Notices
Evo Tires / Wheels / Brakes / Suspension Discuss everything that helps make your car start and stop to the best of it's abilities.

Megan Racing Nay or Yay

Search this Thread

Old Dec 11, 2005, 09:38 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Agreed, for the price Megan Racing has some nice "stuff". Some folks just can't grasp that all that extra money just went toward a name badge.
Old Dec 12, 2005, 10:05 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Killboy
Agreed, for the price Megan Racing has some nice "stuff". Some folks just can't grasp that all that extra money just went toward a name badge.
Just got my exhaust the other day looks like a real nice piece all welds and everything looks good. 3" pipe all the way just like all the other tbe's. Although i would agree with some other parts, like i dont know if i would buy a megan turbo kit, or a megan ems, or something like that
Old Dec 12, 2005, 10:11 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Well he maybe saying that because when megan first started there products were not up to the task..I bought a pair of lower control arms for my honda and 2 months and the bushing tore apart..But of course any company can make a turn around. I currently use thier 3 inch down pipe..works great so far
Old Dec 12, 2005, 07:07 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
We're running a Group-buy on the Helix DNA / RNA coilovers if anyone is interested. The DNA pricing is comparable to the Megan coilovers, and we 100% stand behind these coilovers. We've tested these coilovers at Thunderhill, Infineon, Buttonwillow, the streets of SF, mountain roads, dirt roads, etc. and gotten feedback from quite a few proffessional drivers and instructors.

To be perfectly honest when we were quoted by Helix for the coilovers we were pretty wary of the quality since the price was so low (on the DNA's). But after 11 months of track and street testing (over 35,000 miles and 4 sets of tires, 3 sets of rotors - don't even know how many pads) the coilovers are still running strong. Needless to say we are and continue to be pleasantly surprised. The performance characteristics are very good, better than stock with a better ride quality. The guys that are doing weekend track events will want to run either an 8/9 or 9/9 setup, while the street guys can get away with a 8/8 or even softer setup. If you're looking for a more track oriented coilover however, consider the Helix RNA's or the Zeal Super-R's as these coilovers won't quite hold their own against true track oriented coilovers.

GB is here: https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...d.php?t=174081 (shameless plug hehe)

Cheers,

Gary
Gruppe-S
Old Dec 26, 2005, 07:38 PM

I will say this, alot of the Megan Racing products don't get the credit they deserve. The quality is hard to beat for the price you're paying on alot of the items they offer.

As for the coilovers, we ran the Megan's on both of our drift cars all last season in Formula D and didn't have any problems with them. Performance wise they were good enough to place the drivers in the top 16.

You are getting all the options of higher end coilovers, mainly dampening adjustability, lower perch adjustment, and front/rear pillow mounts - all for under $1000. Not too bad IMO when you can dump the money you saved in some other suspension parts, assuming you are on a tight budget.
Old Dec 26, 2005, 08:08 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by EnjukuTeddy
I will say this, alot of the Megan Racing products don't get the credit they deserve. The quality is hard to beat for the price you're paying on alot of the items they offer.

As for the coilovers, we ran the Megan's on both of our drift cars all last season in Formula D and didn't have any problems with them. Performance wise they were good enough to place the drivers in the top 16.

You are getting all the options of higher end coilovers, mainly dampening adjustability, lower perch adjustment, and front/rear pillow mounts - all for under $1000. Not too bad IMO when you can dump the money you saved in some other suspension parts, assuming you are on a tight budget.
can't get any better than that for all the haters!
Old Dec 27, 2005, 12:32 PM
Evolved Member

It can get better, its just that nobody expects any better.
Old Dec 28, 2005, 04:56 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Don't spread misinformation, Megan Racing produces a lot of high quality products. Why pay some company $300 more for the same product? They just don't waste all thier money on advertising and other marketting programs so they can put out hte product for less.
Old Dec 28, 2005, 05:18 PM
Evolved Member

Really?
You've got PM.
Old Dec 28, 2005, 05:25 PM

if you don't go with megan... the coilovers from GSC seem to be pretty good. not too expensive
Old Dec 28, 2005, 05:30 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by scherejs
LOL Tein? It's like riding on pogo sticks.
Just installed the Tein SS coilovers which boasts 16 way adjustable dampening and height adjustable....I have it just right and it rides WAY better than stock and still manages less body roll than stock...still on stock sway bars.....Pogo Stick? Hell no.....
Old Dec 28, 2005, 05:36 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by SilverShadow03
Just installed the Tein SS coilovers which boasts 16 way adjustable dampening and height adjustable....I have it just right and it rides WAY better than stock and still manages less body roll than stock...still on stock sway bars.....Pogo Stick? Hell no.....
Tien's are definitely nice, I just despise the people that claim that there is going to be a huge different between a set of d2's, MR's or tien's for the average Joe that uses their car as a daily driver and occasionally hits up the track every once in a while.
Old Jan 20, 2006, 04:04 PM

megan racing products suck... they are all made in taiwan and they have no r&d. if you see them selling on ebay... you know what the quality is. i was thinking about getting the megan ones but.. i love my car too much and i couldnt give her anything cheap.. so i got the tein ones.. well worth the extra money.. just my opinion and a word of advise... cheap isnt always better
Old Jan 20, 2006, 04:34 PM
ZK
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by masubievo8
megan racing products suck... they are all made in taiwan and they have no r&d. if you see them selling on ebay... you know what the quality is. i was thinking about getting the megan ones but.. i love my car too much and i couldnt give her anything cheap.. so i got the tein ones.. well worth the extra money.. just my opinion and a word of advise... cheap isnt always better
Here we go again...

So Tein sucks? HKS sucks? Cusco? Geez, they are all sold on Ebay. As for cheap not always being better, that's true - but it really depends on the item.

There are tons of threads on all car forums and positive review all around for Megan coilovers. Would I buy a Megan turbo? Probably not, but their coilovers give you good bang for the buck.

Don't knock stuff you have no experience with.
Old Jan 20, 2006, 04:57 PM
Evolving Member

ebay parts

Well I was doing research and found that the manufacture of LPI and a few other exhaust is made by tsudo, just re-badged with the particular copanys name........ So low and behold I found a tsudo cat back for $130.00 on ebay (with shipping $200.00) when I recived it looked great super thick Stainless, heavy flanges, great welds and a true 3" muffler, it took about 2 hrs of B.S. ing around with my buddy to install fit perfect (as long as the rear hanger is done right, if not will make contact with the rear bumper opening). Sound with the silencer is actually quieter then stock, and with out, it has a great deep sound that dosent drone. I have heard great longivity and hp gains with the LPI stuff just got it on ebay for about 1/3 the cost less! So as long as you are careful what products are bought I think ebay can be ok just depends, I would never skimp on the brand of turbo.......

Quick Reply: Megan Racing Nay or Yay