Notices
Evo Tires / Wheels / Brakes / Suspension Discuss everything that helps make your car start and stop to the best of it's abilities.

Need help! CAMBER PLATES??

Search this Thread

Old May 12, 2005, 05:42 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by vtluu
Actually, you know two--Navid and Joe M. both have this setup, and both needed the same solution to make it work. I think Joe was able to get the custom nut he needed from GC; Navid was in a hurry so he had to make it himself. I agree it's worth it--looks like a high-quality piece.
No kidding? huh... sigh... more money to spend to keep up with rest of you guys

I guess I do know two people with GC plates...
Old May 12, 2005, 06:01 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by djh
Well, nunquam timeus (or something like that). I think scottybob is running -3 with no problems, and I've already mentioned I'm at -2.5.

Dave

Actually -3.3, and I really dont see much tire wear on the street. But my car is another one that is mostly either on the track or driving to the track.

Ditto the comments on the Tein/Works (I'm lumping these together, because they look the same to me) camber plates. Good quality, properly fitting stuff. The only thing I would recommend is making a note of the marks on the plates to make sure they dont slip, and if they do you can put them back yourself.

For those who really really want to change back and forth for the street: Once you get the car properly aligned you can do your own camber and toe setting before events. It would only require a simple toe gauge or even a tape measure. I can post some details if anyone is intrested. I really think it could be done in 30 minutes or less.
Old May 14, 2005, 10:07 AM
Evolving Member

I can't post pics due to a "evom database" problem(?).
Old May 15, 2005, 10:17 PM
Evolving Member

Pics. No matter what we tried, we simply could not get them to fit with stock struts.
Attached Thumbnails Need help! CAMBER PLATES??-100_1204-1-.jpg   Need help! CAMBER PLATES??-100_1206-1-.jpg  

Last edited by Bogie; May 15, 2005 at 10:19 PM.