Notices
Evo Tires / Wheels / Brakes / Suspension Discuss everything that helps make your car start and stop to the best of it's abilities.

RotorPRos Vs the Rest

Search this Thread

Old Jan 11, 2008 | 11:39 PM
Evolving Member

thanks for posting this. I was totally blown away with the prices of oem type replacement rotors, didn't make any sense to me compared to my previous cars. Gonna get a set and have 'em cryo'd will report back how they come out
Old Jan 13, 2008 | 01:59 AM
EvoM Guru

The rotorpro centric slotted rotors are the same rotors as stoptechs.

The ones that know, spend less, for the same thing.
Old Jan 13, 2008 | 10:47 AM
Evolved Member

Something is seriously not right about these rotors.

I recently got a quote for 4 dimpled rotors and I almost laughed. The kicker is when he offered me 4 "premium low dust" pads for $80. In most cases you can't even get one pad for $80.

Now I'm not gonna bash the company cause I don't have any experience with their products. But when your the ONLY company in the market selling rotors/pads that low it throws up a red flag.

I've been on the track in a car when a rotor broke and I don't want to experience that again so brakes are something I won't skimp on. With that said may the force be with those that purchase these.
Old Jan 13, 2008 | 03:17 PM

rotorpro are centric one and the same!

one thing about these rotors is Rotorpros are buying them wholesale that is the only way to get them and selling them cheap for a profit. as far as i can tell Stoptech uses the same blanks or buys already CNC'ed and stamps there name on them. at the very least Rotorpros are buying blanks running the CNC program themselves.

none the less this is the product you are buying http://www.centricparts.com/CentricHighPerformance.html
Old Jan 13, 2008 | 03:22 PM

I'm also curious about what pads Rotorpros are offering for $80. It's a bit weird -- even though I think the rotors are very good, I'm surprised they also offer some suspiciously cheap pads.

And what's "CNC" mean?
Old Jan 13, 2008 | 03:26 PM

Cnc

CNC defined :

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CNC
Old Jan 13, 2008 | 03:55 PM
Evolved Member

now it gives you the option for dimpled and slotted, drilled and slotted, slotted, drilled... what is the ideal setup? and what does the zinc coating do for the rotor?
Old Jan 13, 2008 | 03:55 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

My personal favorite "everyday" pads are the NOT cheap Ferodo DS2500s, so I'll not talk about the pads anyone is offering. I only offer Hawk pads with these rotors as a vendor. People wanting to step up to Ferodos, or the like I send to other vendors. The Hawk/Centric package though, is a great VALUE for just over $400. Anyone needing more rotor, probably needs to step away from one piece rotors anyway, and are WAY up there in pads. However, the Centric rotors are as solid as ANY one piece you can buy from anyone. Including the $tealership.

Last edited by Zeus; Jan 14, 2008 at 12:39 PM.
Old Jan 13, 2008 | 03:59 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Originally Posted by evolved83
now it gives you the option for dimpled and slotted, drilled and slotted, slotted, drilled... what is the ideal setup? and what does the zinc coating do for the rotor?
The best for a daily driver is BLANK! If you just HAVE to have them dicked with, my first choice would be just slotted. Anything more is solely "bling" on a street car. The zinc coating just keeps the un-scrubbed part of the rotor pretty, and un corroded (read keeps it from rusting). I personally didn't coat mine. Although my rotors are just fine, I kinda wish I'd have done the black just for cosmetic purposes.
Old Jan 13, 2008 | 04:03 PM

rotors

the zinc helps with rust and looks good as for who does it ... ""shrugg"". ideal set-up
would be slotted only "IMO"... as for 2 piece , i would agree that if your gonna drop alot of money on rotors i would say go 2-piece .
Old Jan 13, 2008 | 04:09 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Originally Posted by cplise
the zinc helps with rust and looks good as for who does it ... ""shrugg"". ideal set-up
would be slotted only "IMO"... as for 2 piece , i would agree that if your gonna drop alot of money on rotors i would say go 2-piece .
The problem is people's eyes are usually larger than their stomachs. 95% of Evo owners don't "need" anything more than a one piece blank rotor and a decent pad. Anything after that is flashy paint and 20" wheels for the most part.
Old Jan 13, 2008 | 05:06 PM
Evolved Member

thanks for the response guys, i was told to get the slotted (if i ever upgraded my rotors) and stay away from the cross drilled because of the possibility of cracking.
Old Jan 13, 2008 | 05:25 PM
Evolved Member

I heard slotted and or dimpled make noise when stopping is this true?
Old Jan 13, 2008 | 06:06 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Originally Posted by evolved83
thanks for the response guys, i was told to get the slotted (if i ever upgraded my rotors) and stay away from the cross drilled because of the possibility of cracking.
Even slotted are mostly cosmetic for a street car... maybe even increased pad wear...
Old Jan 13, 2008 | 06:29 PM
Evolved Member

I have the slotted and dimpled with hawk HPSpads and stainless lines and Motul 600. I love these brakes. They were noisey at ffirst because the Hawk pads arent chanmfered, but after a few thousand miles they are pretty quite. I personally dont care about the squeel its the perfoirmance I care about. They still make a little noise when they get really hot like a canyon run.

Quick Reply: RotorPRos Vs the Rest