Notices
Evo Tires / Wheels / Brakes / Suspension Discuss everything that helps make your car start and stop to the best of it's abilities.

Best lowering springs?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 10, 2006 | 11:39 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by cutieone
i have done alot of research and am going with the ispelir gt springs!
How good do they handle any one with these springs have any trouble!
I am just waiting for the warmer weather to get here so I can do some autox and maybe a track day or two to see. I installed mine along with Works camber plates/pillowball mounts a few months ago and so far I like them. I think the drop on them is about perfect and can't imagine the car lower as there are places I scrape (slightly) now. They are stiff and you tend to notice it on bad pavement, but it is not to much worse then stock. Cornering has improved in everyday driving. My favorite onramp can be taken at a good 20 mph higher then on stock springs. Cornering and braking lean have been greatly reduced.
Old Mar 10, 2006 | 12:28 PM
Evolved Member

Hmm.... i've been looking around for the perfect suspension for a while now and i've started to come to the conclusion that I may just avoid springs and buy a set of coil-overs. Megan Racing makes a great set that my buddy has on his built WRX and with the 32 levels of stiffness adjustmant, ride height adjustment, etc.... $1000 is a great price. I can install the coil-overs myself also, which is nice and since i can stiffen them up, they'll be great at the track.
http://www.meganracing.com/products/...asp?prodid=350
Old Mar 10, 2006 | 01:19 PM
Evolving Member

anybody have a picture of their car on TEIN springs?
Old Mar 10, 2006 | 08:50 PM

Any idea why the Espelir GT springs would have roughly the same spring rate for the front and rear? If the stock shocks are valved for a lower rate for the front, wont that be overpowering the shock a bit with that spring on there or throw off the balance of the car?

I wanted to get something a little harder than your average lowering spring, thats why I am interested in the Espelir GT springs. Just wanted to see if anyone had any insight on this.
Old Mar 10, 2006 | 08:54 PM
Evolved Member

Tein sucks for handleling. Hotchkiss is good stuff. Espelir ASD or GT are the best.
Old Mar 10, 2006 | 09:26 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by mitsugsx
Any idea why the Espelir GT springs would have roughly the same spring rate for the front and rear? If the stock shocks are valved for a lower rate for the front, wont that be overpowering the shock a bit with that spring on there or throw off the balance of the car?

I wanted to get something a little harder than your average lowering spring, thats why I am interested in the Espelir GT springs. Just wanted to see if anyone had any insight on this.
I think you will find that the Evo shocks were overvalved for the stock spring rate and they are more perfectly suited for the higher spring rate that the GT springs have. The Ralliart springs are similar to the GT's in spring rate so that leads me to belive that these are on the right track.
Old May 7, 2006 | 04:14 PM
Evolving Member

anybody have the WORKS springs?
Old May 7, 2006 | 04:57 PM
Evolving Member

I would go with the Tanabe GF210's.
Old May 8, 2006 | 01:16 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by shbomb8188
Yes Check our section of the forum as well as the suspension section. There are a few photos as well as feedback/reviews of the WORKS Ride springs.
Old May 11, 2006 | 10:50 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Jamie@WORKS
These are some of the reason WORKS Ride springs are engineered to drop front and rear equally. You may not get that slammed look, but at least you'll get the balanced performance out of the setup:

http://www.worksevo.com/store/produc...products_id=71
Sounds good...Do you have an exact number on the spring rate? Since your add says that you dynoed the stock shock, what is the max spring rate that the stock KYB shock can handle?
Old May 13, 2006 | 10:58 PM

anyone using the swift sport mach springs? supposely really well made, the spring will never sag and is linear all the way.

I'm planning on getting it for my RS.. it does not drop as much as some of the other spring, but knowing swift spring is available jgtc and lemanns.. i think that'll justify good spring
Old May 15, 2006 | 07:35 AM
.MM
Evolved Member

lowering springs are the cheap dumb way to lower your car

get some good coilovers and stop ruining ur 30,000+ dollar cars
Old May 15, 2006 | 11:55 AM

Originally Posted by .MM
lowering springs are the cheap dumb way to lower your car

get some good coilovers and stop ruining ur 30,000+ dollar cars
Because not everyone gets springs just to lower the car. They might be looking for a change in spring rates without spending tons of money on full coilovers.
Old May 15, 2006 | 12:44 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by jdmstop
anyone using the swift sport mach springs? supposely really well made, the spring will never sag and is linear all the way.

I'm planning on getting it for my RS.. it does not drop as much as some of the other spring, but knowing swift spring is available jgtc and lemanns.. i think that'll justify good spring
Very high quality springs....one of the best out there now. And one of the few springs that is an actual upgrade.

- Andrew
Old May 15, 2006 | 12:53 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by shbomb8188

I have WORKS ride springs, ride quality is not too much worse then stock and handleing is great. The drop is perfect for me. Plus you get good customer service from WORKS.

Quick Reply: Best lowering springs?