Notices
Evo Tires / Wheels / Brakes / Suspension Discuss everything that helps make your car start and stop to the best of it's abilities.

Full Cusco....or which

Search this Thread

Old Mar 8, 2006, 11:15 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Full Cusco....or which

alrighty, im thinkin of a real nice suspension set-up for the evo, and for now i do have stock suspension.....im wonderin is there any better or what would all suggest......i planned on this....

1. Cusco 25mm Front Sway Bar
2. Cusco 23mm Rear Sway Bar
3. Cusco Triangle Front Tower Bar
4. Cusco Rear Strut Tower Bar
5. Cusco Type 2 Lower Arm Bar
6. Perrin Rear Sway Bar Endlinks

or would anyone suggest the JDM Beatrush parts......Anyone with experiences with either of these parts?...or better ones....also i dont know what type of coilovers to get or if i should get coilovers....i mean im not a big suspension tech...but im jus lookin to stiffin up the car for cornering and such....would Tein Flex coilovers be any good.....any info at all on this would be great....thanks alot

Last edited by 2006evo; Mar 8, 2006 at 11:23 PM.
Old Mar 9, 2006, 08:19 AM
Evolving Member

iv continued to search on this and iv decided to scratch out the front sway bar and maybe a Perrin Rear sway bar with the perrin endlinks.....i jus dont want the rear of the car to become loose or have a big tire lift i jus wanna stiffin up the car for corning and such.....no one has a comment?
Old Mar 9, 2006, 08:50 AM
Account Disabled

most people will tell you if you are only driving on the street, sways are overkill - stock will do just fine

save your money on endlinks - not needed

Cusco front brace - looks nice, but no improvement vs stock. If anything, get the titanium, as it least its alot lighter (5.5 lbs lighter) than stock

Most do the type 1 and type 2 lower arm bars - they work great. I would also do the rear "V" brace, as it makes a nice difference, or go for the GT Spec trunk cage if you don't mind losing trunk space. The rear trunk brace from the RS, or the shinier one from Cusco is also a nice addition and cheap
Old Mar 9, 2006, 09:43 AM
Evolving Member

thank you, yea the more i was readin most posts on sways are for mainly track use....

i will look into the arm bars and the vbrace.....
Old Mar 9, 2006, 10:24 AM
.MM
Evolved Member

you should start with a good coilover system, then use sway bars and other bars to further tweak and tune the car to your liking

sway bars are not just for track use either
Old Mar 9, 2006, 10:27 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
vivid sells a 27mm rear swaybar now...
Old Mar 9, 2006, 10:49 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by 4 Wheel Slide
vivid sells a 27mm rear swaybar now...
Anyone who runs a 27mm rear sway on the street is careless and doesn't have a clue about what they are doing. Cusco struts are worthless. I do hear ok things about the trunk V brace, though.

At most get an adjustable 25mm rear sway and keep the front stock. Keep it at the low setting on the street and then crank it up on the track. You do not want a front sway. If you add the front sway you will corner "flatter" and lift the inside front tire while turning. This will give you a false sense of better handling, but you will be slower.

Originally Posted by .MM
you should start with a good coilover system, then use sway bars and other bars to further tweak and tune the car to your liking

sway bars are not just for track use either
I disagree. You seriously want someone to go and spend 2k on a coilover setup when they arent even used to the stock suspension? You get sways FIRST and run the car until your skill level exceeds the stock suspension, THEN you get coilovers. Heck, I'd reccomend doing a few track days before getting a rear sway so you realize WHY you need it. I don't understand the mod syndrome some of you people have.

Last edited by Tsurara; Mar 9, 2006 at 10:53 AM.
Old Mar 9, 2006, 10:51 AM
Evolved Member

i run the Cusco 25mm rear sway bar w/Perrin endlinks set to the medium holes. i also use a Cusco OS rear strut tower bar & a RMR lower subframe brace. my car no longer has extreme understeer. i can get the car to slide out in a corner but only at WOT...
Old Mar 9, 2006, 10:55 AM
.MM
Evolved Member

if you run a 27mm rear sway on the streets that is adjustable, you can leave it on the softest (equal to 25mm) setting, until you hit the track.

but even so, if you couple the rear sway with a front sway that is smaller than the rear, and also incorporate the right ride height with spring rates and so on, you wont get tire lift. There are ways to prevent tire lift and still have a very stiff ride with large sway bars. Other wise, race cars and F1 cars and other GT cars would all be 2 or 3 wheelin every corner. You just need to set up your suspension correctly.

