Notices
Evo Tires / Wheels / Brakes / Suspension Discuss everything that helps make your car start and stop to the best of it's abilities.

Buddy Club Racing Spec vs JICMAGIC FLT-A2 vs Cusco 02R

Search this Thread

Old Jul 18, 2005, 12:48 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by marksae
Do the new Buddy Clubs have a stud for the front brake lines yet?
No.
Old Jul 18, 2005, 07:14 PM
Evolved Member

John - What kind of maintenance do these require? Do they need to be rebuilt every 15000 miles etc? I know part of it depends on how much you track them, but what if the coilovers see 8-10 trackevents a year and driven on the street the rest of the year.

Also where do you recommend the brake line be tied to if the coilover doesn't have stud for the brake line.

thanks

Originally Posted by john@rre
No.
Old Jul 20, 2005, 12:55 PM
Evolved Member

What is the lifetime I can expect out of the RRE JICS shocks and their rebuild cost? Who does the rebuild?
Old Jul 21, 2005, 01:11 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by KZEVO
John - What kind of maintenance do these require? Do they need to be rebuilt every 15000 miles etc? I know part of it depends on how much you track them, but what if the coilovers see 8-10 trackevents a year and driven on the street the rest of the year.

Also where do you recommend the brake line be tied to if the coilover doesn't have stud for the brake line.
Maintenence is important with any inverted monotube strut after driving a lot in heavy rain. Blowing a strut off with compressed air then coating w/ wd-40 or other rust preventive is a good thing.

Rebuild schedule is more often user dependent, as some people can drive 20 track days at warp speed without ever touching a curb or taking their car off-roading, while other people hit every freaking berm and consider themselves improving when they fall off the race course only 4 times in one day. I have sets of EVO suspension with very high miles that still function 100% after many many track events.

We mount the brake line directly to the strut in the front, if you choose to be one of our customers I can provide you with detailed intructions of how/where to attach the line.
Old Jul 21, 2005, 01:27 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by mayhem
What is the lifetime I can expect out of the RRE JICS shocks and their rebuild cost? Who does the rebuild?
We have had JICs on EVOs since 2 months before the cars were first offered for sale here in the US, So far, our earliest sets sold are still performaing flawlessly.

Rebuild cost is $120 each shock, currently rebuilds are performed by JIC-USA. If any parts are questionable at all we can replace the entire unit, and we stock a wide variety of JIC components, from adjusters to complete struts/.shocks.
Old Jul 22, 2005, 06:03 AM
Evolved Member

Thank you John for the informative answers. That was very helpful. I do plan on being an RRE customer soon.

A little OT, but since we're getting such good infor on these CO's I figure we might as well have it all in the same thread. Why use WD-40 as a protectant? I understand it's a battle to stop the corrosion, but it seems that WD-40 would be one of the worst choices of weapons. How about a silicon lubricant or maybe even coat the CO with a mild grease, something that sticks and doesn't just evaporate like WD-40, which if anything is just a DEgreaser/cleaner, not a lubricant.
Old Jul 22, 2005, 06:16 AM
Account Disabled

only reason I'd advice agains that is that the threads will bev ery prone to picking up lots of road debris...sand, etc, whcih can over time, wreck the threads

I've had coilovers on some of my cars and customer cars for literally years (3, 4, 5 years +) - track cars, street cars, etc. What I find works best is \

1. keep them clean - just a quick hose down once a month or so, or a blast with the compressor to keep the road debris off the threads goes a long way (especially important in winter months if anyone is in a snow area, and salt area). You also want to inspect the dust boots and make sure they are not torn, etc - if they are, replace em

2. dry them well, and then spray some form of lubricant on there - there are literally a million choices for what works
Old Jul 22, 2005, 06:46 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Z1 Performance
only reason I'd advice agains that is that the threads will bev ery prone to picking up lots of road debris...sand, etc, whcih can over time, wreck the threads

I've had coilovers on some of my cars and customer cars for literally years (3, 4, 5 years +) - track cars, street cars, etc. What I find works best is \

1. keep them clean - just a quick hose down once a month or so, or a blast with the compressor to keep the road debris off the threads goes a long way (especially important in winter months if anyone is in a snow area, and salt area). You also want to inspect the dust boots and make sure they are not torn, etc - if they are, replace em

2. dry them well, and then spray some form of lubricant on there - there are literally a million choices for what works
Gotcha! Something to help with not ruining the threads would be to -not adjust the threads that often and -clean them before you do. Everything else is just corrosion maintenance.

Basically, just looking for something that last longer than wd-40 and still safe for the CO. Thanks!