Notices
Evo Tires / Wheels / Brakes / Suspension Discuss everything that helps make your car start and stop to the best of it's abilities.

Yokohama ADVAN Neova AD07 vs. Falkan AZENIS RT-615

Search this Thread

Old Aug 5, 2005, 10:05 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Yokohama ADVAN Neova AD07 vs. Falkan AZENIS RT-615

The rt-615 is only $151 for 255x40 17.
The Advan Neova is $214 for the same size.

I'll be using the 5zigen fn01-rc 17 x 9 35mm offset

The Neova seems to be taking over as king of the pricey max performance summer tires. It decisively beat the BFG KD in a recent Tirerack test. But is it $245 better???
Old Aug 5, 2005, 10:15 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have the Neova in 255/40-17 and love them but I have no evperience with the Azenis yet. I may try it next.

I dont think Tirerack sells Falkan so it may be hard for them to do a test, I wish sombody would.
Old Aug 5, 2005, 09:51 PM
Evolved Member

I went with the Falkens RT-615. I hope I don't regret it, but I just couldn't justify spending over $200 extra at this point.

So, I'll be running with 5zigen fn01-rc 17x9 on 255x40s.....
Old Aug 5, 2005, 11:03 PM
Evolved Member

Advan Neova AD07's is an excellent choice!
Old Aug 5, 2005, 11:10 PM
Evolved Member

I have had the Neovas on for 3k miles now and theyre the best tire Ive ever had. Spend the money next time!!!
Old Aug 5, 2005, 11:32 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Smogrunner
But is it $245 better???
Short anwer: No

Long answer: You don't need better grip than the RT-615 on the street, and they perform admirably on the track as well, especially the way they manage heat. I personally think the perform at least as well if not better than the A046D's. If you really want to get your money's worth, put the RT-615's on your new wheels and put Yokohama Advan A032R's on your stockers for when you want to go tracking/canyon carving/auto-x-ing/whatevering. With the money you would have spent on the Neovas you could have about half your track tires and some street tires to keep you grinning without breaking the bank...

Last edited by machron1; Aug 5, 2005 at 11:48 PM.
Old Aug 5, 2005, 11:35 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
i'm running the ad07's and i like them
Old Aug 6, 2005, 03:53 AM
gtr
Evolved Member

Do you guys like your AD07 better than the stock 046's in terms of performance
Old Aug 6, 2005, 04:06 AM
Evolved Member

I have the Aziens, and they lose 20AWHP over the advans (As per Andrew at dyno4mance) due to the heaviness on the tire (sidewall?). they are nice day to day, but I was loosing traction at the autoX I had, there were other evos there with different tires, and I was the only one loosing traction/sqeeling tires in the turns. but then again I didn't adjust my tire pressure. They didn't seem that Sure of themselves in the turns. my 2c
Old Aug 6, 2005, 10:15 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by smokedmustang
I have the Aziens, and they lose 20AWHP over the advans (As per Andrew at dyno4mance) due to the heaviness on the tire (sidewall?). they are nice day to day, but I was loosing traction at the autoX I had, there were other evos there with different tires, and I was the only one loosing traction/sqeeling tires in the turns. but then again I didn't adjust my tire pressure. They didn't seem that Sure of themselves in the turns. my 2c
The advan neova weighs 26 lbs, the 615 weighs 26.1 lbs. The same size RA-1 weighs 26 lbs. Not sure where you are getting this "heavy" tire stuff.
Old Aug 6, 2005, 10:37 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 1,056 Likes on 764 Posts
Originally Posted by smokedmustang
I have the Aziens, and they lose 20AWHP over the advans (As per Andrew at dyno4mance) due to the heaviness on the tire (sidewall?).
20AWHP?

you have 20's?

ROTFL
Old Aug 6, 2005, 12:09 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by gtr
Do you guys like your AD07 better than the stock 046's in terms of performance
I do like the Neovas better than the stock A046s. I think the grip is better, the rain traction is MUCH better and they are less noisey IMO. However, I think the stock tires have a hair on the Neovas in terms of response but hardly noticeable so therefore I like the Nevoas better!
Old Aug 7, 2005, 08:29 PM
Evolved Member

Actually, I read the Grassroots Motorsports article and in some ways it made me like the Neovas better than the Azeni 615s. They said the Neovas do not overheat as fast and seemed to wear better than the other tires in the test. The testers said it had nice OEM worthy characteristics.

The RT-615, on the other hand, won the test by a decent margin and is 200 dollars less for a set than the Neovas. On the downside they said they overheated fairly quickly.

My thinking is that the Evo is known to overheat its front tires and the rt-615 might not be the best match for our cars. In any event, I definitely feel great about my final two tire choices I narrowed down to. I'd be happy with either.

Last edited by Smogrunner; Aug 7, 2005 at 08:38 PM.
Old Aug 8, 2005, 12:42 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Hi Smoggy!

In the same size I would buy the 615s. I have both and you have to shave the Yoks for competition - cutting street life and rain use. The 615s may grip better, but the Yoks have better steering response. I'll be hopefully doing back to back testing in 2weeks. I have some 5ziggens, good value, fit, and looks, but a little heavier than a comparable Enkei.
Old Aug 8, 2005, 11:26 AM
Evolved Member

Actually, I read the Grassroots Motorsports article and in some ways it made me like the Neovas better than the Azeni 615s. They said the Neovas do not overheat as fast and seemed to wear better than the other tires in the test. The testers said it had nice OEM worthy characteristics.

The RT-615, on the other hand, won the test by a decent margin and is 200 dollars less for a set than the Neovas. On the downside they said they overheated fairly quickly.

My thinking is that the Evo is known to overheat its front tires and the rt-615 might not be the best match for our cars. In any event, I definitely feel great about my final two tire choices I narrowed down to. I'd be happy with either.
Originally Posted by SS RX7 r2
Hi Smoggy!

In the same size I would buy the 615s. I have both and you have to shave the Yoks for competition - cutting street life and rain use. The 615s may grip better, but the Yoks have better steering response. I'll be hopefully doing back to back testing in 2weeks. I have some 5ziggens, good value, fit, and looks, but a little heavier than a comparable Enkei.
The 615's handle heat great, you just have to make sure your cold pressure is low enough to have about 36psi HOT (and I do mean hot). Anyway, for "competition" I assume you mean auto-x, where managing heat isn't really a huge factor. In competition for other things, I wouldn't recommend either tire as they are after all street tires, not DOT legal race tires. For the street the 615's are a better value, and I doubt you'll be heating either of them up enough to tell the difference. I have never run Neovas, but since the OEM tires are excellent, and the 615's meet or exceed the OEM tires, I can't see paying for the Neovas or A046D's. Then again, if you have money to burn, why not just buy some A032R H compound tires? They are cheaper than the Neovas but will probably not last quite as long. Definitely more grip than any street tire though.

Last edited by machron1; Aug 8, 2005 at 11:34 AM.

Quick Reply: Yokohama ADVAN Neova AD07 vs. Falkan AZENIS RT-615