Notices
Evo Tires / Wheels / Brakes / Suspension Discuss everything that helps make your car start and stop to the best of it's abilities.

Alignment settings

Search this Thread

Old Feb 26, 2006, 09:28 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Alignment settings

For those os you who are running coilovers and compete in autox event as well as track days, what type of alignment settings are you running? I also drive my CT9A daily so, I don't want something super aggressive.

I have been thinking about 1/16th toe out in the fron and zero in the rear. Camber I want to set a little negative in the rear and add -1 degree in the front. I would then change the front camber setting to about -2 or -2.5 degrees at the event via camber plates, although I am not sure what that would do to my toe setting? What about caster? OEM settings or something else?
Old Mar 1, 2006, 06:34 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
bump, I would like to hear some inut as well...
Old Mar 2, 2006, 03:03 AM
Evolved Member

anyone know what the stock alignment specs are? mine must be a little in cause my insides of my tire are toast(16k miles)
Old Mar 2, 2006, 06:02 AM
Evolving Member

On my daily driver/track day car I use:

0 toe front and rear
-2.5° camber front
-1.3° camber rear

Darin
Old Mar 2, 2006, 07:15 AM
Evolved Member

I run the following and it isn't too killer on tires.

Front
-2.7 deg camber
zero toe

Rear
-1.8 deg camber
zero toe

I like the additional rear camber b/c I tend to throw the car a little in transitions and I feel it helps to "catch" the car. If you find the car is understeering steady state you can always take some rear camber out. Adding some toe for autox would be nice but will ruin the tires when doing highway mileage. Caster is not adjustable. You can try and shift your camber plates in the holes, but that only allows a minimal gain/loss.
Old Mar 2, 2006, 01:53 PM
Evolved Member

Difficult to find that alignment setting for open track days AND autox. Camber would be up to you, but of course I would suggest getting as much as you can on the front (past -2 and you get bad tire wear) and -1 ~-1.5 in the rear.
Toe is what will make the difference for the two different track options. I don't autox so I prefer zero toe in front and just a hair of toe-in in the rear. Autox you might consider toe out in the rear. Or just settle with 0 toe in the rear.

I think there's some experimentation still to be done with front toe changes on the track. Might be more up to your style and what "feels" right.
Old Mar 3, 2006, 12:33 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by evo8dad
For those os you who are running coilovers and compete in autox event as well as track days, what type of alignment settings are you running? I also drive my CT9A daily so, I don't want something super aggressive.

I have been thinking about 1/16th toe out in the fron and zero in the rear. Camber I want to set a little negative in the rear and add -1 degree in the front. I would then change the front camber setting to about -2 or -2.5 degrees at the event via camber plates, although I am not sure what that would do to my toe setting? What about caster? OEM settings or something else?

Changing the camber at the track will greatly change the toe on these cars, I wouldn't recommend it unless you are going to correct the toe settings. One way to do this quickly is to find the correct track toe/camber setting and mark it on camber plates and thread on the rod, and do the same for street setting. It will be close enough and quick. I've done this on several cars, but don't just change the camber....the geometry of the steering box in relation to the suspension is such that the toe changes DRAMATICALLY when you change the camber. Just an FYI.
Old Mar 3, 2006, 02:05 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by bdiddy
Changing the camber at the track will greatly change the toe on these cars, I wouldn't recommend it unless you are going to correct the toe settings. One way to do this quickly is to find the correct track toe/camber setting and mark it on camber plates and thread on the rod, and do the same for street setting. It will be close enough and quick. I've done this on several cars, but don't just change the camber....the geometry of the steering box in relation to the suspension is such that the toe changes DRAMATICALLY when you change the camber. Just an FYI.
Thanks for the info. I will be doing the alignment tomorrow and will get some settings for both street and race so that I can change between the two at races.