Notices
Evo Tires / Wheels / Brakes / Suspension Discuss everything that helps make your car start and stop to the best of it's abilities.

Falken Azenis 615 vs. Toyo T1-S vs. Stock Advans

Search this Thread

Old Apr 30, 2005, 08:54 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Falken Azenis 615 vs. Toyo T1-S vs. Stock Advans

Hey I wanted some opinions on which tires I should get on my new rims. I want to know if I should go with the new Falken Azenis 615s and how long you think they would last compared to the stock Advans and how well they handle. Also, they are 26.5 lbs, but the rims Im getting are 17.5 lbs. Will that combo be as heavy as stock? I dont remember the weights. I wanted to lighten the wheel tire combo. The other option is the T1-S tires which are lighter at 23 lbs, but dont know how well they handle compared to the Azenis. Anyone with experience with any of these tires please chime in. Sizes are 255/40/17 on a 17x9 rim vs stock wheels and tires. Thanks!
Old Apr 30, 2005, 08:58 AM
Evolved Member

i have heard nothing but great things about the T1S. They are the tires i will be purchasing in the next couple of weeks.
Old Apr 30, 2005, 08:58 AM
Evolving Member

i have the falkens on my car and they are nice! havent really put them to the test against the stock advans but they seem great so far and the tread pattern is sweet!
Old Apr 30, 2005, 08:24 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Rez90
i have heard nothing but great things about the T1S. They are the tires i will be purchasing in the next couple of weeks.
there are a very good everyday tire.for the track,the t1-s ain't that great.
Old Apr 30, 2005, 08:32 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by evo81
there are a very good everyday tire.for the track,the t1-s ain't that great.

care to elaborate on that a little bit?
Old Apr 30, 2005, 08:55 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Rez90
care to elaborate on that a little bit?
well,i came off of some ra-1's before to the t1-s(thinking that they won't wear as fast),and there's nothing like a R compand tire for daily driving.after you go R you'll never wanna go back.the RA-1s are like glue on the track as were the t1-s feel like they just wanna brake loose.t1-s are perfect for the A to B driving,and i'm happy with them,it's just that i'm having with draws from spoiling myself with my last set of tires,the RA-1's
Old May 1, 2005, 09:08 AM
Evolving Member

well,i came off of some ra-1's before to the t1-s(thinking that they won't wear as fast),and there's nothing like a R compand tire for daily driving.after you go R you'll never wanna go back.the RA-1s are like glue on the track as were the t1-s feel like they just wanna brake loose.t1-s are perfect for the A to B driving,and i'm happy with them,it's just that i'm having with draws from spoiling myself with my last set of tires,the RA-1's
Would you reccomend the Azenis over them then since they are closer to an R-compound then the T1-S?
Old May 1, 2005, 09:21 AM
Evolving Member

Im in the same boat as U.. Looking for a good tire that will last longer then stock and will give up some grip.

I decided on the Toyo T1S, from what people on the board have siad its a great tire with good enough grip to make U happy with a decent treadwear rating at 280.. STock is 160 I believe.

getting mine this week. with my 17x9 5zigen
Old May 1, 2005, 10:19 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I got rid of my t1-s and put the advans back on. I think the T1-S has good overall grip but lacks the response of the advans.
Old May 1, 2005, 12:09 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by XxBLACKMAMBAxX
Would you reccomend the Azenis over them then since they are closer to an R-compound then the T1-S?
can't say that i could say that the Azenis are better,cause i never used them before.it looks like a good tire also.
Old May 1, 2005, 12:44 PM
Evolving Member

How's the ra-1 compare to the oem advan as far as turn in are concern??? Thanks!
Old May 1, 2005, 12:50 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I just got a set of the T1's and i agree with Evo81, you can feel it on the highway if you jut the car it wants to break loose, but i have dampeners all the way up I had the falken RT 115's before these and the treadwear was pretty good, and the handling in dry weather was awesome! only problem is the tiniest of wetness on the ground and it felt like my car was hydroplanning
Old May 1, 2005, 04:22 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by evodrifter
I just got a set of the T1's and i agree with Evo81, you can feel it on the highway if you jut the car it wants to break loose, but i have dampeners all the way up I had the falken RT 115's before these and the treadwear was pretty good, and the handling in dry weather was awesome! only problem is the tiniest of wetness on the ground and it felt like my car was hydroplanning
Im leaning towards the Falkens, I heard the new tread design of the 615s is supposed to be better in the wet. I just dont see spending more money to get less performance then stock with the T1S tires. I have a basically brand new set of advans on the car now, Im just bored with the stock wheel design and want to go 17x9. How did the treadwear compare to the stock tires with the Falkens, did they last longer? The treadwear is 200 compared to the stock 160 but I dont know how much that matters.
Old May 1, 2005, 04:25 PM
Evolving Member

I currently have the toyos t1 on mine Id say, if you can spare the extra cash, buy the Advans. The t1's lack the response the Advans have. They dont compare imo. I have never tried the azenis. 02
Old May 1, 2005, 05:37 PM
Evolved Member

how many miles can you get on a set of RA-1's before they have to be replaced?