Notices
Evo Tires / Wheels / Brakes / Suspension Discuss everything that helps make your car start and stop to the best of it's abilities.

Best lowering springs?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 17, 2006 | 11:29 PM
Evolving Member

I had H&R and then went with Cusco Zero 2R's.
I liked the springs though. If I had to do the springs only again, I will stay with H&R. I compared to Tanabe that my friend had, these are a little firmer and more responsive. The Tanabe are good too, but the coils bind during extreme cornering, so it may not be the best springs for auto-x or road course. Just my .02
Old Jan 18, 2006 | 05:23 AM
Account Disabled

i vote espelir ASD.

drops about 1" all around, front sags a bit over time, but it's close to stock suspension than most of the other springs that drops too much up front.
Old Jan 18, 2006 | 05:24 AM
Account Disabled

one more thing.

I would think the ralliart springs will be the best if you could afford it. They drop around .5" all around, and they're linear springs.

Not many linear springs in the market, most are progressive.

coilovers are the best way to go though.
Old Jan 18, 2006 | 05:39 AM
Evolved Member

I had Tein H-Tech's on my VIII and I loved them. I took them off and are sitting in the garage now. I don't know whether I want to buy Hotchkis or just keep the H-Techs's? The only reason I'd buy the Hotchkis is because they are susposed to be the best with stock springs.
Old Jan 18, 2006 | 05:45 AM
Evolved Member

where can i view or buy ralliart springs?
Old Jan 18, 2006 | 06:07 AM
Evolved Member

Tein S Tech!!!!
Old Jan 18, 2006 | 06:23 AM
Account Disabled

ralliart springs are sold directly from dealers that has the license from ralliart, or you could look at the ralliart site.

ralliart.com

or try searching around. I think the price is around $500 last time I checked, but you could get a better deal i'm sure.
Old Jan 18, 2006 | 12:05 PM
Account Disabled

I am nor really a fan of the Tien springs, they slam the car and are not much stronger then stock springs so that can't be good with 2inch's less travel.

If you can afford coilovers I strongly reccomend them, seriously it turely is the only way to properly lower a car.
Old Jan 18, 2006 | 12:11 PM
Evolved Member

tein S-tech are the worst spring on the market, they sag like crazy over time. also when you make a fast turn turn your wheel going to eat your fender, trust me on this,
Old Jan 18, 2006 | 12:20 PM
Evolved Member

here's what the tenabe gf210's look like

more pics at...

http://my.prostreetonline.com/member/wrx2evo8/
Old Jan 18, 2006 | 06:17 PM
Account Disabled

I think i want either hotchkis or tanabegf20s?
Old Jan 18, 2006 | 07:13 PM
Account Disabled

If you are simply looking for a handling increase instead of a nice looking drop, purchase a rear sway bar, it'll make turn in VERY impressive and handling 100% neutral.
Old Jan 18, 2006 | 07:23 PM
Evolving Member

i got eibach springs... i like them alot, but i really dont know too much about them, u should research some more b/4 u buy though....seriously
Old Jan 18, 2006 | 08:40 PM
Evolved Member

I just read the entire Official Sring Rate thread...and it had very little to add except, I think that the Tanabe GF's stiffer spring rate maybe onto something. It makes sence that when the car is lowered, the stock strut will be compressed beyond its comfort zone. When this happens, Tanabe claims to be 20% stiffer to support the stock strut so that it does not allow even more over compression of the stock struts. If this theory is true, the Hotchkis and Tein H-techs would actually do more harm than good(due to their soft spring settings), and would excelerate degredation to the stock struts.
Anyones else have thoughts on this?
Old Jan 18, 2006 | 09:12 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by evoviiiyou
I just read the entire Official Sring Rate thread...and it had very little to add except, I think that the Tanabe GF's stiffer spring rate maybe onto something. It makes sence that when the car is lowered, the stock strut will be compressed beyond its comfort zone. When this happens, Tanabe claims to be 20% stiffer to support the stock strut so that it does not allow even more over compression of the stock struts. If this theory is true, the Hotchkis and Tein H-techs would actually do more harm than good(due to their soft spring settings), and would excelerate degredation to the stock struts.
Anyones else have thoughts on this?

This is why I recomeded the Ralliart Springs, they are literally twice as strong as stock and only drop .5 inches. They will increase handling.

Quick Reply: Best lowering springs?