Notices
Evo Tires / Wheels / Brakes / Suspension Discuss everything that helps make your car start and stop to the best of it's abilities.

Calling EVO suspension guru's, are the from lower arm bars necessary???

Search this Thread

Old Mar 4, 2006, 05:51 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Calling EVO suspension guru's, are the from lower arm bars necessary???

I was looking at putting some front lower arm bars on my EVO to tighten things up a bit. i know that the car already comes with lower arm bars but I have been looking at the Cusco's and also the Mines 6-point lower arm bar.

are these bars really necessary, and will I see a handling improvement with them to be worth the money spent?
Old Mar 4, 2006, 06:15 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Any type of chassis bracing is beneficial to handling. They don't necessarily translate into more G's through a turn, but rather making sure your suspension components stay aligned to their designed points through controlling chassis deflection. The car designers wanted the suspension components to swing through a specific arc when traveling, this gives a predictable camber/toe curve. If the pivot points are allowed to move relative to each other the actual camber/toe curve can vary from what was originally intended. This could cause unpredicted handling charecteristics. Stiffer chassis are better for handling, worse for NVH.

- Steve
Old Mar 4, 2006, 07:05 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
"Underbody bracing /strutbars do more to improve precision rather than correcting basic handling flaws"

thats a quote from one of the suspension guru's