Notices
Evo Tires / Wheels / Brakes / Suspension Discuss everything that helps make your car start and stop to the best of it's abilities.

Girodisc vs Endless

Search this Thread

Old Aug 10, 2005, 10:17 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Girodisc vs Endless

I read many good reviews about the two piece girodisc rotor.
How Does it compares with the Endless 2-piece racing rotor?
Old Aug 10, 2005, 05:40 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I don't have any personal first-hand experience with either of these two brands on an Evo application, but consider that any 2-piece floating rotor is pretty much the same.

An aluminum hat with a floating cast iron disc.

The reason 2-piece floating rotors are better than OEM or even aftermarket 1-piece rotors is mainly weight, cooling, and thermal expansion.

- As little unsprung weight (weight not supported by the suspension) as possible will improve acceleration, braking, and handling. Less rotational mass has no downsides. Less material also allows for quicker cooling of the friction surface.

- As a rotor heats up (any rotor), it expands. As it cools, it contracts. This continous process can decrease the integrity of the rotor and cause warping over time. A 2-piece rotor allows better cooling efficiency to begin with, but also allows for less, but more uniform thermal expansion preventing any warping to the rotor.

I can't necessarily imagine that one of these two brands is going to provide any noticable benefit over the other, however, I like some of the features of the Girodisc rotors.

The way the hat mounts to the disc is a neat design and should help reduce some of the "chattering" often heard with 2-piece rotors.

In summary, choose whichever one fits your budget. They both appear to be high quality products.
Old Aug 14, 2005, 09:04 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Endless is much more expensive. I think Baer has 2piece for the Evo too.