Notices
Evo Tires / Wheels / Brakes / Suspension Discuss everything that helps make your car start and stop to the best of it's abilities.

Pirelli Pzero Nero VS. Falken 512's

Search this Thread

Old Dec 1, 2005, 08:33 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Pirelli Pzero Nero VS. Falken 512's vs. Toyo Proxes4

Well, its stupid all season tire time again. I wanted to know which would give the best performance the Pirelli Pzero or the Falken 512s. I had the 512s last year and they were ehh compared to the advans of course. I know an all season probably wont even come close to the advans, but the Pzero's got very high ratings on the Tirerack website. So I guess my question is, are the Pzero's THAT much better then the Falken 512s to justify nearly $50 more per tire? Add Toyo Proxes 4's into the mix also. Basically Im looking for the best all season performance tire that will perform very well in the dry but get me through the few days it snows in NYC. Thanks for any info

Last edited by XxBLACKMAMBAxX; Dec 1, 2005 at 10:16 AM.
Old Dec 1, 2005, 06:10 PM
Evolving Member

anyone??
Old Dec 1, 2005, 06:19 PM

never heard a complaint about the toyos. a buddy of mine has them on his evo, there a great tire year around, im gettin a set myself for the winter.
Old Dec 1, 2005, 06:20 PM
Evolving Member

Just got my P-zero nero's yesterday and we had a light snow in chicago today. So far so good. It's a little wobbly at high speed compared to the Advans as expected. But i think i made the right decision. No idea how it compares to other tires though. Will make an update with pix after a stronger snowstorm hits us.
Old Dec 1, 2005, 06:29 PM
Evolved Member

2nd winter with P-Zero M&S....never had the others mentioned and only used this tire so far in 2 winters while swapping it out during the rest of the year...

and I love it...it's a fairly good rain tire, did some nice runs in it in the hills around my place, def not as stable as a summer or track tire, but we're talking about speeds around 100mph.... But hopefully you're purchasing this tire because it's a practical daily tire right?

I'm happy, and so far no reviews of Proxes 4's that'll sway me away from this tire in the future...and I anticipate using this tire in the winter for 5+ years... treadwear is pretty good.
Old Dec 1, 2005, 07:51 PM
Evolving Member

Thanks for the replys. Yes Im purchasing a set of all seasons cause in New York City you have to deal with every type of weather throughout the year, from snow to extreme cold to downpours to weeks straight of rainy days, etc. What Im looking for basically is the best tire for the all around performance, not SO much deep snow, cause it doesnt snow excessively here and it gets plowed pretty quick so really just a few inches at most on the roads usually. But most of the winter is cold and dry. I've pretty much ruled out the Falkens, I had them already and was unimpressed so Im gonna try something new. The Pzeros are $80 more for the set of 4 then the Toyos. Can anyone make an argument as to why and if its worth it, if the Toyo Proxes4's are just as good I will just go with those.
Old Dec 2, 2005, 01:13 PM
Evolved Member

^^ b/c you drive in the city..I don't think it matters anymore...