Notices
Evo Tires / Wheels / Brakes / Suspension Discuss everything that helps make your car start and stop to the best of it's abilities.

MR Springs Feedback Thread , Got springs on ur MR? GO HERE!!

Search this Thread

Old May 27, 2005, 12:54 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Exclamation MR Springs Feedback Thread , Got springs on ur MR? GO HERE!!

I've been searching and trying to find some good springs that people had for the MR. It seems to me that espelir gt is the best one, there been lots of talk of the WORKS MR springs and it is currently on sale but no one seems to have any feed back.

I think a Feedback thread based on people with their MR lowered would help us all ,

so if you have springs on ur MR , tell us what kind and you thoughts on them so far!
Old May 27, 2005, 09:22 PM
Evolved Member

Received 55 Likes on 38 Posts
I fall into the same camp....I too have the Espelir GT springs. These are the stiffest springs on the market I was told by Robispec.com. After two 1st place auto-x's.....I am liking them a lot! Not to stiff for the street which is suprising. Althought, Robi installed his own bump-steer kit which helps avoid the hopping effect around town and keeps the car tight on the track!

So far,,,,I am impressed. But, my rear inside tire still lifts off the ground???? The car reacts very quickly and responds great. I feel the springs translate instant feedback through the steering. I give them a thumbs up!!!! I might get full coil-over set up soon because my racing is taking me into some serious directions. If I do get the coil-overs, I will need to sell my new Espelir GT's. Definitely save you some $$ over new.
Old May 29, 2005, 10:29 PM
Evolving Member

thanks thats some good feedback, any more people wana chime in anytime?

would you say the espelir gt handling is better than stock or worse or different??
Old May 29, 2005, 10:39 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
good post. I've been wondering if anyone had any luck with springs on their MR. Also if anyone has pics with the springs installed that would be great. I want to lower mine but haven't decided which path to take yet so If any one out there has any more info that would be awesome. thanks

Last edited by agolgan; May 29, 2005 at 10:42 PM.
Old May 29, 2005, 10:57 PM
Evolved Member

I understand that lowering the MR with lowering springs will adversely affect the Bilsteins as well as the handling of the car..... There was a thread posted not long ago by a very knowledgeable person who does suspension design professionally.... Do a search and find out the real poop before making unwise mods to your MR's suspension.
Old May 29, 2005, 10:58 PM
Evolved Member

I got eibach pro-kit on my EVO MR. Eliminates the big front wheel gap and has an even drop of 1.2 inch all around. Handles like stock based on my driving on the street and track. Goodluck!
Old Jun 19, 2005, 10:22 PM
Evolving Member

bump, anyone have other springs and feedback?
Old Jun 21, 2005, 12:41 AM
Evolved Member

I got the red Espelir GT springs on my MR. I must say the ride didn't change to much, but it did get rid of that huge wheel gap in the front! I like these springs because they lower the car, and there not to agressive. When going over bumps you don't have to worry about rubbing your wheel well.
Old Jun 21, 2005, 07:45 AM

can some1 post pics of the Espelir GT springs on the mr please?? i want to see what the drop looks like.
Old Jun 21, 2005, 06:48 PM
Evolving Member

anyone have the Works springs?
Old Jun 21, 2005, 07:26 PM
Evolved Member

work makes quality products and its the first spring specific to the MR bilsteins,. i remember someone was running the Titanium springs there too and said they had good results
Old Jun 21, 2005, 08:01 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I have the Tein S springs in my EVO 8 MR. The frot drop is 2.0" and the back is .9" , the car looks very low in the front.

I lost a lot of comfort, my headlight beam only illuminate about 50 feet in front of my car, I think that I gained in looks but definately lost on handling. The car steering feels a bit less woobly and the car dopes not roll that much but overall I don't think the Tein S were meant to be for the MR

I might sell my springs and put it back to original. I forgot to say that the Tein S are very cheap $130
Old Jun 21, 2005, 08:48 PM
Evolving Member

I think im leaning towards Espelir GT , thanks for the inputs so far, keep em comin
Old Jun 23, 2005, 08:18 PM

bump for pics of Mr's with espelir springs...
Old Jun 23, 2005, 08:25 PM
Evolved Member

yah pics would help alot, considering im looking as well. im almost going 2 purchase coilovers but there still is a chance on me just keeping the bilsteins and putting springs in. i just cant stand the huge wheel gap on the front. <4x4ing isnt my cup of tea, but id like to improve the already great handling w/ a suspenion package> i autox about once or twice a month so coilovers will probably be my choice.

springs-20%
coilovers-80%

Quick Reply: MR Springs Feedback Thread , Got springs on ur MR? GO HERE!!