Notices
Evo Tires / Wheels / Brakes / Suspension Discuss everything that helps make your car start and stop to the best of it's abilities.

Adjusting Camber on Megan Coilovers

Search this Thread

Old Apr 21, 2006, 11:00 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Adjusting Camber on Megan Coilovers

Hi all,

I have megan coilovers for about 2 months now and I had it aligned to -2.9 degrees camber in the front with 0 toe. I noticed my inside front tires wearing very fast. If I take out some negative camber on the adjustable pillow mounts, will my toe be affected?

I called Megan and they said toe is not affected but I wanted more feedback from people that have experience.

Thanks...
Old Apr 21, 2006, 11:40 AM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Yes toe can be affected, you should always re-align your car every time you make suspension adjustments. Are you sure toe is set to zero currently? because toe in or toe out can cause accelerated tire wear. If you have -2.9 deg camber in the front you need to be driving your car on the track/auto-x a lot to get even wear. That setting is too aggresive for the street. Try setting it between -2.5 to -2 deg if you do a few track day ... even less then that if you drive mainly on the street -2 to -1.5.
Old Apr 21, 2006, 07:07 PM

DWP, yes I have 0 toe after the alignment. After some 300 miles or so the inside tread block is almost GONE. I only have 3000 mi. on the car. I used to have Hotchkis springs set at -1.8 for about 2000 mi. with even wear. The guy doin my last alignment was lazy and didn't want to set it to my -1.8. I am looking to bring the camber to -1.8 or so. I did change the camber on one side before I had to run errands and it seems to be unaffected. But I'll try the other side and see how that turns out.

That would be a pain in the **** if I had to re-align everytime I adjusted camber on the pillow mounts...
Old Apr 21, 2006, 10:11 PM
Evolving Member

Camber will affect toe unless the tie rod end was located at exactly the height of the balljoint (point the hub rotates about), which it is not. Sorry you need an alignment.