Notices
Evo Tires / Wheels / Brakes / Suspension Discuss everything that helps make your car start and stop to the best of it's abilities.

looking for coil overs

Search this Thread

Old Jan 27, 2006, 08:36 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
looking for coil overs

Im new to the evo scene. After driving VW's for 9years i know what works. I have no clue when it comes to evos. I will be tracking the car so im looking for something aggressive. It doesnt have to have adjustible dampening. I figure if the manufacuturer did their homework a coil over should come with a good overall dampening for street and track. Also what about camber plates? What do you all reccomend?
Old Jan 27, 2006, 09:08 AM
ZK
Evolved Member

Welcome to EvoM... tons of coilovers out there.

What's good depends on what your budget is and what you are mainly doing with the car - is it mainly street driving or track or both?

Also check out www.norcalevo.net, its the local forum for the Bay Area/Northern California Evos.
Old Jan 27, 2006, 12:12 PM
ez
Evolving Member

Again, welcome! There are many threads on this topic here with some great reviews and info. A search using the key words "best coilovers" or "coilover review" or "which coilovers", etc will yield hours of great reading

The other forums are great reading as well...

Best of luck!

Originally Posted by antspeed
Im new to the evo scene. After driving VW's for 9years i know what works. I have no clue when it comes to evos. I will be tracking the car so im looking for something aggressive. It doesnt have to have adjustible dampening. I figure if the manufacuturer did their homework a coil over should come with a good overall dampening for street and track. Also what about camber plates? What do you all reccomend?
Old Jan 27, 2006, 04:32 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
we recommend using Bilstein PSS9 Coilover System for Daily driving and Occassional Track use. Please contact us for more details

Cal