Notices
Evo Tires / Wheels / Brakes / Suspension Discuss everything that helps make your car start and stop to the best of it's abilities.
View Poll Results: Which Suspension Setup?...DMS 50 - Ohlins RT - ??????
DMS 50
29.20%
Ohlins RT
55.75%
Other
15.04%
Voters: 113. You may not vote on this poll

Ohlins or DMS 50

Search this Thread

Old Feb 27, 2006, 06:05 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Ohlins or DMS 50

Upgrading my suspension...

My choices are the ...

Ohlins RT (custom valved and spring rates ....for road course)

and

DMS 50 Tarmac/Rally Suspension

Help me out...what do you recommend and why

thanks
Old Feb 27, 2006, 06:12 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Both great choices....wow. Personally I would have to go the the DMS 50's setup for tarmac/road course. Great struts, good high quality springs, and by far the largest suspension travel of an "off the shelf" coilover. Allows you to keep more tire on the ground for longer. Just my 3 cents.

Chris
Old Feb 27, 2006, 08:05 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
i voted other....

Moton

although Ohlins are great too.
Old Feb 27, 2006, 08:15 AM
Evolved Member

It might be interesting to see some realistic market pricing (not MSRP) for these setups complete with springs and pillowball mounts/camber plates.

I know of a couple guys, myself included, who may be stepping up in the next year or so.
Old Feb 27, 2006, 08:31 AM
EvoM Guru

If you want to know why to get Ohlins over DMSs, pm me
Old Feb 27, 2006, 08:36 AM
Evolved Member

Talentsearch, this is Kevin, we meet at Summit pt 2 years ago? I would suggest the Ohlins R/T. The reason is it have been proven to be a good unit, simple to dial it in (single adjustable) and effective unit. Having them service here shouldn't be a problem either since a lot of shop carries them like RRE, Vishnu, Works..etc. Price is reasonable for under 3k with camber plates, custom valving and spring rates.
Old Feb 27, 2006, 09:09 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by chronohunter
If you want to know why to get Ohlins over DMSs, pm me

ha ha....
why not go public about it?

are you gonna start making claims out of your butt again like the last thread?

Unless I missed something you have absolutely ZERO proof that the Ohlins are superior to the DMS'... Robi on the other hand has 'proven' track record with DMS's. All good though, we both hustle for our own 'teams' and what we feel is the best solution

Talentsearch, let the track records speak for themselves... or you can let someone talk you into to something else

n

Last edited by nils; Feb 27, 2006 at 09:57 AM.
Old Feb 27, 2006, 09:57 AM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
If money is no objective definately the DMS 50. Everything I have read so far says DMS makes some of the best suspensions ...
Chronohunter please post in public why you think the Ohlins are better? I think we are all curious ...
Old Feb 27, 2006, 10:12 AM
EvoM Guru

Originally Posted by nils
ha ha....
Unless I missed something you have absolutely ZERO proof that the Ohlins are superior to the DMS'... Robi on the other hand has 'proven' track record with DMS's.

n
Nils, what are you talking about The two times Vishnu cars have faced Robi we have beat him! Both times with full weight street cars to his purpose built track car (so no crying that we might have more HP) and the last time both cars were driven by the same impartial driver (American Touge II). I would say that thats pretty good "proof"
Old Feb 27, 2006, 10:28 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Is this necessary (From Nils):

Old Feb 27, 2006, 10:52 AM
EvoM Guru

Originally Posted by meanmud
Is this necessary (From Nils):

Its alright, I'm the one who jokingly fessed up to kinda' doing that so he's just repeating what I said

Nils is
Old Feb 27, 2006, 11:01 AM
Evolved Member

your kidding me, that (AM touge 2) was completely subjective, a f'ing joke if you ask me. There is no way you can sum up Robi's and DMS accomplishments with american touge video shoot.

Does that mean the Vivid RX8 was faster or better than your set up? It was a marketing oppurtunity at best, not a competition for speed or lap times. I also rememebr that japanese dude saying that our car was the best turning EVO he had driven, so what does that mean?? honestly, to me it means NOTHING.. I am glad he liked how the car handled but it means ZERO to my everyday life or at the track.

and please understand, I am not approching this thread with any sort of 'hate' or whatever... hence all the smileys...

to meanmud: in a recent thread paul said his Ohlins are better than Motons or DMS's, someone called him out on what sort of testing he had done etc, and paul admited to having no actual proof & talking out of his butt (kinda-sorta in a very diplomatic way)... hence I joked about it and ended it with a smiley.

Listen, I am not a spokes person for DMS, I am not a suspension expert, I just know what works and what is out there. The point of my post was that all this 'TALKING' is completely subjective.. however, all the NASA TT wins, lap records etc are not, they are very real.

If something is proven to me that it is undeniably better, then my hats off to that. I am just not ready to accept that what ever Paul 'says' is the best way to approach something. It has to be proven to me...

again, no hard feelings here.. personally, I like (and respect) Paul and we have had pleasant discussion in private before.

just little tapping 'n' nudging
Old Feb 27, 2006, 11:14 AM
EvoM Guru

your kidding me, that (AM touge 2) was completely subjective, a f'ing joke if you ask me. There is no way you can sum up Robi's and DMS accomplishments with american touge video shoot.
I'm not kidding, the results of American Touge may have been subjective (Vishnu knows that better than anyone, they objectively won the event). The lap times by an impartial driver (had never heard of either car) are about a good and fair an indication of who's better than we will probably ever see...and yes the Vishnu car was faster.
Old Feb 27, 2006, 11:26 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by chronohunter
I'm not kidding, the results of American Touge may have been subjective (Vishnu knows that better than anyone, they objectively won the event). The lap times by an impartial driver (had never heard of either car) are about a good and fair an indication of who's better than we will probably ever see...and yes the Vishnu car was faster.

ha ha.. ok, you use a marketing ploy/video shoot as your back up & I'll use real race event wins as mine.

I gotta get back to work

n
Old Feb 27, 2006, 11:41 AM
EvoM Guru

ha ha.. ok, you use a marketing ploy/video shoot as your back up & I'll use real race event wins as mine.

I gotta get back to work

n
So you want to instead use events where we weren't there and not include events when we were there because you think an impartial driver in both cars taking lap time is somehow shady. Does that some it up?

Hopefully at some point even you guys are going to find the evidence overwhelming, though I'm guessing that that point will be well beyond what would be considered reasonable.... I'll wait

Quick Reply: Ohlins or DMS 50