Notices
Evo Tires / Wheels / Brakes / Suspension Discuss everything that helps make your car start and stop to the best of it's abilities.

Temperature range for the stock Brembo pads

Search this Thread

Old Jan 15, 2006, 12:27 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Temperature range for the stock Brembo pads

Anyone have this figure? Please chime in. Thanks.
Old Jan 15, 2006, 07:36 AM
Evolved Member

Not sure if it is the same pad, but I'd guess it would be close to the one below.

FROM: http://www.tirerack.com/brakes/brake...ort+Brake+Pads

...snip...

This ultra high performance pad technology, optimized for the street, has resulted in Brembo Sport Pads gaining Original Equipment status on the Corvette Z06, Ford GT and others.

...snip...

The friction material is a proprietary compound developed specifically for the Brembo OE and high performance programs. It is capable of sustaining a high friction coefficient level over a wide temperature range and is designed for use in high performance on-road applications. The FM1000 pad is classified as an FG material by the SAE J661 standard. The F indicates that the average coefficient of friction is between 0.35 and 0.45 at or below 200° and the G indicates an average coefficient of friction between 0.45 and 0.55 up to 600°F.

...snip...

So I'd guess the pad tops out at 600F.
Old Jan 15, 2006, 03:12 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by xtnct
Not sure if it is the same pad, but I'd guess it would be close to the one below.

FROM: http://www.tirerack.com/brakes/brake...ort+Brake+Pads

...snip...

This ultra high performance pad technology, optimized for the street, has resulted in Brembo Sport Pads gaining Original Equipment status on the Corvette Z06, Ford GT and others.

...snip...

The friction material is a proprietary compound developed specifically for the Brembo OE and high performance programs. It is capable of sustaining a high friction coefficient level over a wide temperature range and is designed for use in high performance on-road applications. The FM1000 pad is classified as an FG material by the SAE J661 standard. The F indicates that the average coefficient of friction is between 0.35 and 0.45 at or below 200° and the G indicates an average coefficient of friction between 0.45 and 0.55 up to 600°F.

...snip...

So I'd guess the pad tops out at 600F.
Thanks. I really appreciate the help!