Notices
Evo Tires / Wheels / Brakes / Suspension Discuss everything that helps make your car start and stop to the best of it's abilities.

Jumped a curb yesterday. Damage?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 22, 2004, 04:35 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Jumped a curb yesterday. Damage?

Long story short is it was raining, I did a u-turn on a road divided with a curb/median. I downshifted to 1st in the middle of the u-turn and car got away from me going over the curb/median around 10-15mph or so. Scratched all the plastic panels on the bottom. Lip is scratched too, but not noticable unless you are under the car. Only one wheel took a minor scrap. All other wheels look good.

Wheels are 17x9 5Zigen FN01RC. I have now noticed that when I turn my car full left, that the rear outside edge of the front drivers side tire rubs the fender liner. I also am getting vibration in the wheel at 60mph....

Question is, where is the best place to get my wheels repaired? I am assuming I bent at least one, if not both front wheels.

I will be putting my OEM wheels on today to see if I still get the vibratioon at 60mph........
Old Nov 22, 2004, 05:40 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Damn that sux man. I did something to that effect with my 03. Bent the spit out of the front wheels and the steering wheel was never perfectly strait after that. Even with a alignment.

When you pull your wheels off check the front suspension make sure that there isn't any bent suspension pieces. Good luck
Old Nov 22, 2004, 06:40 AM
Evolving Member

Hate to hear that. I bent 2 sets of Mille Miglia wheels on my last car (IS300) before finally switching to 5zigens. I was quoted roughly $150-175/wheel to repair them, so I said screw it, and bought the 5zigens for a little more than that.

Call your local tire/wheel experts shop to get their quotes. Chances are, since you're in ATL, they won't have to outsource like the guys around me, so the quotes you get may be lower.
Old Nov 22, 2004, 11:59 AM
Former Sponsor

damn man im sorry to hear that about your car its always a bummer to have something negative happen like that its true you do need to check under the car on all four corners to make sure the suspension is all in one piece which it probably is and it should not be very expensive to repair your wheels just call around to see what people will charge to get them fixed good luck and sorry to hear about your car
Old Nov 22, 2004, 12:11 PM
JTB
Evolved Member

It wouldn't be a bad idea to have the alignment checked. Even if it is still driving straight, you could still have tweaked something slightly. -- much cheaper than a new set of tires in 500 miles.
Old Nov 22, 2004, 12:49 PM
Evolved Member

Took my car in to a friend that works at Firestone. He aligned the car and checked/balanced the two front wheels. Sure enough, the right front wheel was bent. After balancing the right front as best he could, he put the right front on the right rear of the car and vice versa. I still have a slight shake in the steering wheel at speed, but it is MUCH better now. I'll probally just leave it as is as the slight shake doesn't seem bad at all....