Notices
Evo Tires / Wheels / Brakes / Suspension Discuss everything that helps make your car start and stop to the best of it's abilities.

Full Cusco....or which

Search this Thread

Old Mar 9, 2006, 11:30 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
so anyone that doesnt do wheel to wheel racing is worthless?..ha ha yea.... and is that book where u learned to mod?....

sorry... but some of your comments are a lil crazy to someone who was jus askin a question about some parts to see what would be better to stiffin the car up a lil bit...isnt that what a forum is for?
Old Mar 9, 2006, 11:34 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by 2006evo
so anyone that doesnt do wheel to wheel racing is worthless?..ha ha yea.... and is that book where u learned to mod?....

sorry... but some of your comments are a lil crazy to someone who was jus askin a question about some parts to see what would be better to stiffin the car up a lil bit...isnt that what a forum is for?
You're failing to differentiate between my type of humor and information. Forget what I said as it is going over your head. Let me be clear:

If you are going to run your car only on the street, you are much better off saving your money and only doing something like lowering springs as a modification since they are mostly cosmetic and don't offer much "real" performance.

If you want to be a casual autocrosser, you would be best staying in the "stock" classes as the prepared and modified classes require lots of time and money and knowledge. The nice part about the stock class is you can run any tire you want as long as they fit on the stock wheel size. Hence, you should invest in a set of wheels and tires and practice, practice, practice.

The Evolution doesn't need any stiffening for the street. If you want to mod for the sake of spending money, be my guest, go buy a titanium Cusco bar with your name in diamonds. Nothing I say will sway (puns galore) you otherwise. Just don't come crying when you are broke.

And no book will "teach you how to mod". It taught me racing theory which helps me form my own decisions about what would be best for my car. Carroll Smith was a very successful F1 manager and knows what he is talking about.

Last edited by Tsurara; Mar 9, 2006 at 11:37 AM.
Old Mar 9, 2006, 11:39 AM
Evolving Member

If your going to invest that much money at least go to HPDE to use the coilover system you purchased. If your car is street use only just upgrade to some quality springs. (ie works rides spring are the best because they are progressives)
Old Mar 10, 2006, 02:17 PM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by housedj
i run the Cusco 25mm rear sway bar w/Perrin endlinks set to the medium holes. i also use a Cusco OS rear strut tower bar & a RMR lower subframe brace. my car no longer has extreme understeer. i can get the car to slide out in a corner but only at WOT...
that's funny... there's no such thing as a cusco 25mm rear sway bar.

this thread is worthless, not only is it full phantom products and a lotta flaming all these people are coming outta nowhere with their two cents.

there are peopel that buy their evos just to ride ont eh street, there's nothing wrong with that... you know if you had another car it'd be an evo, cuz driving something else is boring. with that in mind... if that's all he wants to do... leave him alone. cuz if yer gonna take that bit up with everyone you might as well go try to shut down the dragracing forum.

if it were ME... i would get a coilover suspension that is setup very nicely fo rhte street... MAYBE a rear swaybar. adn then i can lower my ride a lil... have a nice cushy ride (ohlins come to mind) and all the handling my dinky lil street tires can hold.

BUT that costs all kinds of money... do i care? not really cuz it'd be the best. not only would it be the best for my application but it would be the best in parts and best in development. plus i'd never have to **** around and replace it ever, cuz it'd be the last thing i did to my suspension.

is everyone like me? NO NO NO, people like buying untested stuff from ebay and the entire catalog from one company even tho they have no idea that it doesn't work together even tho it should.

Last edited by trinydex; Mar 10, 2006 at 02:27 PM.
Old Mar 10, 2006, 02:58 PM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by .MM
if you run a 27mm rear sway on the streets that is adjustable, you can leave it on the softest (equal to 25mm) setting, until you hit the track.

but even so, if you couple the rear sway with a front sway that is smaller than the rear, and also incorporate the right ride height with spring rates and so on, you wont get tire lift. There are ways to prevent tire lift and still have a very stiff ride with large sway bars. Other wise, race cars and F1 cars and other GT cars would all be 2 or 3 wheelin every corner. You just need to set up your suspension correctly.
would you wanna run an f1 or gt car's suspension on the street? or how about their sizes wheels and tires?

i find it ironic that you asked about big rear bars and now you're gonna try to defend them.

Last edited by trinydex; Mar 10, 2006 at 03:01 PM.