Notices
Evo Tires / Wheels / Brakes / Suspension Discuss everything that helps make your car start and stop to the best of it's abilities.
View Poll Results: Which Coilovers Should I Get?
A'PEXi N1 PRO
5.13%
Buddy Club Racing Spec
15.38%
HKS Hypermax RS
6.41%
HKS Hypermax II
3.85%
Tein Flex
30.77%
Tein RA
2.56%
Tein HT
3.85%
TODA Racing Fightex Type FS
2.56%
Cusco Zero 2
5.13%
JIC FLT-A2
24.36%
Voters: 78. You may not vote on this poll

which coilovers should i get?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 4, 2005, 07:16 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ODUB
it's all the same coilover,
Negative, the current Buddyclub pieces are only available through us. From Buddyclubs website:

We are proud to also introduce Buddy Club Racing VIP Spec Dampers! They are specially valved and set-up for the Mitsubishi Evolution VII/VIII with close collaboration with Mr. John Mueller of Road Race Engineering. A tremendous amount of hours were spent on and off the track to ensure that this setup will be amongst the very best avaialble on the market today! These dampers are available exclusively through RRE. Please contact them for purchase information and other information about this setup as well.

Click on the link above to get more information about this special setup to help make your Mitsubishi Evolution an absolute track star!
Old Dec 4, 2005, 07:31 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by john@rre
Negative, the current Buddyclub pieces are only available through us. From Buddyclubs website:

We are proud to also introduce Buddy Club Racing VIP Spec Dampers! They are specially valved and set-up for the Mitsubishi Evolution VII/VIII with close collaboration with Mr. John Mueller of Road Race Engineering. A tremendous amount of hours were spent on and off the track to ensure that this setup will be amongst the very best avaialble on the market today! These dampers are available exclusively through RRE. Please contact them for purchase information and other information about this setup as well.

Click on the link above to get more information about this special setup to help make your Mitsubishi Evolution an absolute track star!

why didn't you leave a link? and how much are these mueller buddy clubs?
Old Dec 4, 2005, 07:33 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by ODUB
why didn't you leave a link? and how much are these mueller buddy clubs?
http://www.muellerized.com/products.html
Old Dec 4, 2005, 07:36 PM
Evolved Member

what does it mean by "setup included?" and what will these do for me that the standard BC racing specs wont?
Old Dec 4, 2005, 07:41 PM
Evolved Member

They are already corner-weighted, and have sprung and vavled custom for the Evo, based on what they have been researching over the past years.

Great setup, everyone I know who has this setup, RAVES about them. John is one of, if not the best in this industry with the Evo.

Many of us who turn our own wrenchs, strive to learn what he knows. He has been there, and wrote the book. There are some others, but no one with near the time paid in that John has.
Old Dec 4, 2005, 07:43 PM
Evolved Member

i see you do his PR work lol i just want to know the differneces between these and the regular buddy club racing spec coilovers. is it worth the extra 500 bucks? if so, why?
Old Dec 4, 2005, 07:56 PM
Evolved Member

No, I actually don't do his PR work, however, I pay respect because in the Evo world; well, there are few better.

Basically, to generalize the spring rates on his are not the 'stock' setup, they are valved and sprung to his settings, which he puts on them in the "setup" mode. If I remember right, most places would charge you @300 bucks just to corner-weight your car, properly, which wouldn't even get you the correct springs and revavles which this setup does.

Do a search on Muellerized....I have yet to hear any negative comments.

Personally, having raced for 15+years, some of which some was professionally abroad and here in the US, which is why I chose to do my own setup. However, most folks don't have the background or access to CUP team tools do do the research I have done to get where I am. Personally, I think my setup is good for an intermediate/street setup, but I am getting ready to start racing my Evo next year, so it will be retired from street duty. At this point, I may talk to John, and see what is available for me there. But, nothing is set in stone, I may continue my path.....don't know.
Old Dec 4, 2005, 08:00 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Stop&TurnFreak
No, I actually don't do his PR work, however, I pay respect because in the Evo world; well, there are few better.

Basically, to generalize the spring rates on his are not the 'stock' setup, they are valved and sprung to his settings, which he puts on them in the "setup" mode. If I remember right, most places would charge you @300 bucks just to corner-weight your car, properly, which wouldn't even get you the correct springs and revavles which this setup does.

Do a search on Muellerized....I have yet to hear any negative comments.

Personally, having raced for 15+years, some of which some was professionally abroad and here in the US, which is why I chose to do my own setup. However, most folks don't have the background or access to CUP team tools do do the research I have done to get where I am. Personally, I think my setup is good for an intermediate/street setup, but I am getting ready to start racing my Evo next year, so it will be retired from street duty. At this point, I may talk to John, and see what is available for me there. But, nothing is set in stone, I may continue my path.....don't know.

so the mullerized coilovers come corner balanced already, and come at a pre-set optimized ride height/camber setting?
Old Dec 4, 2005, 08:03 PM
Evolved Member

As I understand it, yes. John would be the expert on that. Personally, yes, it is worth the extra money, it will save you days of frustration and 'tweaking' to get the right feel. Just like McDonalds, order and enjoy.
Old Dec 4, 2005, 08:11 PM
Evolved Member

would be nice to hear from the man himself on this
Old Dec 5, 2005, 11:32 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Stop&TurnFreak
As I understand it, yes. John would be the expert on that. Personally, yes, it is worth the extra money, it will save you days of frustration and 'tweaking' to get the right feel. Just like McDonalds, order and enjoy.
Isn't it difficult to cornerbalance a car without having the actual car and driver present?
Old Dec 5, 2005, 11:47 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by PIC Performance
Isn't it difficult to cornerbalance a car without having the actual car and driver present?
Really, I thought all Evo's 03-06' weigh the same including the driver.
Old Dec 5, 2005, 11:57 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Silencer
Really, I thought all Evo's 03-06' weigh the same including the driver.
Its amazing what they can do with cars these days
Old Dec 5, 2005, 12:54 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by PIC Performance
+1
Old Dec 5, 2005, 01:57 PM
Evolved Member

We live in a virtual world, come on....he could just dial the driver in via broadband.

No, I am not sure how the accomplish this feat, BUT the results speak for themselves. I am very happy with what I have, but I can't lie, I am curious how much better the Mueller system would be.

Quick Reply: which coilovers should i get?