Notices
Evo Tires / Wheels / Brakes / Suspension Discuss everything that helps make your car start and stop to the best of it's abilities.

tein already makes coilover for evo VIII

Search this Thread

Old Feb 17, 2003, 09:48 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question tein already makes coilover for evo VIII

im ganna most likely get tein's coilover kit "flex." i asked them when they would have that avaliable for the evo 8, they said that they are already made... i can buy them now. they said they are the same as the evo VII. so this would mean that the 8 is the same suspension-wise as the 7??? has anyone else heard this. if it is it would help out ALOT because i can order them now, and the second the evo gets here i can install them and let it break into the coilovers instead of the factory struts. anyone have any feedback?
Old Feb 17, 2003, 09:52 AM
Evolving Member

not sure if i would spend the money to upgrade a suspension that is already very good. But tein makes great coilovers and if thats what you want then go for it
Old Feb 17, 2003, 09:57 AM
KK
EvoM Administrator

The suspension for the 7 and 8 should be identical geometry-wise.

I would really recommend playing with the stock suspension for a little bit before installing the TEINs, otherwise you'll never know if it was an improvment or not. I say go to a few track schools before changing anything. If anything it'll save you some money in the meantime and I bet you'll get bit by the bug, too

Mark
Old Feb 17, 2003, 12:34 PM
Evolved Member

all good points. the stock evo suspention is tight... but i dont see how it could be better than tein. plus i can lower it as much as i want, and still have a good ride damper. im ganna talk to tein about how their previous kits helped skidpad/ swalom, and anyother handling in general. i want something thats ganna put down some drastic improvements. im hoping to gain over 1.0 g with the factory enkies and yoko's so i can run in stock modified classes and tear it all up... maybe make some money.
Old Feb 19, 2003, 06:25 AM
Evolved Member

I don't know where I read it but I saw something from Mits that said lowering the EVO would hurt the car more than help it... Unless you change the entire suspension system, it would not improve the EVO... Who knows... Not me at least... HAHAHA
Old Feb 20, 2003, 08:52 AM

Tein has been making suspension for the EVO's for years. They count for about 60% of the japanese markets aftermarket suspension and have only recently been addressing the US market. The Flex setup is outstanding and if you add the EDFC, you can adjust your dampening rates on the fly. I have a friend in japan that has been rolling around on the Tein's for a couple of years on his EVOVII and he loves them. That is the setup I plan on getting but probably not for a while. I do want to play with the OEM and see what they can do.
Old Feb 22, 2003, 01:56 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Also take alook at the HKS hypermax II highly recommend them.
Old Mar 8, 2003, 12:13 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Tein and HKS sure do make coilovers! In fact the 7 and 8 use the same suspension set up. We are a direct TEIN supplier and will be putting a set on our EVO this week. We will be taking orders for these for fellow EVO users at incredible pricing. Hit us up.

www.vividracing.com
Old Mar 10, 2003, 08:48 PM
Account Disabled

Yep, the geometry for the 8 and 7 are the same, as the chassis are identical. What remains to be seen is the weight differences between the US and JDM spec versions, so ultimately, valving may differ a tad.

In addition to the Tein (we are also a dealer, as is Vivid), but we will have JIC's coming into stock in the coming weeks, as well as exhausts.

Adam
Z-1 Performance
www.z1auto.com
631-863-3820
Old Mar 10, 2003, 08:59 PM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by VividRacing.com
Tein and HKS sure do make coilovers! In fact the 7 and 8 use the same suspension set up. We are a direct TEIN supplier and will be putting a set on our EVO this week. We will be taking orders for these for fellow EVO users at incredible pricing. Hit us up.

www.vividracing.com

How much would I have to pay to get a set of these TEINs. Shipping included. I live in Ohio. Definitely interested.

Last edited by stvbreal; Mar 10, 2003 at 09:01 PM.
Old Mar 14, 2003, 10:05 PM
Evolved Member

Wow, 3 dealers all in one thread. Yep I myself am a Tein dealer too along with Adam and Dan here. Tein suspensions are outstanding. So much so, that we really don't carry any other brand at all.
Old Jul 15, 2003, 02:19 PM
In Timeout

LOL.. u think a 2000 suspension kit would make a car handle worse? come on guys... tein knows what they are doing..i have flex w/edfc