Notices
Evo Tires / Wheels / Brakes / Suspension Discuss everything that helps make your car start and stop to the best of it's abilities.

Tein Flex, blown shock?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 1, 2005, 01:14 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tein Flex, blown shock?

I recently purchased a set of Flexes and I adjusted the dampening 8 clicks back per the manual. The problem is that when I went to stiffest setting prior to setting it 8 clicks back, the adjustment knob broke at the hardest setting on one of my front shocks.

I can not adjust the shock at all. It also sounds like it's blown. When I drive the front right feels like it's just bouncing and I here a click noise every time I go over a bump. Could the shock be blown? Is there a way to fix the adjustment knob?
The car is very uncomfortable to drive at the moment. I bought these used and I think that the one shock was damaged in shipping.
Any thoughts or help would be appreciated.
Old Jan 2, 2005, 09:17 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How is the adjustment knob broken? Like in half or won't click?

If it just won't click or adjust right i would recommend restting it back to the stock setting by talking the adjustment knob off. Underneath there is a black screw that accepts a hex key. Turn this counter clockwise until it is fluch with the top of the strut. Then srew the knob back on. Tighten it back down. Then turn it clock wise unitl it stops and will not let you turn it farther. Then turn it back 8 clicks. This will be the middle setting from there you can adjust it harder or softer.

Ben