Notices
Evo Tires / Wheels / Brakes / Suspension Discuss everything that helps make your car start and stop to the best of it's abilities.

Tein Super Racing Circuit Master Review - Evasive EVO IX MR

Search this Thread

Old Jan 23, 2006, 11:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I just set it up per Teins instructions. Alignment coming very soon. There is another track event coming up in Feb sometime, I will hopefully run that event with an alignment.
Old Jan 24, 2006, 03:52 AM
Evolving Member

After a few hundred mile of driving, take a look at the inner wheel well...where the seam is, behind the clip for the lines. Let me know if there is rubbing. At a setting so low(ride height), don't you feel that you are losing alot of the suspension travel? The arms, in relation to the coilover(front) are already in an obtuse angle....thus limiting the suspension travel....won't this cause understeer and dive when cornering?

Otherwise, the setup looks very nice. I hope you enjoy the new ride ;!
Old Jan 24, 2006, 04:47 AM
Evolved Member

That setup shouldn't be too bad on the street. They are the same spring rates Tein was including with the RA's. They are pretty tolerable for daily, but definitely stiff.
Old Feb 26, 2006, 07:06 AM
Evolving Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Swift Swaybars

Originally Posted by edzilla
Yes remote resivour in the rear. The front is inverted.

My car is currently running stock suspension except the Tein coilovers. I am planning on putting on Swift swaybars in the near future.

These coilovers allow height adjustment seperate from spring seat location.

And sorry, I don't have any shock dyno's right now.

Any other questions?
I am very interested in some feedback on the Swift Swaybars. I am planning on getting the Swift Springs for my IX MR. Let me know when you get the swaybars installed.
Old Feb 27, 2006, 08:51 AM
Evolved Member

Received 25 Likes on 19 Posts
Did you track your MR before you installed the TEIN's? I am very hard pressed to mess with my stock suspension on the MR. I want to make damn sure If I install coilovers its going to make an improvment over the bilsteins.
Old Feb 27, 2006, 01:41 PM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
then why are you looking at teins?
Old Feb 28, 2006, 05:54 PM
Evolved Member

Received 25 Likes on 19 Posts
Originally Posted by trinydex
then why are you looking at teins?
Because my previous car had Tein coilovers on it and it made a world of difference. So I am wondering how much the difference is from the Bilstiens to the Teins. I do a lot of auto-xing and open track events so eventually I am going to start messing with suspension and when I do I want to make sure I am going the right route. I am new to setting up suspension on AWD cars, I have a lot of FF experience.
Old Mar 1, 2006, 04:57 AM
Evolved Member

i think tein makes better stuff for some of the civics and even the dsms... however they're produced nothing but garbage for evos. not only the lowering springs, but your run of the mill resevoir coilovers with messed up *** backwards spring settings and all the doodads to try and un**** your "out of the box" setup.

personally, unless you KNOW someone at tein that can customize your setup to specs that you ALREADY KNOW are race proven... you are better off going with the ready to race out of hte box packages from people like john mueller, paul gerrard and robi. they are more expensive but that's cuz they're running the right combination of stuff. the research that went into it all is what ends up making the right package

fact is... tein has a monkey making up numbers for their suspensions and those numbers aren't for racing... they're for slamming your ride.
Old Mar 1, 2006, 08:29 AM

fact is... tein has a monkey making up numbers for their suspensions and those numbers aren't for racing... they're for slamming your ride.
it might have to do with the fact that the japanese believe in a different school of suspension tuning, so to speak (if you are referring to the weird spring rates)... on many Hondas they heavily favor front spring rate with a big rear bar, whereas as far as I know honda drivers over here prefer more neutral or rear biased spring rates and less bar in the rear... guess the monkey is japanese
Old Mar 1, 2006, 02:23 PM
Evolved Member

mmm i don't think so... as all the evos in japan either run a 8 9 or 10k spring all the way around or have a rear bias... it's just the fact that the us market is different so they make these stupid settings. what we get here is hardly what they get in japan and is even more hardly what htey run on japanese race cars.
Old Mar 1, 2006, 02:31 PM
Evolved Member

nice
Old Mar 1, 2006, 03:43 PM
Evolved Member

mmm i don't think so... as all the evos in japan either run a 8 9 or 10k spring all the way around or have a rear bias... it's just the fact that the us market is different so they make these stupid settings. what we get here is hardly what they get in japan and is even more hardly what htey run on japanese race cars.
I know it's cool to be all JAY DEE EM and clueless, but you DO realize and understand that the spring rates on coilovers for the JDM market are developed for Japanese tracks/roads; ie things you will never ever ever race/drive on?
Old Mar 1, 2006, 07:27 PM
Evolved Member

ok... ic i need to break this down...

