Notices
Evo Tires / Wheels / Brakes / Suspension Discuss everything that helps make your car start and stop to the best of it's abilities.

Tein Super Racing Circuit Master Review - Evasive EVO IX MR

Search this Thread

Old Jan 22, 2006, 07:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool Tein Super Racing Circuit Master Review - Evasive EVO IX MR

Hi guys,

My name is Ed and I work at Evasive Motorsports. I just wanted give somewhat of a review of the new Tein Super Racing Circuit Master Coilovers. This past Saturday we went out to Streets of Willow for a track event and I had a chance to test these bad boys out.

I come from a Honda background so I've never had experience with Mitsubishi's before. The install went VERY smoothly. Unfortunately I don't have pictures of the camber bolt adjustment, but where the front knuckle bolts up to the front coilover, Tein gives you these two metal adapters that allows you to adjust the camber by positioning the bolts differently. You can also adjust camber and caster through the top hat, which is a feature specific to the SRC's. (The Caster part that is)

The SRC's allow you to adjust dampening and rebound seperately, caster, and camber. This is my first coilover setup that I've had so much adjustment with. My previous suspension were Tein RE's & Apex N1 on my ITR. I am very much a suspension n00b so I will try my best to be objective with this review.

The spring rates are 12k front and 10k rear. I installed them very quickly Friday night as I had to leave for the SOW event. I slapped them on with no adjustments made. I drove up to the event with the ride height that Tein set it at as well as the compression/rebound settings. The ride was a bit stiff but not unbearable. (The Tein RE for my ITR was 14/10) I have no other suspension modifications aside from these coilovers.

I'll stop the commentary and let the pictures tell the rest of the story...

Right out of the box...

Front and Rear

Front Suspension...

Rear Suspension...

Adjustments...

Camber Adjustment...

Side Drop

Front

Front Drop

Rear Drop

Side

Skidpad

Skidpad 2

Coming onto the front straight at SOW

Back roads at SOW

I absolutely LOVED the suspension. I found out that Tein sets it at full stiff from the factory. I ran the first 3 sessions without adjusting anything. Before the last session I decided to zero everything out and try some adjusting. I set the fronts to 8 clicks and the rear to 12 clicks (Compression). For the rebound, I had them set at 8 clicks front and rear. I was getting faster and faster through the day but during the last session where I had made the adjustments, I ran out of gas, so I only had 2 laps with the new adjustments. The car was more neutral, I was able to get it to slide a little more and it handled the bumps in the road a lot better. There was a section of the track coming out of a left hander into a right hander where the roads were very uneven, the suspension with these adjustments was just beautiful.

Please feel free to ask me any questions you would like. I don't work for Tein so I might not be able to give you the best answers but I will try my best. I just wanted to give you guys a review on some suspension that most of you guys might not consider, but please do, they're friggin awesome!

Ed @ Evasive
Old Jan 22, 2006, 07:23 PM
Evolved Member

Very nice. How much?
Old Jan 22, 2006, 07:24 PM

How do you think these would ride on the street? Is your evo more of a track car than anything else, cuz those coilovers seem more track oriented.
Old Jan 22, 2006, 07:42 PM

Pricing is dependent upon the shop you get them from. Give Evasive a call next week if you're interested in pricing.

As far as the ride comfort, my car sees track duty probably once a month if not less, so these are more or less going to be street coilovers. The ride is actually very streetable. To tell you the truth, my ITR with Tein RE's was stiffer than the EVO.
Old Jan 22, 2006, 08:01 PM
Evolved Member

My lord, finally a set of Teins that interests me. Spring rates look to be decent. Are those remote reservoirs I see? I can't view the pictures properly now, so I may ask some redundant questions, bear with me.

Questions:

Were these used with the stock swaybars and stock stiffening?

Do they have inverted front struts?

Is height adjustment done by messing with spring tension or can you adjust the actual mounts ala JIC/Cusco/BuddyClub?

(Longshot) Got any dynos for us ?

Last edited by Tsurara; Jan 22, 2006 at 08:04 PM.
Old Jan 22, 2006, 10:10 PM

Yes remote resivour in the rear. The front is inverted.

My car is currently running stock suspension except the Tein coilovers. I am planning on putting on Swift swaybars in the near future.

These coilovers allow height adjustment seperate from spring seat location.

And sorry, I don't have any shock dyno's right now.

Any other questions?

Last edited by edzilla; Jan 22, 2006 at 10:56 PM.
Old Jan 22, 2006, 10:19 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by edzilla
Yes remove resivour in the rear. The front is inverted.

My car is currently running stock suspension except the Tein coilovers. I am planning on putting on Swift swaybars in the near future.

These coilovers allow height adjustment seperate from spring seat location.

And sorry, I don't have any shock dyno's right now.

Any other questions?
Ed, Thanks for the info. These look pretty cool. It is really great to see vendors reviewing stuff on the track. Thanks again!
Old Jan 22, 2006, 10:35 PM

for ed for taking a brand new MR on the track!
Old Jan 22, 2006, 10:50 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
this picture gave me a migraine!

Old Jan 22, 2006, 10:52 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
it was because i was to stupid to realise it was taken from the back of the car. I was like "wtf that caliper is backwards!"
Old Jan 22, 2006, 10:57 PM

Thanks Jewelz... see you out there soon
Old Jan 23, 2006, 06:58 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
off topic! front looks nice w/ ARC IC.
How much are those CO?
Old Jan 23, 2006, 09:03 AM
ZK
Evolved Member

Nice coilovers! I don't think that is a very street friendly set up though.
Old Jan 23, 2006, 04:54 PM
Account Disabled

PM me if you're looking for price on the ARC Intercooler.

What I'm trying to get at is that they actually are street friendly. I guess it just depends on how "hardcore" the user is.

Ed @ Evasive
Old Jan 23, 2006, 09:59 PM
Evolved Member

Did you get a proper alignment before hitting streets or did you just set it up per Tein's instructions?

Quick Reply: Tein Super Racing Circuit Master Review - Evasive EVO IX MR