Notices
Evo Tires / Wheels / Brakes / Suspension Discuss everything that helps make your car start and stop to the best of it's abilities.

Tire Rack SUCKS!!!

Search this Thread

Old Dec 17, 2004, 09:01 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by tswift
First to our friend from MotorTrend, of course the Tire Rack is going to bend over backwards for you guys, it has nothing to do with advertising, it has to do with getting their mention as the provider of tires for your test cars.
Let me remind you that everything is computerized and ask if you really think that once the information is entered in the system, that the system recognizes Motor Trend on an order form. Seriously when we place an order, it's the same crap shoot as any of you guys as far as service received.

Yes, this guy had a bad experience and sure customer service didn't really help matters. They could have told him, as Neal mentioned, that it could take up to four days for the pickup of his tires to occur. Had they done that he probably wouldn't have been calling every day asking why his tires weren't picked up.

Is it Tire Racks fault that it took so long for the tires to be picked up? No, it's not, especially given the time of year and how busy all of the shipping companies get. Heck we don't see "UPS sucks" as the label for this thread, and we shouldn't.

It seems errors were made on both sides, but I've only see one side here take some of the responsibility and it's just not right to label a thread like this and not take some personal responsibility, because without the original error, none of this would have happened. Hence the reason I spoke up.
Old Dec 17, 2004, 09:21 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by 4G63>OOOO
Yeah, not the end of the world by any means, but it was a pain in the @$$...and so was I.

As for the 15's, I will post pics after the weekend if I can get these brakes to work.
OK, so let me ask you this. Why the hell did you start this thread complaining about how important the time factor was when you are obviously not in a hurry. On top of that your not even sure if the wheels that you ordered the tires for are even going to fit or work with your evo?!?!? WTF! So let me get this right, you still need to do work to your car before you can even know if you need the tires? What are you doing to the brakes anyways? If you tell me your tampering with your stock brakes to try and get some 15's to fit your nutty. If your doing some sort of brake upgrade then why go with smaller calipers and discs? It sounds like you need to get your ducks in a row before you start pointing fingers at other people.

Last edited by RyanShanley; Dec 17, 2004 at 02:24 PM.
Old Dec 17, 2004, 09:33 AM
Evolved Member

The problem here is communication, or lack thereof.

Yes, I screwed up, but if you claim to have a customer service department and no one in that department follows through to make sure that they did their job properly, you might as well just not pick up the phone at all. I never spoke to the same person twice there, and considering I called 8 times to get it resolved, that's 8 individual failures in communication.

Of course it's not Tire Rack's fault. Why would it be? Just blame UPS, that's the easiest thing to do. Like I said before, when you hire a subcontractor, it is YOUR responsibility to make sure that they do what you need them to do. I don't make it a practice of blaming my subs, I think it's bad for business.

But no one wants to take responsibility anymore, it's much easier to just put the blame on your customer or on your subcontractors or the time of year or the weather or how you're feeling that day. That's not how I run my business and I don't have respect for anyone that shifts blame to someone else for a problem they should be solving.
Old Dec 17, 2004, 09:35 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by RyanShanley
OK, so let me ask you this. Why the hell did you start this thread complaining about how important the time factor was when you are obviously not in a hurry. On top of that your not even sure if the wheels that you ordered the tires for are even going to fit or work with your evo?!?!? WTF! Your a *****. So let me get this right, you still need to do work to your car before you can even know if you need the tires? What are you doing to the brakes anyways? If you tell me your tampering with your stock brakes to try and get some 15's to fit your nutty. If your doing some sort of brake upgrade then why go with smaller calipers and discs? It sounds like you need to get your ducks in a row before you start pointing fingers at other people.
Let's just say I have a track fetish that doesn't end when the weather gets cold.
Old Dec 17, 2004, 09:52 AM
Evolved Member

Are you using JDM RS brakes? I guess some people just don't understand racing on snow tracks. Good luck w/ the track day.

Sorry about your bad experience w/ the Tire Rack.
Old Dec 17, 2004, 12:01 PM

I ordered wheels and snow tires from Neal recently. Everything went very smooth. I had to have the tires rebalanced locally and getting a credit was very easy.

I had a great experience and can recommend the Tire Rack. If you had ordered the correct size you wouldn't have had an issue. don't blame Neal for your mistake.
Old Dec 25, 2004, 12:22 AM
Y2A

I ordered from both Tirerack for my Accord's new tires and Discount tires for my dad's Tundra tires, both had great prices and I was satisfied with the quick shipping, but since the tires I needed for my dad's truck was cheaper at Discount tires, I ordered from them instead of Tirerack

Sorry about your bad experience, but second to Discount tires, Tirerack seems to have the best tire prices online IMO, and everyone I know who ordered from Tirerack had good experience with them.
Old Dec 25, 2004, 01:38 AM
Evolving Member

Be careful w/tirerack.I live in NCal and usually get tires in 1 day shipped from reno.I got srewed when the order taker did not mention the fact that the tires were from the east coast warehouse.It took 4 days and shipping was twice as much.