Notices
Evo Tires / Wheels / Brakes / Suspension Discuss everything that helps make your car start and stop to the best of it's abilities.

H&R wheel spacers

Search this Thread

Old Mar 1, 2007 | 11:34 AM
Evolved Member

Double hub centric means that the inside of the spacer is machined to fit snugly on the centering lip on the hub side, and has a lip machined to fit snugly into the centering hole on the wheel.
Old Mar 1, 2007 | 11:39 AM
Evolved Member

I just want to know if it increases performance?
If it doesn't, Its a waste of time and money IMO.
Old Jun 17, 2007 | 02:05 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by EVOlutionary
Guys, just remember, alot of engineering went into the suspension geometry of our cars. If Mitsu found that moving the stock wheels out farther from the centerline of the hub made the car handle better, don't you think they would have incorporated it into the design? I am not saying don't do it; just be realistic with your expectations.

I come from a background of quad racing where alot of guys would flip their wheels inside out to get extra track width. Here we are talking 2-4 inches on a 44 inch track width vehicle, so it is a major change. While allowing more stable cornering in smooth sweepers (think oval track) it created a whole lot of other problems - more bump steer, more force on the tie rods and steering system, arm fatigue, changes in your effective shock rates for rebound and compression and spring rates due to more leverage . . .

EVOlutionary

I

I dont know bro

engineers really are a group of panzis if you ask me

My experience has shown me that they leave a lot on the table with these cars for various reasons - DOT laws, law suit prevention and warranty matters

Heck - given your position we would all drive around with 275 hp on our evos as that is what the engineers felt was safe

No thanks bro - I'll keep my 900 whp evo

Al
Old Aug 15, 2007 | 04:35 PM
Evolving Member

Hate to bump up an old thread, but where are you getting 10mm double hubcentric spacers from?
Old May 29, 2009 | 07:08 PM
chu
Evolved Member

bumping an old thread because I did it

Gonna bump this thread instead of starting a new one. Since no one came through with pics, I finally did it since I had some 20MM spacers sitting around. Below are stock BBS w/ 20mm Project Kicks spacers. As you can see from the front wheels are spacer out very nicely, and has a more aggressive stance than without the spacers.

Old May 30, 2009 | 12:01 AM
Evolving Member

For those of you looking for double hubcentric spacers, there are a couple places to get them custom ordered based on the wheel bore and hub diameter that you supply. Both of these people get good reviews, I personally bought a set from the first site and they work great:

http://www.motorsport-tech.com/

http://www.wheeladapter.com/