Notices
Evo Tires / Wheels / Brakes / Suspension Discuss everything that helps make your car start and stop to the best of it's abilities.

POWER BLEEDER - What do you use?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 15, 2005, 07:44 AM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
POWER BLEEDER - What do you use?

ok after my little disaster... i'm just buying the best damn bleeder i can get... i'm not going thru what i did already ever again.

who has the best bleeder for our EVO's any one know?

thanks many times
Old Jun 15, 2005, 07:46 AM
Evolved Member

Received 12 Likes on 3 Posts
wha happen?
Old Jun 15, 2005, 07:53 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mach V sells one. http://www.machevo.com/mopobl.html Looks like a good option.

-Paul
Old Jun 15, 2005, 07:56 AM
Evolving Member

see in the list below saying !!!! HELP NO BRAKE PETAL !!!!

the car is in the garage until i get more fluid and a nice brake bleeder that works good... the i think air might have gotten into the MC... but hell if i know how... the res never went below 1/2 and i pushed a full liter thru the car... but i bleed the MC later about nightnight and there was air in there i beleive...

i have never had this many problems before... i must have bleed my BMW's and other cars in my house at least 30 - 40 times over the past 7 years.... i just don't get it... so asking for the best POWER BLEEDER out there...

i'm just going to order it today and get it shipped... along with new fluid LOL ...i'm wiped out of that....
Old Jun 15, 2005, 08:02 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I bled my EVO with my friend and it was pc of cake. Just ask for someone to pump your brakes... Its the right way
Old Jun 15, 2005, 08:25 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Knightr
see in the list below saying !!!! HELP NO BRAKE PETAL !!!!

the car is in the garage until i get more fluid and a nice brake bleeder that works good... the i think air might have gotten into the MC... but hell if i know how... the res never went below 1/2 and i pushed a full liter thru the car... but i bleed the MC later about nightnight and there was air in there i beleive...

i have never had this many problems before... i must have bleed my BMW's and other cars in my house at least 30 - 40 times over the past 7 years.... i just don't get it... so asking for the best POWER BLEEDER out there...

i'm just going to order it today and get it shipped... along with new fluid LOL ...i'm wiped out of that....
Just a thought on your problem. The brake fluid reservoir is also the clutch fluid reservoir. If you look inside it you will see a wall separating the two halves. Are you sure that you did not completely drain the brake side but did not realize it because there was still brake fluid in the other side? I could see how this could happen without someone noticing.

-Paul
Old Jun 15, 2005, 08:44 AM
Evolving Member

hmmm maybe.... i watch it carefully but that could have happened... the clutch is fine and i have some brake back after i rebleed the MC and push what little i had left to the tires... but i have to redo it... i figured just get the power bleeder... lots of new fluid and do it right... hard when none of your freinds have anything sporty except my friend with his M3 but he let's just say doens't put to much effort in going out of his way to come over to help with anything... the rest of my freinds have GTO's or whatever... but again i know more than them... they just drive them and oh issue problem DEALER FIX... not very helpful there... HAHAHAHA

so mayeb air got into the MC when my wife was pumping out the fluid and maybe the clutch res held the fluid and the brake one ran out... i didn't know until i read here that the clutch res was the same as the brake res... so i'm gald this board exists... and people help each other out...

thanks for everyones help...

so i'm still getting a power bleeder so far only one post on one... and i checked it out... but no one has post they have it like it dislike it... etc... waiting to see if any one else posts...

thanks...
Old Jun 15, 2005, 09:00 AM

I've used the motive products pressure bleeder for years - works great. Pump it up to about 10psi and simply crack your bleeders. Order the one with the universal cap. It has a couple chains and hooks to strap the cap to your MC resevoir. Here's one link to buy http://marketplace.s2ki.com/s2ki/pro...9&cat=0&page=1

You might have got some air in your ABS control. You probably need the manual to properly bleed it.
Old Jun 15, 2005, 02:31 PM
Evolving Member

motive now has a cap that works with our cars, or at least they are 99% sure. i just ordered the adaptor to replace the universal one i now use. the universal is a bit of a pain in the a$$ to get on and off, and difficult to get a good seal.
Old Jun 15, 2005, 02:45 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by 'ringmeister
motive now has a cap that works with our cars, or at least they are 99% sure. i just ordered the adaptor to replace the universal one i now use. the universal is a bit of a pain in the a$$ to get on and off, and difficult to get a good seal.

Amen. The product is very good in theory but the universal cap sucks! It leaked fluid all over the place b/c it did not seal right. I need to look into getting the new cap.
Old Jun 15, 2005, 02:49 PM
Evolved Member

I hear ya.....

uncomfirmed, but I just got off the phone with motive and they say that adapter kit #1107 might work with the Lancer EVO.

I ordered it and will let you know if it is a fit or not.

n
Old Jun 16, 2005, 11:23 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by nils
I hear ya.....

uncomfirmed, but I just got off the phone with motive and they say that adapter kit #1107 might work with the Lancer EVO.

I ordered it and will let you know if it is a fit or not.

n
Please let me know. I would order that in a second.
Old Jun 16, 2005, 11:47 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by EricR
I've used the motive products pressure bleeder for years - works great. Pump it up to about 10psi and simply crack your bleeders. Order the one with the universal cap. It has a couple chains and hooks to strap the cap to your MC resevoir. Here's one link to buy http://marketplace.s2ki.com/s2ki/pro...9&cat=0&page=1

You might have got some air in your ABS control. You probably need the manual to properly bleed it.
The Motive unit kicks ***. The universal cap is a little tricky to get properly sealed but aside from that it's so easy to bleed brakes. You're high on weed if it takes you more than 30 minutes to do all four corners flawlessly. If it's true that there's a cap available to fit the Mitsubishi then it's a no brainer.
Old Jun 16, 2005, 11:50 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by gestalt
Amen. The product is very good in theory but the universal cap sucks! It leaked fluid all over the place b/c it did not seal right. I need to look into getting the new cap.
I can just barely get it to fit because of the strut bar. It is still offset, but I can use it. A cap that was a match to the oem unit would be clutch!
Old Jun 21, 2005, 06:33 AM
Evolving Member

I have the 1107 coming with my brake bleeder it will be here tomorrow and going to bleed the hell out of it. I will report on thursday if the 1107 works with the EVO. Ispoke with them and they did not guaranty that it would but they want to know if it does... i will fill everyone in on thursday... including Motive.

Quick Reply: POWER BLEEDER - What do you use?