Notices
Evo Tires / Wheels / Brakes / Suspension Discuss everything that helps make your car start and stop to the best of it's abilities.

Kumho Ecsta ASX?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 29, 2004, 07:44 PM
Account Disabled

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Kumho Ecsta ASX?

I've done the search here and search all over the place. From what I've found out, there is no other tire out there that could beat the price and performance of this tire.

Anyone with first hand experience with the Kumho Ecsta ASX? it's ultra-performance all season tires.

Obviously with all season tires you'll loose dry traction. But how much do you loose?

I have Yokohoma AVS ES-100 and they're wearing out fairely quick. 15,000 miles and it's gone, but I drive the hell out of it.

The Kumho's rated at 480 wear, which is just about the craziest thing I've ever seen in a performance tire.

What do you think? I live in Georgia, so snow is unthinkable but it does rain a lot, but mostly it's sunny and hot.

Also, I heard Kumho 712 is Run-Flat. Is this true, because of the steel belt inside or somthing?

If that's true, is the Kumho Ecsta ASX run flat too?
Old Nov 29, 2004, 08:00 PM
Account Disabled

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
They're $92 per, rated #5 at the tire-rack review, below Yokohoma AVS DB S2, Conti extreme contact, pilot sport a/s and p zero nero M & S.

Some reviewed this tire as close to P-zero nero M & S, which is amazing since any of those tires are about $40 + than Kumho.

Then again, I heard the kumho's bubble up, not good traction, pops a lot...
Old Nov 30, 2004, 08:09 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Not a bad bang for the buck. It is a performance all season tire so your will sacrifice a good amount of handling traits for longer life and all season traction. The 712 is not a run flat tire, nor is the ASX. The MX has a run flat version, but mainly in Corvette sizing.
Old Dec 1, 2004, 06:13 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have the ASX on my evo, the ride is softer than with the advans for sure. The dry handling is FAR worse. These have a lot of sidewall flex and make the steering response kinda "mushy" feeling. Dragstrip traction is also far worse.

But..that's what you get for less than 100 bucks. Good comprimise for a long wearing tire for winter. I woudln't use these in the summer. It's much more "all season" than it is "performance"

Last edited by DSMotorsport; Dec 1, 2004 at 06:16 PM.