Notices
Evo Tires / Wheels / Brakes / Suspension Discuss everything that helps make your car start and stop to the best of it's abilities.

RotorPRos Vs the Rest

Search this Thread

Old Nov 28, 2008 | 04:04 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by EVOBrakes
That's the 120 rotor isn't it - you said you haven't used the C-tek 121's yet.

That's Taiwans best effort btw - and look at the heavy grooving and irregular spider webbing.

The heavy grooves and irregular cracking of the rotor on top are at least from a cursory look different than the typical spider webbing observed on the Brembo rotor.
Even the 'good' Centric rotors show uneven wear - softer in spots with uneven spiderwebbing.
Old Nov 28, 2008 | 10:41 AM
EvoM Guru

Since you are really reaching here (posting the same thing in 5 different posts instead of one and replying to your own posts), I'll post one more time in this thread just to say that my brembos had the exact same grooving and spider cracks as my centrics, my performance friction 2 piece rotors did as well. All with the same pads (this should be the key thing here, btw)

Guess which ones last the longest on average so far? The centrics. At a fraction of the price.

While you keep posting drivel of some information you read on your dealer cards, I will keep using my "cheap piece of crap rotors" in real world situations with good results.

Have fun, toodles.
Old Nov 29, 2008 | 01:03 PM
Evolved Member

Hey Razor, where are you finding the StopTech part #'s. I searched all over their site, since my bro wants to order some for his 04 STi. We found the Centric Part # for the STi. Now we need to match it up to see if they match the StopTech rotors.
Old Nov 29, 2008 | 01:08 PM
Former Sponsor

12x.47019 and 20

x= 0,1,6,7,8

0=blank
1 = other blank
6=slotted
7.8 = some combo w/ drilling

change the first 1 to a 2 and get cryo on certain applications
Old Nov 29, 2008 | 02:01 PM
Evolved Member

Sweet, thanks.
Old Nov 30, 2008 | 01:12 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by jaytengan
does anyone have or had problems with the axxis brake pad i just instlled the front and back and now it makes a lot of noise i took it apart 4 time
Did you break them in? Did you use shims? Did you use any lube on backside of pads? I use the Ultimate pads and have zero squeaks
Old Nov 30, 2008 | 08:55 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by razorlab
Since you are really reaching here (posting the same thing in 5 different posts instead of one and replying to your own posts), I'll post one more time in this thread just to say that my brembos had the exact same grooving and spider cracks as my centrics, my performance friction 2 piece rotors did as well. All with the same pads (this should be the key thing here, btw)

Guess which ones last the longest on average so far? The centrics. At a fraction of the price.

While you keep posting drivel of some information you read on your dealer cards, I will keep using my "cheap piece of crap rotors" in real world situations with good results.

Have fun, toodles.
Are you an employee of GST Motorsports?
Old Nov 30, 2008 | 12:08 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Both you guys keep it civil...

I'm a HUGE fan of the Centric rotors as they have outlasted my OE Brembos two fold. If they have a substandard offering, we need to identify that offering to the masses, and continue to recommend the outstanding value of the other.

The catastrophic failure posted a ways back is a classic manufacturing defect, yet uncommon even in the most cheap *** rotors out there (even saw stuff like that when I was in aerospace manufacturing... how scary is that). When I was sporting the ITR I had, rotors were as disposable as pads, and I generally bought cheap Autozone rotors cause I went though them so fast. They were made in Taiwan, and the quality was way below what I'd call "good". Yet they served the purpose well, and many other ranked ITR pilots used them as well.

All in all, the Centric rotors that I have, and have put on my customers Evos have been top notch... so much so, I've not had return business on rotors as they say they are still running them (less one guy who seems to have other issues amiss). Maybe my personal supplier only gets the "good ones".

Last edited by Zeus; Nov 30, 2008 at 12:13 PM.
Old Nov 30, 2008 | 12:56 PM
Evolving Member

http://*******************/
Old Nov 30, 2008 | 12:58 PM
Evolving Member

lol they seriously banned it. but why, because they started off selling the 120 to pull everyone in then switched to the cheaper 121's or whatever?
Old Nov 30, 2008 | 04:58 PM
EvoM Guru

Originally Posted by EVOBrakes
Are you an employee of GST Motorsports?
I rent dyno time from the shop. I have no idea what that has to do with this thread though.
Old Nov 30, 2008 | 06:53 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

This goes any further... it WILL require moderation... and not literal...
Old Nov 30, 2008 | 09:44 PM
ktk
Evolving Member

Well after reading through several pages of this thread and not being a brake expert in any way:

I is confused

I'm looking for rotors for upcoming track days next spring and am not sure what to do now.

Let me pose two hypotheticals and if you have an actual knowledgeable helpful answer please post

1) Let's assume (just bear with me here) that these Centric/"stoptechlookalikes"/chinese/wotever knockoffs are indeed crap WHAT IS THE NEXT BEST OPTION (solid performance for the $) and where should i go (link please?)

2) Assuming the Centric/rotorpro/chinese/taiwan is actually full of win, where should I go to order those? (link please)

Thanks guys
Old Dec 1, 2008 | 11:19 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by prodigalsunn
lol they seriously banned it. but why, because they started off selling the 120 to pull everyone in then switched to the cheaper 121's or whatever?
I don't know what there business model is.

Actually - I cannot be 100% certain but I am pretty sure that the more expensive premium rotors starting w/ 120 were available before the 121's were. Perhaps they switched when the lower priced ones became available.
Old Dec 2, 2008 | 05:34 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by ktk
2) Assuming the Centric/rotorpro/chinese/taiwan is actually full of win, where should I go to order those? (link please)
http://www.maperformance.com/rotorpr...o-viii-ix.html

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...d.php?t=369244

Quick Reply: RotorPRos Vs the Rest