Notices
Evo Tires / Wheels / Brakes / Suspension Discuss everything that helps make your car start and stop to the best of it's abilities.

Let's hear about your RS Brakes...

Search this Thread

Old Jul 2, 2005, 10:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Brakes just stop the tires, the tires stop the car. Question for all you "I've never locked my wheels/gotten into ABS" - how do you know what your braking limit is? You just going to guess in that emergency?

KeS
Old Jul 3, 2005, 05:42 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Experimentation then?
Old Jul 3, 2005, 08:24 PM

Well, I just think it's unwise to be driving the car around when you don't know what it'll do in an emergency. I don't think anyone is arguing that the brakes have enough power to lock the wheels at probably any double-digit speeds. So if you're saying you've done hard/emergency stops in the car, but have never locked/gone into ABS, either you (this is all generic "you") didn't stop as hard as you could, or magically hit the exact braking threshold without going over, without having ever GONE over to know where that point is.

(shrug) I autocross, I know damn well what my brakes will/won't do. Just seems odd to me that people would drive around like that.

KeS
Old Jul 3, 2005, 11:18 PM
Evolved Member

Well I havent...I am just trying to learn thats all man
Old Jul 4, 2005, 01:29 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by _EVOled_
I've thought about that...What methods can I use to improve braking greatly on the spot with the least amount of skidding?
Originally Posted by painthorseblu
Once you guys stop talking about yourselves and your perceived abilites; once you stop using elitism, sexism and personal attacks to anwer straightforward questions a discussion on the merits of an issue can occur.
Finally, the question that was asked was NOT "how good of a driver do you think you are" but should I get ABS or not. ABS is the way to go, not having ABS doesn't make the car unsafe but ABS does improve the performance envelope in almost every driving situation.
I don't know how good of a driver you are nor do I care. And you don't know about me either, don't make assumptions.

?personal attacks? ?elitism? ?assumptions? dont know why your all bent out over the RS. i wasnt trying make a pissing match here, sorry if i some how upset you?

Electronic Brake Distribution was pretty nice on the STi, assume its just as good on the evo. ABS is pretty far out now, some of the info i found was speaking of less advanced systems.

so evoled whats the decision? the 06 sti in red w/ gold looks pretty nice color combo. id go with the RS
Old Jul 4, 2005, 03:01 PM
Evolved Member

I'm just going to add that I personally love ABS. If you ever plan on driving your evo in the snow with the stock advans, you will kick in the ABS I don't care who you are. Try to avoid driving in the snow if you can, but sometimes it is necessary. Another thing is people did get by without ABS back before the 90's. Personally, I wouldn't base my decision on whether or not the car has ABS. If ABS were that big of a deal, Mitsu would've put them on the car. Sure they can help maintain control in an emergency, but you'll be fine without them. If you do live in the snow belt region, they will help out a lot more. If you live in a warm-dry area, I wouldn't even consider them as a factor on which car to buy.
Old Jul 4, 2005, 05:25 PM
Evolved Member

Yeah...RS it is most likely then. I just love the fact how puts up fairly better 0-60 and 1/4 time, for less $$$!
Old Jul 4, 2005, 05:36 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by _EVOled_
Yeah...RS it is most likely then. I just love the fact how puts up fairly better 0-60 and 1/4 time, for less $$$!
red or white
Old Jul 4, 2005, 05:50 PM
Evolved Member

Thumbs up

Red
Old Jul 4, 2005, 06:08 PM
Evolved Member

saw a san remo red wrx with black wheels and a cf lip yesterday...looked good.

red evo's with black wheels look sick though, saw one the other day in portland.
Old Jul 4, 2005, 11:26 PM
Evolved Member

Yeah they look nice in Red...I would consider the white like yours (very nice by the way), but my buddy has a white one...