Originally Posted by Tsurara
Anyone who runs a 27mm rear sway on the street is careless and doesn't have a clue about what they are doing. Cusco struts are worthless. I do hear ok things about the trunk V brace, though.

At most get an adjustable 25mm rear sway and keep the front stock. Keep it at the low setting on the street and then crank it up on the track. You do not want a front sway. If you add the front sway you will corner "flatter" and lift the inside front tire while turning. This will give you a false sense of better handling, but you will be slower.

I disagree. You seriously want someone to go and spend 2k on a coilover setup when they arent even used to the stock suspension? You get sways FIRST and run the car until your skill level exceeds the stock suspension, THEN you get coilovers. Heck, I'd reccomend doing a few track days before getting a rear sway so you realize WHY you need it. I don't understand the mod syndrome some of you people have.

Last edited by .MM; Mar 9, 2006 at 10:58 AM.
Old Mar 9, 2006, 10:59 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by .MM
if you run a 27mm rear sway on the streets that is adjustable, you can leave it on the softest (equal to 25mm) setting, until you hit the track.

but even so, if you couple the rear sway with a front sway that is smaller, and also incorporate the right ride height with spring rates and so on, you wont get tire lift. There are ways to prevent tire lift and still have a very stiff ride with large sway bars. Other wise, race cars and F1 cars and other GT cars would all be 2 or 3 wheelin every corner. You just need to set up your suspension correctly.
I don't necesairily agree with this. Running a 25mm on the street isn't always a good idea either.

Besides, why upgrade the front when you don't have to? The 25mm is going to sufffice for MOST skill levels up until you are having a prepped track car and running in national events, etc. Upgrading the front would just be a waste of cash that could be used on brake pads or something.

I might be going out on a limb here but if this guy is asking for validation on Cusco sways, I don't think he is going to really understand proper suspension setup. (No offense to the original poster)
Old Mar 9, 2006, 11:00 AM
Evolving Member

i dont think that i shall be gettin the sway bars, seems that the stock ones are jus fine unless u wanna run a track and NEED the sways, im sure u could use them for street, but i think im jus gonna get a set Tein coilovers with the cusco strutbars and lower arm bars.....that should be fine i think
Old Mar 9, 2006, 11:03 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by 2006evo
i dont think that i shall be gettin the sway bars, seems that the stock ones are jus fine unless u wanna run a track and NEED the sways, im sure u could use them for street, but i think im jus gonna get a set Tein coilovers with the cusco strutbars and lower arm bars.....that should be fine i think
Yeah spending 2500$+ to go to work and back .5 seconds faster seems like a great idea to me.
Old Mar 9, 2006, 11:09 AM
.MM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Tsurara
I don't necesairily agree with this. Running a 25mm on the street isn't always a good idea either.

Besides, why upgrade the front when you don't have to? The 25mm is going to sufffice for MOST skill levels up until you are having a prepped track car and running in national events, etc. Upgrading the front would just be a waste of cash that could be used on brake pads or something.

I might be going out on a limb here but if this guy is asking for validation on Cusco sways, I don't think he is going to really understand proper suspension setup. (No offense to the original poster)
yeah you're right
Old Mar 9, 2006, 11:13 AM
Evolving Member

well umm....Please inform me of how to set up suspension....

mostly street/ possibly a autox or 2......
Old Mar 9, 2006, 11:16 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by 2006evo
well umm....Please inform me of how to set up suspension....

mostly street/ possibly a autox or 2......
If you are going to be a street kiddie, do nothing. Maybe get some lowering springs like every other retard out there to SLAM YO WHIP. Don't ask me which springs are good because they don't exist. With that said, the least ****ty are the Espelir GT springs. Invest your newly-found saved money into Carroll Smith's "Tune to Win" book and learn yourself some tuning. Then when you realize how worthless your life is unless you do wheel to wheel racing you can start spending some dough. But only on the track.

If you are going to run autocross you are best off getting some nice tires and getting some practice. Buy a set of dedicated r-compound wheels that are stock size with some Hoosiers or whatever the autocross crowd uses and run in A-Stock until you get good. Beginners get eaten alive in street mod.

Quick Reply: Full Cusco....or which