Notices
Evo Tires / Wheels / Brakes / Suspension Discuss everything that helps make your car start and stop to the best of it's abilities.

Buddy Club Coilovers

Search this Thread

Old Mar 21, 2005, 12:25 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Buddy Club Coilovers

Has anybody here tested out the buddyclub coils yet? If so how do they compare to other coilovers like the JIC FLTA2's and the other coils?

thanks in advance
Old Mar 21, 2005, 12:16 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Give RRE a call. They'll have some good info for you. Or check this thread:

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...club+coilovers
Old Mar 21, 2005, 07:57 PM
Evolving Member

I just bought a set from AMS in Chicago, and so did my buddy. We won't have them installed for a couple of weeks, but we shall see.
Old Mar 22, 2005, 09:33 AM
Evolved Member

i'm very interested in these as well.
Old Mar 22, 2005, 09:58 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
go to http://www.automotosports.com/magazine_articles.asp and i believe its on page 2 or 3 you can read the two tech articles martin wrote for modified mag on the buddy club suspension.

Eric

Last edited by AutoMotoSports; Mar 22, 2005 at 10:02 AM.
Old Mar 22, 2005, 01:37 PM
Evolved Member

thanks AMS!
Old May 5, 2005, 04:41 PM
Evolving Member

I just got mine from AMS today. These are 10k front and 8k rear. I will throw them on this weekend, and align and corner weigh them on the 11th. I have lots of autocrossing on the 14th and 15th so I'll be able to test and tune them then. I'll post feedback.

Tim
Attached Thumbnails Buddy Club Coilovers-buddy-club.jpg  
Old May 7, 2005, 07:24 PM
Evolving Member

I installed them today. The install went pretty well. Took about 3hrs total including setting the ride height. I still don't have it aligned or corner weighted, but I think I got it close just by guessing. I was impressed with the engineering and quality of the setup. I hope they prove to be reliable.

I have both the fronts and rears set at 7 out of 15. I was very impressed with how they felt even at this setting. I have the 10k / 8k combo. It actually feels better than stock. It rides better, isn't as bouncy or jarring. You know the bumps are there, you just feel more in control going over the bumps is the best way to put it. I can't wait to try it on a course and with different settings.

Tim
Old May 12, 2005, 06:42 PM
Evolving Member

Ok, I am sick of jerry rigging the darn brake line mount with cable ties. Why don't these or other coilovers come with some way of mounting the brake line bracket? Anyone have any suggestions? I am thinking of some kind of hose clamb with a threaded bolt inserted to simulate the stock mount, but there isn't much room.
Old May 12, 2005, 06:59 PM
Evolving Member

That's weird, my tanabe sustec pro ss have all the same brackets that the stock struts had.

Originally Posted by whitet777
Ok, I am sick of jerry rigging the darn brake line mount with cable ties. Why don't these or other coilovers come with some way of mounting the brake line bracket? Anyone have any suggestions? I am thinking of some kind of hose clamb with a threaded bolt inserted to simulate the stock mount, but there isn't much room.
Old May 12, 2005, 07:11 PM
Evolving Member

^^^That'd be nice. We, a heads up for everyone then. The Buddy Clubs don't have a bracket for mounting the brake lines.
Old May 12, 2005, 07:14 PM
Evolving Member

I have the first production set of the muellerized Buddy clubs, the big difference between them and the jics are build quality and ease of setup. Just remember its all about who tunes them your not going to be that impressed with any coilovers out of the box so try this john@roadraceengineering.com
Old May 12, 2005, 07:24 PM
Evolving Member

Well, I have a set from AMS that didn't get Muellerized, and I think so far they are awesome. I'm not sure what the big deal is with the Mueller treatment, but I think if a coilover manufactuere knows what it is doing, there is no need for tweaking. After all, what does the Mueller treatment include? If its ride height, preload, and corner weighing; that's not rocket science. If it's spring rate, Buddy Club let's you order a variety of springs. If it's valving, then the manufacturer is not doing its job.

I'm not starting a fight, I just think there is more to life beyond RRE.
Old May 12, 2005, 07:25 PM
Evolving Member

You keep telling your self that, just one question what suspension tuner has tuned all the winning cars in the shootouts?
Old May 12, 2005, 07:33 PM
Evolving Member

^^^Whatever, not trying to start a fight. All I am saying is that there are only so many variables when it comes to coilovers. Instead of blindly following some magical setup, think about how to make other setups just as good. If I recall, the latest generation Buddy Club setup was not around for any of the recent shootouts. And FYI, AMS ran the same Buddy Club setup at One Lap of America and did very well to boot. Those were off-the-shelf Buddy Clubs by the way.

Quick Reply: Buddy Club Coilovers