Notices
Evo Tires / Wheels / Brakes / Suspension Discuss everything that helps make your car start and stop to the best of it's abilities.

Additional Feed back on RRE Buddy Clubs

Search this Thread

Old Sep 17, 2005, 06:23 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Additional Feed back on RRE Buddy Clubs

Finally was able to take the car for a test and tune session to Gingerman a couple days back.

I must say that the car is a totally different animal now. It is much easier to get the back end to come out and that helped a lot during the turns. I had to mess up really bad and be offline to get the car to understeer. Comparing it to stock suspension on Gingerman there is virtually no understeer and the car grips like mad. The turns are now blindingly fast. I don't have lap times to compare but if my speed on the back straight and thru most of the corners was up at least 8-10mph. Before I was able to get up to 92mph on the back straight and now was going over 100mph. I'm sure i could have gotten more, but my brakes started to fade and that held me back quite a bit. Before other turns i saw speeds going up from 80 to 90 mph.

It took me 10-15 laps at spirited driving to get totally used to the new suspension but after that I think words can't describe the fun I had.

Anyone thinking about tracking their car and have experience doing so should definitely consider the RRE set up. It's hard to be able to describe the handling characteristics on the web. You have to drive it to understand. Compared to the stock suspension the car rides a LOT better. It's stiff but extremely well damped and handling is awesome. Thanks John and RRE!

Now to my biggest gripe - I think the Ferodo DS2500s suck at the track. I think they're great for people that want to take it easy on the track but if you're going ***** out than a much more aggressive pad is needed. They have never given up but the brake fade is starting to **** me off. I think it must have a been a combination of a bad brake bleed and pad fade. Anyone recommend a good race pad? I have mitsu cooling ducts by the way.

Also, first time on the track with the stoptech slotted rotors. They held up great given I was on the track for 50 minutes without a break.
Old Sep 17, 2005, 07:25 AM
Account Disabled

Awsome, i will likly be purchasing the same setup! If u dont mind what'd it run u?
Old Sep 17, 2005, 08:06 PM
SoR
Evolved Member

What are your spring rates.
Did you try Ferodo DS3000 for the track?
Old Sep 18, 2005, 05:20 AM
Evolved Member

Don't know the spring rates.

No i haven't tried the 3000 yet. I was thinking of giving those a shot. do you have any first hand experience with the DS3000? thanks
Old Sep 18, 2005, 06:50 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
been using 3000's for a year and a half. get used to dusty wheels, if you get near the car your wheels will be coated. works great for me, track and street.
Old Sep 18, 2005, 11:21 AM
Evolved Member

Received 13 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by KZEVO
Don't know the spring rates.

No i haven't tried the 3000 yet. I was thinking of giving those a shot. do you have any first hand experience with the DS3000? thanks
RRE does not tell their customers the spring rate. Customers have to sign some paper work not to release the spring rates. But it is possible to find out your rates. Usually their are marks on the spring. If the numbers are not there, then put the springs on a spring compressor tester and you can find out your spring rates.
Old Sep 19, 2005, 09:56 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by nj1266
RRE does not tell their customers the spring rate. Customers have to sign some paper work not to release the spring rates. But it is possible to find out your rates. Usually their are marks on the spring. If the numbers are not there, then put the springs on a spring compressor tester and you can find out your spring rates.
If they don't tell you why do you have to sign something saying you won't tell anyone?