Notices
Evo Tires / Wheels / Brakes / Suspension Discuss everything that helps make your car start and stop to the best of it's abilities.

Lowered now car performs different!!

Search this Thread

Old Sep 15, 2005, 07:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lowered now car performs different!!

My 03 Mitsu. EVO has recently had a tein type s spring kit installed and a alignment followed. The car does not corner near as well and performs worse in my oppinion and than before the drop. I spoke with Buschur and they said some people are adding negative camber to the front and rear wheels. Any info on this would be much appreciated.........

Is it really even worth it.....wont I go through tires alot quicker?
Old Sep 15, 2005, 07:05 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
not sure..but hey if you want to sell them let me know!! for sure!!
Old Sep 15, 2005, 07:13 PM
Evolved Member

Adding some camber up front will help the 'muted' feeling springs sometimes gives.
Old Sep 15, 2005, 07:21 PM
Evolving Member

those springs are kinda really for looks........look into the tanabe gf210's or even the rsrTI springs for performance.

i rid in a friends evo w/ TEIN TypeS w/ stock advan tires and the ride IS smooth but the cornering did get sloppy. (not as firm)

my other friends evo w/ the GF210's w/ stock adavns also rode smooth but was able to keep the stifness in hard cornering.

GF210 are stiffer than the TEIN TypeS also.

or if you have the money, A FULL COILOVER REPLACEMENT WOULD BE BEST
Old Sep 15, 2005, 07:27 PM
Evolved Member

i didnt buy the s-techs for this reason. i searched and found that many kids bought these springs more for the way the look and not how they perform. i bought hotchkis springs instead and will be installing them this weekend.
Old Sep 15, 2005, 07:29 PM
Evolved Member

im getting my set in tommorrow, we'll see waht happens
Old Sep 15, 2005, 07:31 PM
Evolving Member

i agree about the tein S being a "look" spring. all they did to my friends evo was just lower it alot in the front and made him scrape alot. right now i have the espeilir ASD springs on my car.
Old Sep 15, 2005, 07:50 PM

You should of went with coilovers! If you dont have the money save up! It may take longer to get, but DAMN worth the wait!
Old Sep 15, 2005, 08:00 PM
Evolved Member

I bought Hotchkis for a great deal and they are awesome. The drop is great and they handled excellent at the track. Got an alignment after lowering and the car handles very well. I don't notice any major wear spots on my Advans at all, even after the track day.

Coilovers would be awesome, but my Evo is my daily driver and I really don't know if I would want to drive around with coilovers in messed up detroit roads. The springs are good enough for now and they work with the stock struts. 10K+ miles with them and still good.
Old Sep 15, 2005, 08:14 PM

Well I wish I would have known before spending...thats what I get for not joining here before I bought..lol Ive heard good things about hotchkis from subie drivers. When you drop a car are there any other add ons that are good as far as suspension go to help with performance. Im concerned about height since the ralliart wheels I want are 18x8.5
Old Sep 15, 2005, 08:30 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by XetronicEvoVIII
You should of went with coilovers! If you dont have the money save up! It may take longer to get, but DAMN worth the wait!
agree'ded
Old Sep 16, 2005, 08:01 AM
SoR
Evolved Member

Springs don't allow your shocks full travel and with a drop of 2" with S-tech it has to be worse. Eventually you'll destroy your shocks and will have to either get new ones and switch back to stock spring or get coilovers and do it properly.
Old Sep 16, 2005, 08:20 AM
Account Disabled

I have the Hotchkis springs as well, and after a good alignment, the car handles like stock, if not alittle better. The 255s help as well I'm sure .
Old Sep 16, 2005, 08:27 AM
Evolved Member

i went with the Tein H-Techs and a rear strut tower brace at the same time and it is amazing! the car goes where ever i point it! the S-Techs are just a show look, while the H-Techs are subtle enough of a drop that you won't lose any handleing IMO.
Old Sep 16, 2005, 09:12 AM
SoR
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Almighty Wez
I have the Hotchkis springs as well, and after a good alignment, the car handles like stock, if not alittle better. The 255s help as well I'm sure .
If you know how shocks and springs work you would know that is not possible.

Quick Reply: Lowered now car performs different!!