Notices
Evo Tires / Wheels / Brakes / Suspension Discuss everything that helps make your car start and stop to the best of it's abilities.

Brembo touch up paint

Search this Thread

Old Mar 8, 2005, 07:44 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Brembo touch up paint

Anyone know where I can get touch up paint or the paint in general for our Brembo brake calipers I hope it's not powder coat or I am screwed. I had my car in the body shop and it was a nightmare to make a long story short It looks like as if someone put paint thinner or something on my calipers and it ate away the clear coat in two completly different places on the caliper no where near the brake bleeder liner so it's not brake fluid, about the thickness of a finger and about 1 1/2" long area as well as when they installed my new wheel they chipped the paint in an area about the size of dime.
Any help would be great.

Last edited by MYEVOVIII; Mar 9, 2005 at 08:24 PM.
Old Mar 9, 2005, 04:55 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Brembo doesn't sell or have any touch up paint for any of the rotor colors they produce. I've called them on two or three occasions and was told that. Probably best to get a caliper paint kit and touch up the bad spots. Heck, if they messed it up have them repaint it. Its a body shop and all.
Old Mar 9, 2005, 05:17 AM
Evolved Member

Unfortunately, to re-do the factory powdercoat, you have to essentially rebuild the caliper, as the boots would probably not survive the oven.

I would try to get some red caliper paint and see if it matches then touch up as necessary.
Old Mar 9, 2005, 05:27 AM
Evolving Member

If your warranty is not toast from a lot of mods, you could get the dealer to replace the caliper. It's been done by several people claiming it was a bad paint batch. I have to same issue on my front, driver-side caliper and I plan on taking it to the dealership. Worth a shot...
Old Mar 9, 2005, 08:18 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Neal@tirerack.
Brembo doesn't sell or have any touch up paint for any of the rotor colors they produce. I've called them on two or three occasions and was told that. Probably best to get a caliper paint kit and touch up the bad spots. Heck, if they messed it up have them repaint it. Its a body shop and all.
Thanks Neal unfortunatly they are claiming they did not do it. Even though the caliper that is chipped is the one for which the put the new rim on. Cant figure out how the clear coat could be coming off maybe it is a manufacturer defect it's on both front ones. Car has only 14k on it and has never been off road or used anything else other than soap and water to clean the calipers.

Last edited by MYEVOVIII; Mar 9, 2005 at 08:23 PM.
Old Mar 9, 2005, 08:20 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by WagsEvo
If your warranty is not toast from a lot of mods, you could get the dealer to replace the caliper. It's been done by several people claiming it was a bad paint batch. I have to same issue on my front, driver-side caliper and I plan on taking it to the dealership. Worth a shot...
HMM maybe they did not do it if others are having the same problems with the clear coat and chipping? Thanks for the heads up
Old Mar 10, 2005, 05:00 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Thats too bad. Yeah, try the dealer what the heck.
Old Mar 10, 2005, 05:04 AM
Evolving Member

All of my calipers' paint is screwed up. I took my car to the dealer a few months ago and they said they'd be happy to change the calipers. They said just wait till you need a pad job and they'll do it when they change out the calipers.