Notices
Evo Tires / Wheels / Brakes / Suspension Discuss everything that helps make your car start and stop to the best of it's abilities.

Am I the Only Fool Who Didn't Know RMR Slotted Rotors (Evo) are Power Slot Rotors?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 14, 2005, 04:38 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Am I the Only Fool Who Didn't Know RMR Slotted Rotors (Evo) are Power Slot Rotors?

Can you say sap?

I went to Intense Motorsports' website to order "RMR Slotted Rotors EVO VIII." The rotors on their website appeared similiar to the Stoptech Aero rotors--black hat with aerators--except they are a one-piece, not a two-piece rotor. Let's say I was a bit disappointed when I opened the primary box to see bold "Power Slot" printed on the box housing the rotors. I then grew even more disappointed when the rotors were not what was pictured. Don't get me wrong, Power Slots are not a bad aftermarket rotor, they simply aren't a rotor that would merit a $499.00 price tag. Not when one can find Stoptech direct replacement rotors for a buck-and-a-half less.

Did a search, prior to purchase and found that the RMR rotors on a fellow Evom members' car were not Power Slots; moreover, somebody else stated that RMR "...are made by DBA in Australia and are Zinc Plated to prevent rust. Best Rotors I did find anywhere." Once again, Power Slots aren't an East German woman's armpits after an arm-wrestling match, but "Some people drink Pepsi, some people drink Coke..."

The reps at Intense and RMR state that Power Slots are RMR's rotors, hence, I am not due a refund.

Last edited by Bogie; Feb 14, 2005 at 04:45 PM.
Old Feb 14, 2005, 07:14 PM
Evolved Member

yep you are
Old Feb 14, 2005, 11:05 PM
Evolved Member

this happens so much that it is getting ridiculous. it happens everywhere, people subcontract everything. i would fight for a refund. good luck.
Old Feb 14, 2005, 11:15 PM
Evolved Member

I know nothing about rotors except for... Rotora. Yeah, I think that's the name.

So they're saying you're not allowed to get a refund, period? What if you wanted a different size? What if your car was stolen and you have no use for them? Obviously, that's not their problem, but not being able to return a brand new item seems off beat to me.
Old Feb 15, 2005, 04:08 PM
Evolved Member

Go screenshot the pictures that show what you were sold is different than what you were delivered. With that you should have the leverage available to dispute the CC charge and force them to take back the product.
Old Feb 15, 2005, 04:11 PM
Evolved Member

Get a Refund!
Old Feb 15, 2005, 04:14 PM
Evolving Member

I found the PowerSlots for 123 front and 228 rear.
MMRUSA.com
Old Feb 15, 2005, 04:20 PM
Evolving Member

is that a misprint on the mmrusa.com site? The evo rotors are the largest yet cheapest mitsu rotors?
Old Feb 15, 2005, 06:01 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The RMR rotors that Intense sells look nothing like the picture on their website. I ordered them over a year ago and here's what I got:

The paperwork that came with my rotors indicates that they are made by Disc Brakes Australia. And yes, I paid $499 for them. At the time they were the cheapest slotted rotors I could find.
Old Feb 15, 2005, 06:07 PM
Evolved Member

oh, well that's quite a while ago......... they look like solid a$s rotors to me.
Old Feb 15, 2005, 07:13 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by idriveawhiteevo
is that a misprint on the mmrusa.com site? The evo rotors are the largest yet cheapest mitsu rotors?
I'll tell you as soon as the show up.
Old Feb 15, 2005, 07:55 PM
Evolving Member

Thanks for all the input, much appreciated. I just had to vent because I felt that the product is misrepresented on the website and I took the hook.

At any rate, I will phone Intense once again (FWIW, they haven't been jerks, they are just kind of washing their hands from it) to see if I can return the rotors, otherwise, for cc co., I will need a 3rd party letter from another retailer/distributor stating that what I received were not "RMR" rotors. PITA

Last edited by Bogie; Feb 16, 2005 at 06:12 AM.
Old Feb 15, 2005, 08:20 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by naucrx
The RMR rotors that Intense sells look nothing like the picture on their website. I ordered them over a year ago and here's what I got:

The paperwork that came with my rotors indicates that they are made by Disc Brakes Australia. And yes, I paid $499 for them. At the time they were the cheapest slotted rotors I could find.
When I did a search, yours were the rotors that I saw in a couple of the threads, plus, you are the "fellow evom member" I referred to above. (I almost pm'd you regarding your rotors when you pm'd me regarding my wife's bronze 5Zigens). I liked them, and they appeared to be a quality, good-looking rotor. I noticed they were different from the rotors on their site, but as you stated above, you bought them over a year ago, therefore, I thought they were restyled. I had no reason to think they would be Power Slots.

FWIW, I had Power Slots on my '93 Z and just wasn't impressed with their look and/or performance, but the price was right. Here, they're simply way too expensive, especially when the competition is so much cheaper--and IMO better.

Last edited by Bogie; Feb 15, 2005 at 08:37 PM.
Old Feb 15, 2005, 08:33 PM
Evolving Member

Here's what I received.
Attached Thumbnails Am I the Only Fool Who Didn't Know RMR Slotted Rotors (Evo) are Power Slot Rotors?-100_1125.jpg  
Old Feb 15, 2005, 09:15 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Bogie
When I did a search, yours were the rotors that I saw in a couple of the threads, plus, you are the "fellow evom member" I referred to above. (I almost pm'd you regarding your rotors when you pm'd me regarding my wife's bronze 5Zigens). I liked them, and they appeared to be a quality, good-looking rotor. I noticed they were different from the rotors on their site, but as you stated above, you bought them over a year ago, therefore, I thought they were restyled. I had no reason to think they would be Power Slots.

FWIW, I had Power Slots on my '93 Z and just wasn't impressed with their look and/or performance, but the price was right. Here, they're simply way too expensive, especially when the competition is so much cheaper--and IMO better.
I think I was one of a few who ordered the RMR rotors from Intense. I'm sure if I went back in there they would remember me. I gave them hell over these rotors because I was so annoyed at my stock ones vibrating. I was either calling them or I was at the shop asking why it was taking so long for them to come in. Intense kept making promises on when the rotors would be in their hands, and they kept braking their promises with a corresponding sob story to try to make me feel better. Needless to say, I was not happy and my rotor buying experience has brought doubt as to whether or not I will return to Intense for any furture mod purchases. (sorry off topic a little)

I looked through the paperwork a little more after I posted earlier, and I also found a packet from Stillen Brake Pros. In fact, most of the information included with the rotors is for Brake Pros. There is only one small sheet indicating DBA (Disc Brakes Australia) which has to do with the Thermo-Graphic Temperature Paint. Attached is a pic with emphasis on the Thermo-Graphic Temperature paint. If your rotors do not have this paint on them, then they are likely not the RMR/DBA/BrakePros rotors that Intense's website advertises.

I have seen Powerslots before, and what you have definitely looks like them and not the rotors Intense is advertising for $499. The rotors I have are a much higher quality rotor than the Powerslots.

Let me know if you need any more info. I'd like to help out any way I can.
Attached Images  

Quick Reply: Am I the Only Fool Who Didn't Know RMR Slotted Rotors (Evo) are Power Slot Rotors?