car after install.

IMO for the price you will not find a better looking coilover on the market today. I recommend these to anyone who wants a coilover and does not want to fork out over a thousand dollars. Please check topic as I will update it once I get a better road test.
Attached Thumbnails My Omnipower Coilover Review-slammed-pics-001.jpg   My Omnipower Coilover Review-slammed-pics-002.jpg  
Old Nov 11, 2004, 04:56 PM

Their contact # is not available, how did you purchased yours? Also

they are running the specials for $699 shipped is that true?

thanks
Old Nov 11, 2004, 05:05 PM
Evolving Member

You can go to their webiste and get the number, omnipowerusa.com. I purchased these through a buddy of mine at a local shop back in VA. As for the price I have seen them on a few of the vendors boards on this site for just over 700 shipped. Guys webiste where I got mine form is boostfed.net, his name is Terry and he will hook you up. His number is also on his site.
Old Nov 11, 2004, 06:57 PM
Evolving Member

check out there ad in DSPORT Magazine..
Old Nov 11, 2004, 07:26 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by LAN-EVO
Their contact # is not available, how did you purchased yours? Also

they are running the specials for $699 shipped is that true?

thanks
https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...ad.php?t=93615

Omnipower
Old Nov 11, 2004, 07:40 PM
Evolving Member

I just got back from driving around on them some more. Car is stiffer, thats for sure. All I can really say is that the car is stiff but it is streetable. As for handling I went around a few turns here and there and the car seems to handle awesome still. I really cant give a review to stock cause I only have drove my car about 600 miles since I bought it. It does handle GREAT though with these coilovers. PM me with any questions I will try to help you out.

Also just to add on to this after you install these on your car I highly encourage you yo get a alignment. Mine isnt off to bad at all but the car does seem to pull the the left a little. I plan on getting this straightened out next week.

Last edited by use2vtec; Nov 11, 2004 at 07:42 PM.
Old Nov 11, 2004, 08:17 PM
Evolved Member

Nice, i've been waiting for this write-up for awhile...i'll keep checking back for updates
Old Nov 11, 2004, 08:50 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Interesting pricing... I'd like to know more about longevity though.
Old Nov 24, 2004, 06:49 AM
Evolving Member

Any more updates or reviews on these Coilovers?
Old Nov 29, 2004, 10:39 AM
Evolving Member

More updates please
Old Dec 8, 2004, 12:12 PM
Evolving Member

bump
Old Dec 29, 2004, 07:36 AM

bump for update
Old Dec 31, 2004, 10:39 PM
Evolving Member

Well I have about 1000 miles total on the car with these coilovers. I went and got it aligned a few weeks ago and the car is driving great. Everyone of my friends complain on how stiff my car rides but to me its nothing. You feel the little bumps in the road but the big bumps feel the same as the little ones (hope that makes sense). Basically when driving the car you feel the road. I wish I had more seat time with stock suspension so I could compare it but these seem to make my car handle GREAT. PM with any detailed questions.