Notices
Evo Tires / Wheels / Brakes / Suspension Discuss everything that helps make your car start and stop to the best of it's abilities.

MR Springs Feedback Thread , Got springs on ur MR? GO HERE!!

Search this Thread

Old Jun 23, 2005, 08:37 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I am very interested in these springs too. I just don't see how they are 20% stiffer than stock and still get that nice ride that my car has now. It is a daily driver and I don't want to loose comfort. I could in my mind trade off a little comfort for some less roll, better autox and track times.

Oh yea, if anyone from works wants to cut me a deal on the springs I will do a full right up based on ride comfort, compare autox times before and after, see how it feels a Pocono Raceway this July 15th. I could even have my friend video it. God am I selling this! One last selling point, I think I would also do the camber plates and rear pillar mounts (if thats what there called).

It would be nice if someone who has these post and give some first hand experience on these for your fellow MR brothers.
Old Jun 23, 2005, 09:11 PM
Evolved Member

Alright guys, I'm taking pictures of my car tomorrow. If it doesn't rain, I should have pics up on this thread by this afternoon. Ill try and take as many good pics as I can, to show the drop of the springs.
Old Jun 24, 2005, 03:49 PM
Evolved Member

alright guys, here's a link to my briefcase with the some pictures of my car. I couldn't get them to load on the site, so I had to just use the folder.

Link to pics: http://briefcase.yahoo.com/mrpolice2001
Old Jun 24, 2005, 04:00 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
That looks like a nice drop, not too low, I ordered the GT hopefully Ill like them as much as people that have them. I will be sure to post pics and give feedback when I get them installed. I also heard good things about eibach pro springs anyone got them on their MR??
Old Jun 24, 2005, 04:02 PM
Evolved Member

Yes you will like the drop, plus the ride doesn't change to much. It will be slightly stiffer, but you get use to it in about a week and forget what the stock felt like.
Old Jun 24, 2005, 06:17 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I will be organizing a GB on these Ralliart Springs.

These will not lower the car at all but it is stiffer about 20% than stock. Perfect for MR bilsteins.

I will keep you guys posted.

Thanks

Cal
Old Jun 24, 2005, 09:37 PM

who has the espelir gt springs for the mr instock??
Old Jun 27, 2005, 09:04 AM

what's the stock spring rates on the MR? I'm looking at the specs for the Espelir GT, and they say they're 5.5kg/mm front and 5.9kg/mm rear.

I'm looking to tune my setup for auto-x. Would these be good or should I just go with coil-overs?

Last edited by RayBaer; Jun 27, 2005 at 09:08 AM.
Old Jun 27, 2005, 11:52 AM

It looks like 500whp.com has them in $289.00

http://www.500whp.com/catalog/produc...roducts_id=186
Originally Posted by RealVibes.net
who has the espelir gt springs for the mr instock??
Old Jun 27, 2005, 07:48 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Evo Police
Yes you will like the drop, plus the ride doesn't change to much. It will be slightly stiffer, but you get use to it in about a week and forget what the stock felt like.
Thank for posting pics and your review. I like the look of the drop on your car, but to be honest I have 2 concerns, ride quality and performance gain. I autox and track my car, I would hope to improve on the stock set up. On the flip side , I do not want to trash my comfortable ride. I will trade off comfort for handling, just don't want to get out of hand. I am 35 (soon to be 36) with a daily driver race car. Even though it is loud, I can still put the windows up. Once you lose ride quality, it becomes a hassle driving everyday. I did that to my Acura a few years ago anyway, hated driving everyday, loved it autoxing.

Can you rate handling and ride on a scale from 1 to 10, 10 being the best and 1 being the worst. TIA, your help is appreciated.

No one else who is lurking on this forum has these springs on an MR who cares to chime in?

I am calling Works tomorrow, need to talk about these.
Old Jun 27, 2005, 08:11 PM
Evolved Member

Old Jun 27, 2005, 08:34 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
anyone tried swift springs?
Old Jun 27, 2005, 10:51 PM
Evolved Member

Received 55 Likes on 38 Posts
Mr MR, if you are talking about the Espelir GT springs, I can add to the good review. I have two autocrosses and one big track event, Texas Motor Speedway, for comparison.

At autocross, I took 1st place both times. Good field of competition too with advanced drivers in good set up cars. Yes, the Espelir GT's helped. I am a 18yr veteran driving instructor and I think the springs reacted well and kept the car balanced.

At Texas World Speedway, the higher speed turns and chicanes maxed out my Espelir springs.....meaning I got into turn where all I could do was wait for the apex and straight away. I was maxing out how fast my car could handle the constant radius turns and my MR was showing body lean more than I preferred. Because of this, I am selling and moving up to a "big boy" coilover set up....not the starter coilover but a race set!

Daily ride is quite nice, but I have the Robispec set up which includes bump steer kits and other things. I think think the ride is quite nice and even my wife rides in the car....so to me the ride quality is amazing for the big gain in performance. These are the best bang for your buck in performance gains before coilovers!

I need to sell my MR Bilsteins, Espelir GT springs quick! Only 1700 miles on my MR....everyting is new! Email me if interested: driv200mph@aol.com
Old Jun 27, 2005, 10:59 PM
Evolving Member

I just had tanabe springs installed along with a hotchkis rear sway bar. The work was done at a body shop because I had some minor damage to the rear 1/4 panel. I also had the shop modify the front bumper(removed the diamonds). I am picking up the car tomorrow so I will let you know how the car feels and looks then.
Old Jun 28, 2005, 12:58 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Driv200
Mr MR, if you are talking about the Espelir GT springs, I can add to the good review. I have two autocrosses and one big track event, Texas Motor Speedway, for comparison.

At autocross, I took 1st place both times. Good field of competition too with advanced drivers in good set up cars. Yes, the Espelir GT's helped. I am a 18yr veteran driving instructor and I think the springs reacted well and kept the car balanced.

At Texas World Speedway, the higher speed turns and chicanes maxed out my Espelir springs.....meaning I got into turn where all I could do was wait for the apex and straight away. I was maxing out how fast my car could handle the constant radius turns and my MR was showing body lean more than I preferred. Because of this, I am selling and moving up to a "big boy" coilover set up....not the starter coilover but a race set!

Daily ride is quite nice, but I have the Robispec set up which includes bump steer kits and other things. I think think the ride is quite nice and even my wife rides in the car....so to me the ride quality is amazing for the big gain in performance. These are the best bang for your buck in performance gains before coilovers!

I need to sell my MR Bilsteins, Espelir GT springs quick! Only 1700 miles on my MR....everyting is new! Email me if interested: driv200mph@aol.com
Now that is a review of springs that I am looking for. I was interested in the Works springs though, but yours sound interesting. What about the drop on your car, does it mimick stock as far as relation to front/back heights? That is a concern , because I think athat affects braking and handling drastically. Thank you for your input.

Quick Reply: MR Springs Feedback Thread , Got springs on ur MR? GO HERE!!