Notices
Evo Tires / Wheels / Brakes / Suspension Discuss everything that helps make your car start and stop to the best of it's abilities.

Mullerized vs Robispec

Search this Thread

Old Mar 24, 2006, 05:50 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mullerized vs Robispec

I have done the searches BUT...I have a few general questions. I do not intend this to be a comparison just information between both setups, what they include and value. Robispec basic, Robispec full spec and Mullerized:

I tried Eibach pro kits with stock struts and it rode worse than stock, and that is saying something....

I would certainly consider the Bilsteins as well...

Criteria:

1. Lower car properly
2. Improve ride quality '03 bone crusher, rough Minnesota roads
3. Handle 2 trackdays a year
4. Make the car neutral or slighty oversteer
5. Hold up in the MN winter, salt and crap, it wrecks wheels everything...
6. Spend $1500 give or take $200.00

Thanks in advance to anyone who replies..

Michael

Last edited by Michael Adair; Mar 24, 2006 at 06:11 PM.
Old Mar 24, 2006, 06:03 PM
Evolving Member

bump for starter..
Old Mar 24, 2006, 09:20 PM
Evolved Member

To improve ride quality pick up some MR bilsteins and add Swift MR springs if you want a slight drop.

The stock 'non MR' shock is stiff, changing just springs can produce all kinds of unwanted issues that that shock.
Old Mar 25, 2006, 12:19 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Adding a front LSD will help eliminate most of the car's understeer. It also allows you to induce a little oversteer w/ the throttle on corner exits. But it won't do anything to help improve ride quality for ya.
Old Mar 25, 2006, 12:20 PM
Evolved Member

If you think stock is a bone crusher, I'd say both of these two guys suggested setups will be far too hardcore for you.

Scorke
Old Mar 25, 2006, 12:40 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by scorke
If you think stock is a bone crusher, I'd say both of these two guys suggested setups will be far too hardcore for you.

Scorke
To clarify: There is a difference between unmatched spring strut combo's like the '03 setup....that jar and chatter across the pavement and a properly setup suspension that is firm on roll and has good balance and turn in that that continues to keep the tyres in tact with the road surface because of proper damping.....some of you must understand what I am getting at.....That is why I question the MR Bilstein Swift spring combo...because of my experience in not being able to match the two..

M3's have found this balance because I have had them....
Old Mar 25, 2006, 12:42 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by res04
To improve ride quality pick up some MR bilsteins and add Swift MR springs if you want a slight drop.

The stock 'non MR' shock is stiff, changing just springs can produce all kinds of unwanted issues that that shock.
Talk to me more about your setup....
Old Mar 25, 2006, 12:52 PM

Not to steal your thread, but I too live in MN and most of my criteria fits yours! My big deal is that I am not so worried about a rough ride as long as it corners like a ****, I do worry about our winters. I wouldn't mind some suggestions on say whether or not coilovers at a price like you desrbied would be just. If I can raise my car in the winter to give me some more ground clearance is it going to fight itself with the stiffness setup more for ideal road conditions i.e. july! Any comments would be great.
Old Mar 25, 2006, 01:33 PM
Evolved Member

Classified Ad for coil-overs I just put my old track/street setup for sale, if you are interested. They are dialed in already, and there is video proof of the performance.
Old Mar 25, 2006, 02:05 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by marksae
Adding a front LSD will help eliminate most of the car's understeer. It also allows you to induce a little oversteer w/ the throttle on corner exits. But it won't do anything to help improve ride quality for ya.
I have a question,
On track have you ever even spinned the inside tire? [w/o lsd]
Old Mar 25, 2006, 02:08 PM
Evolved Member

I'll answer that question for you, HELL YES.

Scorke
Old Mar 25, 2006, 03:07 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by doublewide
Not to steal your thread, but I too live in MN and most of my criteria fits yours! My big deal is that I am not so worried about a rough ride as long as it corners like a ****, I do worry about our winters. I wouldn't mind some suggestions on say whether or not coilovers at a price like you desrbied would be just. If I can raise my car in the winter to give me some more ground clearance is it going to fight itself with the stiffness setup more for ideal road conditions i.e. july! Any comments would be great.
No problem...let's hope some of the gurus help us out...
Old Mar 25, 2006, 04:33 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by marksae
Or just getting a proper alignment will take care of most of it too. Won't get rid of corner exit wheel spin, but can certainly help.
Old Mar 25, 2006, 04:59 PM
Evolved Member

Yeah, actually an agressive alignment, will actually worsen corner exit wheelspin, but will help dramatically with turn in and max lat. grip.

Scorke
Old Mar 25, 2006, 05:01 PM
Evolved Member

Well, your a little short as far as your price point when it comes to a set of Muellerized coilovers. But for $1900.00 you'd be getting one of the nicest ride/handling systems out there.
If you don't want to spend that kind of money, I've heard good things about the KW's with their INOX coatings (good for you salty climate) or the Bilstein PSS9's which won't beat you up to bad in daily driving.

Quick Reply: Mullerized vs Robispec