Notices
Evo Tires / Wheels / Brakes / Suspension Discuss everything that helps make your car start and stop to the best of it's abilities.

Gauging Interest: RaceComp Street/Track Springs

Search this Thread

Old Sep 17, 2007, 08:54 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Sure are.

- Andrew
Old Sep 24, 2007, 11:06 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Almost two weeks with these springs and I'm still very happy. I'm getting happier as I continue to drive my car, actually. Bumps are handled so well, the ride is smooth, and the handling is amazing. I've finally been pushing the car and I can't believe the lack of understeer on the street! Awesome! I'm still impressed with these springs and would recommend them to anyone.

I'm starting to wonder how they would be on MR Bilsteins or the Ohlins fixed perch shocks. Hmm.....

A friend of mine with and STi may pick up the RCE springs for his car now. =)

Great product!!!!!

~Steve
Old Sep 24, 2007, 12:18 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
^^^I couldn't agree with this statement more.
It's amazing to be able to improve the handling with almost no degradation in ride.

Steve, tell your buddy RCE / GTWorx offers two difference springs for STi owners.
Their original yellow ones and the newly introduced black ones.
The black ones supposed to have lesser drop and slightly softer rates I think.
He could check their reviews on sti sites.
Old Sep 24, 2007, 12:23 PM

Awesome, thanks for the heads-up on the STi springs. I'll pass on the info! :-)

~Steve
Old Sep 24, 2007, 06:01 PM

i installed mine this last weekend along with whiteline bumpsteer bushings and roll center kit on mr shocks. i almost peed my pants during the test drive, so after i get an alignment i'm bringing a diaper along for the ride. the ride really is very daily friendly. i don't think most passengers will notice a difference until i hand them the spare diaper.
Old Sep 24, 2007, 09:36 PM
Evolving Member

Group Buy?
Old Sep 25, 2007, 08:31 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by sti2evo9mr
^^^I couldn't agree with this statement more.
It's amazing to be able to improve the handling with almost no degradation in ride.

Steve, tell your buddy RCE / GTWorx offers two difference springs for STi owners.
Their original yellow ones and the newly introduced black ones.
The black ones supposed to have lesser drop and slightly softer rates I think.
He could check their reviews on sti sites.
Yup, we've got mild and bigger drop versions of our STi springs. Yellows = low, Blacks (aka Regular Guy) = very very slight drop.

With the STi springs, i highly recommend upgrading the strut tops to Group N tops or camber plates. The stock STi tops are mush and contribute to the bounce.

- Andrew
Old Sep 25, 2007, 08:37 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by vanisher
Group Buy?
We had a group buy special price before they came out.....but I think the price is already fairly low right now.

Keep in mind we sell our STi springs for $339 shipped!

- Andrew
410-579-1501
Old Sep 25, 2007, 08:44 AM

No matter the price, they are well worth it. Buck up some cash and order 'em! The price is MORE than reasonable. You get what you pay for.....

~Steve
Old Sep 27, 2007, 01:09 AM

woops

Last edited by volks-traitor; Sep 27, 2007 at 01:15 AM. Reason: double posted!
Old Sep 27, 2007, 01:14 AM

welp,
i just got mine aligned precisely by Carlo and John down at TC Motorsports in Auburn. they also installed my whiteline rear trailing arm bushings. they rock! set me to -2 up front, -1.2 rear and toe of 0 front and 1/16" rear. they corner weighted for me and found with my measly 135# of ballast that the car has a front to rear balance of 39% f/ 61% r and a corner balance of 50%! race cars strive for this on coils (corner that is)! TCmotorsports typically prepares, races and rents spec miatas and bmws and builds for events like the Mazda Speed Challenge and 25 hours of Thunderhill, but still fit me into their busy schedule within three days of calling.

so with a total of whiteline rear trailing arm and rear bumpsteer bushings, front roll center kit and GTWORX SUPER SWEET Street/ Track springs, MR Bilsteins and 255 40 17 bridgestone re-01s........drum roll please............this car fuc____ing ROCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! maybe coilovers could improve things, but not for $275 plus bushings! buy the damned springs people!

this contraption was even suitable to chauffer two lovely and graceful women downtown tonight who had absolutely no complaints about the quality of the ride. these springs are as far as street duty is concerned, the "POOP"!!!!

thankyou andrew at www.gtworx.com and carlo and john at www.tcmotorsports.net !
Old Sep 27, 2007, 06:10 AM

How can you have 39%F/61%R on the Evo? Shouldn't it be the other way around because of the front-engined nature of the car?

I think that I need to look into the trailing arm & bumpsteer bushings and roll center kit. Will I need an alignment again after installing those items? Maybe I'll do that after winter if that's the case.

Oh Volks-Traitor, how are you liking your RE-01's? I was thinking of getting those, myself!

Thanks for any info you can offer.

~Steve
Old Sep 27, 2007, 11:38 AM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Thomas Chagrin
How can you have 39%F/61%R on the Evo? Shouldn't it be the other way around because of the front-engined nature of the car?

I think that I need to look into the trailing arm & bumpsteer bushings and roll center kit. Will I need an alignment again after installing those items? Maybe I'll do that after winter if that's the case.

Oh Volks-Traitor, how are you liking your RE-01's? I was thinking of getting those, myself!

Thanks for any info you can offer.

~Steve
Maybe he swapped the engine to the rear like I saw that someone had done recently in their Integra?

Since you're looking for input on the RE-01R's, I have a set of them in 245/40 and I like them, but they need to be heated up to really grip. They don't like cornering in the wet or cold at all in my opinion. All in all, I would say that there are both pluses and minuses compared to the stock Advans.
Old Sep 27, 2007, 08:42 PM

i would HIGHLY recommend the whiteline stuff. i replaced all of these things at the same time minus the tires , so its hard to tell what portion is due to the springs or roll center etc. after the trailing arm bushings and alignment i did notice another huge step in rear end control as compared to the bump steer, roll center, springs and crappy driveway alignment.
the end combination is absolutely sickening (thats good).
now i am officially in love with this car.
there is very little porposing (sp.) and wander due to speed , braking and bump combinations. the car originally had a somewhat scary feel to it when boost kicked in on corners and bumps, now it just goes!
now i think i probably need some sweet ferodo 2500 brake pads to slow this som' biatch down.

yes you will need a new alignment.

the tires kick behind, but i don't really have much experience with other sweet tires for reference. i just went off of what other threads had to say about them, then got them for $100 each! i got a warranty deal 'cause my advans were delaminating and separating at the tread splice.

i didn't install my whiteline front a arm pivots so they are for sale.

THANKS GTWORX!!!!!!!!!!

oh, and you got me, i forgot to mention the rear engine jdm conversion

Last edited by volks-traitor; Sep 27, 2007 at 08:56 PM.
Old Oct 4, 2007, 07:01 PM
Evolved Member

Should be ordering a set within a month.

I drove I-Dom-In-8s car and all I can say is wow. Don't notice the difference until you start pushing it.

Quick Reply: Gauging Interest: RaceComp Street/Track Springs