Notices
Evo Tires / Wheels / Brakes / Suspension Discuss everything that helps make your car start and stop to the best of it's abilities.

Track Rotors - Not drilled or slotted, Anyone make 'em?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 15, 2005, 01:27 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Track Rotors - Not drilled or slotted, Anyone make 'em?

Does anyone make a one-piece plain rotor that is track worthy, or at least more track worthy than stock? I've only had luck finding slotted, dimpled & cross drilled.
Old Aug 15, 2005, 01:35 PM
Evolved Member

You and me both buddy. I've been *****ing about this since I bought the car.
PM primo8998 He is a vendor and can get you rotora blanks. It's a much better solution than going the expensive stoptech or whatever other huge brake upgrade route.
Old Aug 15, 2005, 01:39 PM
Evolved Member

you can get centric blanks from some vendors. I believe they are the same rotors that Rotor Pros and Rotoa use to make their slotted and drilled rotors.

Centric Blanks

Last edited by Compjoc; Aug 15, 2005 at 01:42 PM.
Old Aug 15, 2005, 01:48 PM
Evolving Member

I got them recently - centric rotors - the do not crack as quick as some other rotors......
I would have to check how much I paid - I have the receipt at home - somewhere.
They were the least expensive of them all though.
Old Aug 15, 2005, 01:54 PM

Originally Posted by Compjoc
you can get centric blanks from some vendors. I believe they are the same rotors that Rotor Pros and Rotoa use to make their slotted and drilled rotors.

Centric Blanks
For $225/pair they're worth a try. Thanks for the link!
Old Aug 15, 2005, 07:41 PM
Evolving Member

I bought the Centric Blank rotors from RotorPros. Used them on track and have zero problem.
Old Aug 16, 2005, 05:30 AM
Evolving Member

Would it be worth while to have those cryo treated?
Old Aug 16, 2005, 09:23 PM

What issues have you had with the stock rotors on the track?
Old Aug 16, 2005, 09:29 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I have the centric brakes just make sure you use brake cleaner on the preservative or you'll not be able to stop well for about a week till it burns off lol.
Old Aug 17, 2005, 07:08 AM

Originally Posted by Antemortem
What issues have you had with the stock rotors on the track?
First session of the first day I had brake judder when braking down from about 90 mph. I wasn't super hard on the brakes, we were under yellow, it was raining, so I didn't heat them up enough to get pad transfer. That rules out uneven pad transfer being the culprit.

Later in the day, once I did have a nice layer of pad material on the disk, still had brake judder. I don't stop the car with the brakes in the paddock, I drive slowly in first gear and turn off the ignition to let engine compression stop the car. So I don't think I got uneven pad transfer.

My front disks are pretty scored up, so it's probably just time to replace them.
Old Aug 17, 2005, 07:10 AM
Evolving Member

Guys, I can get you them in any flavor, except drilled, that you like. Send me a PM and I will get you prices. I am going out with the family today and will return Pms tonight.
Old Aug 17, 2005, 07:43 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by nubby
First session of the first day I had brake judder when braking down from about 90 mph. I wasn't super hard on the brakes, we were under yellow, it was raining, so I didn't heat them up enough to get pad transfer. That rules out uneven pad transfer being the culprit.

Later in the day, once I did have a nice layer of pad material on the disk, still had brake judder. I don't stop the car with the brakes in the paddock, I drive slowly in first gear and turn off the ignition to let engine compression stop the car. So I don't think I got uneven pad transfer.

My front disks are pretty scored up, so it's probably just time to replace them.
Sounds like bad pad transfer to me. What pads were you using, did you bed them in and is that the only pad you've used on that rotor?
Old Aug 17, 2005, 07:58 AM
Evolved Member

Where are you racing it, nubby? BTW my brakes haven't been squealing since the car has been in storage.
Old Aug 17, 2005, 08:06 AM

Ferodo DS2500. I put them on in March for my first DE day. Bedded them in per the StopTech instructions on the street, then had a DE in May.

The nice blue layer of pad transfer wore off a long time ago, so I started this DE with shiny silver disks. Didn't bed them in on the street, since I planned to just do that on the track. The first three sessions were in the rain with it about 60 degrees outside with a slippery track, so I never got enough heat into the braking system to get pad material to transfer to the disk. The brake judder was there on the first session the first time I got on the brakes.

I used the OEM pads on the rotors, but I've had almost 6 months with the DS2500's.
Old Aug 17, 2005, 08:10 AM

Originally Posted by speedomodel
Where are you racing it, nubby? BTW my brakes haven't been squealing since the car has been in storage.
I did another Porsche DE at MAM last weekend. You can read all about it in the Motorsports forum.

Did your car have much brake squeal when you put the Brembo front pads back on?

Quick Reply: Track Rotors - Not drilled or slotted, Anyone make 'em?