Notices
Evo Tires / Wheels / Brakes / Suspension Discuss everything that helps make your car start and stop to the best of it's abilities.

RotorPRos Vs the Rest

Search this Thread

Old Jan 13, 2008 | 08:00 PM
EvoM Guru

Originally Posted by OldschoolEVO
Something is seriously not right about these rotors.

I recently got a quote for 4 dimpled rotors and I almost laughed. The kicker is when he offered me 4 "premium low dust" pads for $80. In most cases you can't even get one pad for $80.

Now I'm not gonna bash the company cause I don't have any experience with their products. But when your the ONLY company in the market selling rotors/pads that low it throws up a red flag.

I've been on the track in a car when a rotor broke and I don't want to experience that again so brakes are something I won't skimp on. With that said may the force be with those that purchase these.
again, the centric rotors from rotorpros are the exact same rotors as stoptechs.

Track tested by me and many others. They work just like...well... the stoptechs... imagine that.

If you don't feel like saving money, then by all means... don't.
Old Jan 14, 2008 | 12:31 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by razorlab
again, the centric rotors from rotorpros are the exact same rotors as stoptechs.

Track tested by me and many others. They work just like...well... the stoptechs... imagine that.

If you don't feel like saving money, then by all means... don't.
OK guy. Until you show me micrometer, heat range testing hell even pictures proving that they are the same, you and I are arguing a moot point.

Sorry but, "Track tested by others" and buttdyno numbers aren't enough.

Once again I'm not saying the product is bad but something just isn't right to be the only company selling them that low. There has to be a catch somewhere.

And if they're a premium product then great I'll be the first one to get some and tell everybody about them.
Old Jan 14, 2008 | 12:43 AM
EvoM Guru

ok guy?

I've run about 3 sets of them on track with no problems, is that good enough? I run in advance class and also instruct so I am not the kid next door with a evo my parents bought sitting in the driveway.

Keep spending more money on rotors and I will keep saving money.

Centric owns stoptech. These centric rotors are the same rotors as stoptech. You can argue with me until the cows come home. They are the same. I don't need to prove it to anyone. The ones that know, know.
Old Jan 14, 2008 | 03:13 AM
Evolved Member

ok guy?

I've run about 3 sets of them on track with no problems, is that good enough? I run in advance class and also instruct so I am not the kid next door with a evo my parents bought sitting in the driveway.

Keep spending more money on rotors and I will keep saving money.

Centric owns stoptech. These centric rotors are the same rotors as stoptech. You can argue with me until the cows come home. They are the same. I don't need to prove it to anyone. The ones that know, know.
Unless you're female do you have a problem with me calling you guy?

I think you're seriously confused with the point I'm trying to make.

I'm not saying anything is wrong with the rotors. I can't say that cause I have no experience with them.

I'm only stressing something is not right about the prices RotorPros is selling them at. You can't just sell rotors at the prices RotorPros is selling them at. I'm aware of who Centric is and what they own. In fact I was about to pull the trigger on some Centric rotors until this thread. But how does one claim to sell premium rotors for the track and then try to sell me $80 "low dust pads"? If indeed the rotors from RotorPros are Centric there is nothing on their site stating that. Business 101, if you are selling a premium product, such as Centric rotors, you'd want customers to know this. Not just sell them at PepBoys prices.

I guess my problem isn't with the rotors but more less RotorPros.
Old Jan 14, 2008 | 06:37 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

The reason they probably dont flaunt the name it to avoid competition with themselves. Centric probably sells Rotorpros rotors at a lower premium with the condition they wont market them as Centric rotors. This avoids centric having to compete with themselves and allows rotorpros to have less competition in their market by selling them at lower prices, i.e. Ebay.
Old Jan 14, 2008 | 11:01 AM
EvoM Guru

Originally Posted by OldschoolEVO

I think you're seriously confused with the point I'm trying to make.
Not confused at all, you made up things like "Butt dyno numbers aren't enough" etc.

I'm sorry your brain cannot grasp the deal, but again, I'll keep saving money, while your brain tries to grasp the concept.

This was a nice kept secret so maybe it is good that people cannot grasp it.
Old Jan 14, 2008 | 11:04 AM
Evolved Member

Not confused at all, you made up things like "Butt dyno numbers aren't enough" etc.

I'm sorry your brain cannot grasp the deal, but again, I'll keep saving money, while your brain tries to grasp the concept.

This was a nice kept secret so maybe it is good that people cannot grasp it.
Old Jan 31, 2008 | 05:35 PM
Former Sponsor

Rotorpros sells the Centric blank rotors therefore they are cheaper.

Slotted or cross drilled rotors usually cost more.
Old Jan 31, 2008 | 05:46 PM
Evolved Member

i have the rotorpros on my car with hawk pads for 6 months and 20,000 miles. i couldn't be happier. they look great and stop amazing. nothing wrong with these.
Old Jan 31, 2008 | 05:54 PM
Evolving Member

I love my rotorpros! BIG THUMBS UP to rotorpros!
Old Feb 1, 2008 | 02:20 PM
Evolved Member

damn, thats a steal. I thought I found a gem w/ getting Napa premium replacements!!
Old Oct 13, 2008 | 04:18 PM
Evolving Member

I bought and installed a set of slotted Rotorpros on my Evo 8 track day car.

I run the car very hard at the track. I'm in the Instructor Run Group and I put 5 track days on these rotors, so far. Now the fronts are beginning to crack up. Is this normal?

The first weekend I toasted a set of Project Mu 777 Race pads with the RotorPros. (Junk for the track, IMHO)

The next two track days I ran with CarboTech XP12's (love these pads).

Comments ???
Old Oct 13, 2008 | 04:27 PM
EvoM Guru

Originally Posted by george3
I bought and installed a set of slotted Rotorpros on my Evo 8 track day car.

I run the car very hard at the track. I'm in the Instructor Run Group and I put 5 track days on these rotors, so far. Now the fronts are beginning to crack up. Is this normal?
Look like this?

Perfectly normal if you actually put good heat through them.
Old Oct 13, 2008 | 04:45 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

/\ I also ALWAYS suggest "blanks" as apposed to "drilled or dimpled" on a stock replacement rotor... Oh, wait, I keep saying that!

Last edited by Zeus; Oct 13, 2008 at 04:48 PM.
Old Oct 13, 2008 | 04:52 PM
Evolving Member

Look like this?

Perfectly normal if you actually put good heat through them.

Yep... that's exactly how they look.
How much life is left in them ???

Quick Reply: RotorPRos Vs the Rest