Notices
Evo Tires / Wheels / Brakes / Suspension Discuss everything that helps make your car start and stop to the best of it's abilities.

POWER BLEEDER - What do you use?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 17, 2006, 03:32 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by WarmPepsi
naaaaaaaaaaa i can have that thing off in a few minutes, it's like routine.

(again, i can do a full rotor/pad swap in my sleep probably, so it's just a matter of repeatitiveness )
hehe.. So what's your trick when you remove those stubborn plastic clips that hold the undertray? I can't use my electric screwdriver on them because it doesn't have enough modulation in it to allow me to finesse those suckers out. I swear, I'm gonna get carpal tunnel from those things!
Old Apr 17, 2006, 04:04 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by marksae
hehe.. So what's your trick when you remove those stubborn plastic clips that hold the undertray? I can't use my electric screwdriver on them because it doesn't have enough modulation in it to allow me to finesse those suckers out. I swear, I'm gonna get carpal tunnel from those things!
skills man, skills

i have one of those 4 way adjustable ones, works like a champ, again, my car nearly lives on 4 stands, so i just slide under, and go at it.

Longest process for me, is jacking up the car and pulling the wheels.
Old Apr 26, 2006, 05:34 AM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
http://www.apexperformance.net/cartg...?pid=950&cid=8

for people that want free shipping.
Old Apr 26, 2006, 05:41 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
^^ Yep, that's where I got mine. Very good service. Delivered the next day, only because I'm one state away.

This thing worked perfectly! I swapped to Super Blue in no time.
Old Apr 26, 2006, 04:13 PM
Evolved Member

nice find.

i'll never be using superblue agian though, other than the consistant boiling ( just got used to it), it's a PITA to flush. Tried to flush my motul through, the superblue wasn't having any of that. so i got some valvoline high temp stuff (robi reccommended) for flushing, and just run motul now

great device though, i love mine.
Old Apr 26, 2006, 04:54 PM
Evolved Member

WarmPepsi, do you have any brake cooling device? What pads and rotors are you using to boil your superblue? I've only boiled my superblue if I don't do a cool down lap after a long session.
Old Apr 26, 2006, 05:06 PM
Evolving Member

I have the universal unit that works with the EVO. I never used it. PM me if you want to buy it
Old Apr 26, 2006, 06:28 PM
Evolved Member

mitsu ducts, no splash plate.

Seems like with my new PF front rotors (vaned) and the splash guard off, i didn't boil them last time at homestead, again, i wasn't super pushing the car. And homestead is rather open, allowing lots of air to flow, good speeds = good flowing air.

It was at sebring that i came in after a moderate session on the short course, and somebody pyro'd my calipers at 640/550 front, and 400-450 or so rear.

Running endless CCR's. 0 pad fade, no hint of anything that i'm boiling it. But knowing the temp my calipers are, and the fact that the super blue when flushed is a grey, instead of a blue, that tells me it boiled.

...I do brake fairly late and fairly hard though
Old Apr 26, 2006, 09:22 PM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
how come the super blue was not bleeding? was it mixing or just not really coming out?
Old Apr 26, 2006, 09:31 PM
Evolved Member

mitsu ducts, no splash plate.

Seems like with my new PF front rotors (vaned) and the splash guard off, i didn't boil them last time at homestead, again, i wasn't super pushing the car. And homestead is rather open, allowing lots of air to flow, good speeds = good flowing air.

It was at sebring that i came in after a moderate session on the short course, and somebody pyro'd my calipers at 640/550 front, and 400-450 or so rear.

Running endless CCR's. 0 pad fade, no hint of anything that i'm boiling it. But knowing the temp my calipers are, and the fact that the super blue when flushed is a grey, instead of a blue, that tells me it boiled.

...I do brake fairly late and fairly hard though
For clarification, by "splash guard" you mean the rotor dust shield right? I'm thinking about taking mine off too as I heard it helps.
Old Apr 27, 2006, 03:33 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by trinydex
how come the super blue was not bleeding? was it mixing or just not really coming out?
both, i went through a bunch of motul, trying to get it out, and after 3 bottles, it was still a greenish gold, not pure fluid at all.

then switched to the vavoline stuff (perfectly clear) and finally got rid of all the blue.

When i flushed the motul with the super blue, it was easy, night and day, just came out gold, gold gold, BLUE!, good, you're done.

Getting it out was a whole nother story

For clarification, by "splash guard" you mean the rotor dust shield right? I'm thinking about taking mine off too as I heard it helps.
Yes, again, last time out was my first time doing it, and with the combo of that and the upgraded rotors, it made a difference.
Old Apr 27, 2006, 10:37 AM
Evolved Member

WarmPepsi, do you have any brake cooling device? What pads and rotors are you using to boil your superblue? I've only boiled my superblue if I don't do a cool down lap after a long session.
I boiled Super Blue but RBF600 seems not to...
Old Apr 27, 2006, 10:38 AM
Evolved Member

both, i went through a bunch of motul, trying to get it out, and after 3 bottles, it was still a greenish gold, not pure fluid at all.

then switched to the vavoline stuff (perfectly clear) and finally got rid of all the blue.

When i flushed the motul with the super blue, it was easy, night and day, just came out gold, gold gold, BLUE!, good, you're done.

Getting it out was a whole nother story

Yes, again, last time out was my first time doing it, and with the combo of that and the upgraded rotors, it made a difference.
Probably because you boiled it and it got gummed up...I would stick to Motul.
Old Apr 27, 2006, 03:17 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by machron1
Probably because you boiled it and it got gummed up...I would stick to Motul.
i plan on it
Old Apr 28, 2006, 06:00 AM

Originally Posted by evoracerx
I have the universal unit that works with the EVO. I never used it. PM me if you want to buy it
PM sent. I'm interested in using it for my other car.

Thanks for the heads up guys! Hopefully I won't boil the blue my first time out in the EVO this weekend.

Quick Reply: POWER BLEEDER - What do you use?