Notices
Evo Tires / Wheels / Brakes / Suspension Discuss everything that helps make your car start and stop to the best of it's abilities.

Omnipower coilovers review.

Search this Thread

Old Nov 29, 2004, 05:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Omnipower coilovers review.

This is my review of the Omnipower coilovers since it seemed like a lot of you guys wanted a review on this system. I installed it on the 24th and did a 1000 mile drive over the Thanksgiving weekend.
The whole install took me about 2 hours. It would be nice to have air tools for this install, but not necessary. My front and my rear is lowered about 2". This wasn't my plan but I left the wheel lock key on the wheel
when I took it for a test drive and well...... we all know what happened.

Impressions.

The ride is smoother than I though it would be. It soaks up the little bumps fairly well considering that it has a 10k spring in the front and 8k in the rear. It is totally streetable. I know many of you are worried about the
non-adjustable shocks that come with this coilovers, but I found no reason to change the settings that came with the setup. I handles like a dream and is fairly comforable considering I dropped it 2 inches all the way around.
I would say that the coilovers are 30~40% stiffer than stock. They weren't bouncy or choppy, just stiffer. I can't justify spending more money on a coilover system only if the only difference is adjustable shock damping.
Overall I'm VERY happy the coilovers. I want to thank Greg @ GSC for getting my coilovers to me on time and the great service he provided. You the man GREG
Old Nov 29, 2004, 05:42 PM
Evolving Member

Thanks for the review, what process is involve when adjusting the hieght.
I guess I better start saving.
Thanks again...

Last edited by Toobs; Nov 29, 2004 at 05:46 PM.
Old Nov 29, 2004, 06:04 PM
Evolving Member

Any chance anyone has autocrossed with these yet?

Originally Posted by neonhero
This is my review of the Omnipower coilovers since it seemed like a lot of you guys wanted a review on this system. I installed it on the 24th and did a 1000 mile drive over the Thanksgiving weekend.
The whole install took me about 2 hours. It would be nice to have air tools for this install, but not necessary. My front and my rear is lowered about 2". This wasn't my plan but I left the wheel lock key on the wheel
when I took it for a test drive and well...... we all know what happened.

Impressions.

The ride is smoother than I though it would be. It soaks up the little bumps fairly well considering that it has a 10k spring in the front and 8k in the rear. It is totally streetable. I know many of you are worried about the
non-adjustable shocks that come with this coilovers, but I found no reason to change the settings that came with the setup. I handles like a dream and is fairly comforable considering I dropped it 2 inches all the way around.
I would say that the coilovers are 30~40% stiffer than stock. They weren't bouncy or choppy, just stiffer. I can't justify spending more money on a coilover system only if the only difference is adjustable shock damping.
Overall I'm VERY happy the coilovers. I want to thank Greg @ GSC for getting my coilovers to me on time and the great service he provided. You the man GREG
Old Nov 29, 2004, 06:23 PM
Evolved Member

Hey neonHero,

if you want to autocross on them, this sunday we have an event at candlestick park. Membership is required, but I can sponsor you if your interested and don't have a membership.
Old Nov 29, 2004, 08:40 PM
Evolving Member

Thanks for the review on these, I think this is making my decision easier.
Old Nov 30, 2004, 07:12 AM
Former Sponsor

thats about what I have been hearing on all the omnipowers, for what you get no need to justify spending more money on something different. thanks for the review.

Greg
Old Nov 30, 2004, 07:30 AM
Evolved Member

I'd also be interested to hear how they autocross. The 10k/8k spring rates are the Sport not the Street versions, right?
Old Nov 30, 2004, 10:20 AM

Originally Posted by Toobs
Thanks for the review, what process is involve when adjusting the hieght.
I guess I better start saving.
Thanks again...
You just take your wheel off and unlock the hubs on the coilovers with the spanner wrench that comes with the kit and turn the shock one way or the other to raise or lower the shock.
Old Nov 30, 2004, 10:25 AM
Evolved Member

Well it looks like you made up my mind. That is going to be my christmas present to myself...
Old Nov 30, 2004, 10:31 AM

Originally Posted by chrisw
Hey neonHero,

if you want to autocross on them, this sunday we have an event at candlestick park. Membership is required, but I can sponsor you if your interested and don't have a membership.
Yeah, that sounds good. What time is the event? And how much is it to enter the event? Let me know... Thanks
Old Nov 30, 2004, 10:42 AM

Originally Posted by speedomodel

I'd also be interested to hear how they autocross. The 10k/8k spring rates are the Sport not the Street versions, right?
Actually, I believe the 10k & 8k is the Street version and the Sport version is 12k & 10k
Old Dec 2, 2004, 03:59 PM
Former Sponsor

neonhero you are correct
Old Dec 28, 2004, 09:37 AM
Evolved Member

You just take your wheel off and unlock the hubs on the coilovers with the spanner wrench that comes with the kit and turn the shock one way or the other to raise or lower the shock.
So you can actually adjust the height on these coilovers?
Old Dec 28, 2004, 09:44 AM
Evolved Member

Yeah, that sounds good. What time is the event? And how much is it to enter the event? Let me know... Thanks
www.sfrscca.org/solo2

no schedule is posted for next year (yet). Our first event is typically on superbowl sunday (we have lots of tivo owners in this region )
Old Dec 28, 2004, 10:23 AM

Originally Posted by sleet
So you can actually adjust the height on these coilovers?
Yes.

Quick Reply: Omnipower coilovers review.