all coilovers that are sold to the us market come with *** backwards springs rates. ESPECIALLY for the evo. why? cuz like i said already... they have some asshat monkey making up numbers that he thinks are nice for the rocky roads of america so people can slam their rides and tuck their wheels inside their fenders with lots of camber in the BACK. this is wrong for racing.

my comment about JAY DEE EM suspension is that the setups they use on their race cars and prolly even for their domestic market have the SAME RATES ALL AROUND... which means they're not BACKWARDS with the stiff spring in front and the softer one in back like all the bull**** excuses we get as "out of the box" coilovers in america.

and btw... i AM jay dee em with my suspension... it just happens to be fixed by john mueller... maybe you'd like to read my review... why am i jay dee em with my suspensoin? prolly cuz the only other stuff that is not made by japanese people for our cars is made by germans and they charge a lot more for their time.
Old Mar 1, 2006, 08:36 PM
Evolved Member

ok... ic i need to break this down...

all coilovers that are sold to the us market come with *** backwards springs rates. ESPECIALLY for the evo. why? cuz like i said already... they have some asshat monkey making up numbers that he thinks are nice for the rocky roads of america so people can slam their rides and tuck their wheels inside their fenders with lots of camber in the BACK. this is wrong for racing.

my comment about JAY DEE EM suspension is that the setups they use on their race cars and prolly even for their domestic market have the SAME RATES ALL AROUND... which means they're not BACKWARDS with the stiff spring in front and the softer one in back like all the bull**** excuses we get as "out of the box" coilovers in america.

and btw... i AM jay dee em with my suspension... it just happens to be fixed by john mueller... maybe you'd like to read my review... why am i jay dee em with my suspensoin? prolly cuz the only other stuff that is not made by japanese people for our cars is made by germans and they charge a lot more for their time.
Well your one saving grace is that you understand why one should run Mueller's suspension, which is excellent to say the least.
Old Mar 2, 2006, 01:11 AM
Evolved Member

i don't get where you come off trying to tell me i'm right or wrong about something when all i did was state the truth that had nothing to do with racing on japanese roads and tracks.

so comes down to this... for those reading for advice. don't buy out of the box **** in america... it's crap, it's backwards, it's not good for racing and most of all ti's a waste of money. buying a set of resevoired teins with 32billion adjustments to try to unscrewup the whacktated settings that come from the factory is not anything close to a good idea.

anything that is not custom speced these days is a waste of time and money... go to the people who have put in the research and developement. why? cuz tein, hks, apexi, cusco, zeal et al are not giving you what they run on their race cars and they put in zero research and developement into the thing they sell you out of dormguysellingcarparts.com's website catalog. they may make high quality stuff... but in the end if it's base setup is wrong... you're just trying to un**** something that was wrong to begin with.

btw... putting a set of coilovers on a street car and putting a guy behind the wheel that drives in traffic is not considered research and developement. r&d is going to the race track with lots of monitoring equiptment and running lots of laps... swapping springs, swapping dampers of various sizes and values, making many adjustments and then rolling out onto the street to see if it breaks your back.

none of the jaydee'em-usa companies do that... what they do is the former... they put the made up numbers on some employee's car...and he says... oh **** it feels great, the ride is so much more firm and the handling is amazing... YEAH! i love working for jaydee'em-usa!!! yea!!!

i'm not sayin' that everyone at the companies is like that... but that's how they put products out... very few companies really do teh actual work to make it top notch performance... and 90% of buyers don't care or do enough research to really know. which is why all these kits keep getting bought.

i'm not sayin' jaydee'em-usa is bad either... if you know someone on the inside they can get you whatever setup you want... but that's not available to everyone... and if you have access to that... exploit it.

Last edited by trinydex; Mar 2, 2006 at 01:25 AM.

Quick Reply: Tein Super Racing Circuit Master Review - Evasive EVO IX MR