Notices
Evo Tires / Wheels / Brakes / Suspension Discuss everything that helps make your car start and stop to the best of it's abilities.

Weird "popping" noise on '06 MR with 645 miles

Search this Thread

Old Dec 14, 2005, 05:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Weird "popping" noise on '06 MR with 645 miles

Ok, so I get in my car this afternoon to go to lunch. Everything seems fine until I start to pull out of the parking lot. I hit a small bump and hear a weird popping noise from the front right suspension. I thought, no big deal....tire must have slung a rock from the tread and hit the wheel-well. Well now everytime I hit a bump I get this sound. I climbed under the car to see what was going on. Everything looks normal. I don't understand it. The only thing I can think of is maybe a defective ball joint maybe...I don't know. I am quite disheartened though let me tell you. There is NO reason a car thats 1 month old with 645 miles on it should any problems whatsoever. I made an appointment with the local dealership and am taking it in on Friday. Still, I hope everything everyone told me about Mitsubishi and there reliability problems isn't true. I gotta say though, this isn't in any way a good start. Anybody got any ideas what it could be? By the way......I haven't hit anything and I would know.....I'm the only one who has driven my car. Any ideas would be appreciated. Sorry for the long post.

Cheers!
Derek
Old Dec 14, 2005, 05:51 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i wish i can help you, but it sound normal to me. just to makesure take to the dealer where you have bought it.
Old Dec 14, 2005, 05:56 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Settle down a bit - probably something simple.

Good luck anyway
Old Dec 14, 2005, 05:56 PM
Evolving Member

I had the same problem on my 05, it may be you spring not seated correctly drive around on it a bit and it will problly just go away.
Old Dec 14, 2005, 06:48 PM

First off, thanks for the responses guys. I would tend to think it was normal if it was both sides...but it's just one. Thats the only thing that makes me think something is up. I mean this is not a quiet sound. It is very defined. Oh well, I'll just have to wait and see what the dealer says. I'm open to any ideas though. Thanks again.