Notices
Evo Tires / Wheels / Brakes / Suspension Discuss everything that helps make your car start and stop to the best of it's abilities.

Am I the Only Fool Who Didn't Know RMR Slotted Rotors (Evo) are Power Slot Rotors?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 16, 2005, 11:28 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I did a little more research for you...

I found on the RMR website they specify their rotors are made by Brake Pros. This suggests to me that Intense is trying to rip you off. I looked around online and I found Powerslot rotors on other vendors' websites for around $240-275 a pair - roughly half of what Intense charged you for yours. I would hope that Intense realizes they are in the wrong on this one and will take measure to correct this mistake.

I feel you are entitled to send the rotors back for a full refund (as the product Intense advertised does not match the product they sent you), OR 1/2 of your money back should you decide to keep the rotors they sent you (since the Power Slot rotors cost on average around $250 a pair.)

Good luck, and let me know how it turns out.
Old Feb 16, 2005, 11:47 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Naurcx, thanks for the assist.
Old Mar 2, 2005, 04:29 PM
Evolving Member

Just got my PowerSlot rotors from MMRUSA.com.
Total for all four was 392.92
Old Mar 16, 2005, 09:46 AM
Evolving Member

Case closed! After a couple more amiable phone calls to Intense and RMR we reached an agreement, I was granted an even-exchange for Brake Pro rotors. Yeah, I'm walking away with mixed emotions, I wish the above vendors--and some other vendors (fat chance!)--would state whether their products are subcontracted, and by whom, but mostly I appreciate the efforts of Darren at Intense Motorsports and Eric at RMR for accomodating me.

Here's what's going on the car in a couple of days:
Attached Thumbnails Am I the Only Fool Who Didn't Know RMR Slotted Rotors (Evo) are Power Slot Rotors?-100_1157.jpg  

Last edited by Bogie; Mar 16, 2005 at 09:51 AM.