Notices
Evo Tires / Wheels / Brakes / Suspension Discuss everything that helps make your car start and stop to the best of it's abilities.

Gauging Interest: RaceComp Street/Track Springs

Search this Thread

Old Oct 15, 2007, 05:07 PM
Account Disabled

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
we love the springs..

but we dont have any track experience

hee he..

cb
Old Oct 19, 2007, 03:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
weight

What is the weight of the RCE springs? Do you also happen to know the weight of the Swift springs for non-MR? (since one of the main thing Swift mention is that their springs are lighter with the material they use, i am curious about the RCE weight)

Would the RCE spring require the Whiteline roll center kit?

Thanks.
Old Oct 19, 2007, 04:08 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 129 Likes on 97 Posts
The weight thing is a little oversold. All steels have the same weight within 0.1%. The difference is that a stronger steel with a better fatigue life can be wound with fewer coils and thus less weight. However, there are only a few "high quality" spring steels out there, and most all top quality springs are made from one of these steels.
Old Oct 27, 2007, 05:18 PM
Evolved Member

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts
BUMP! Any other customer reviews?
Old Nov 1, 2007, 06:40 PM
Evolved Member

bump +1 for customer reviews
Old Nov 1, 2007, 07:25 PM
Evolving Member

I've had my springs on for about a month and ran my first AX with the springs installed. These springs with the stock shocks is a great combination!! The overall handling of the car is vastly improved. The car is much firmer around corners and the "ride quality" is better than stock and the body roll has been reduced plus the slight drop in height helps, and it looks sharp. I really recomend these springs as a great (and not expensive) way to really improve your car in so many ways.
Old Nov 1, 2007, 07:27 PM
Evolved Member

^^^ sounds good I wanna purchase their stage 1 package with the whiteline sway bar, and the bump stops!!! just stuck on spring choice.. SWIFT, ESPLIER, GTWORX.!! I will have to think about it for a couple weeks..
Old Nov 2, 2007, 06:43 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by evo_k
What is the weight of the RCE springs? Do you also happen to know the weight of the Swift springs for non-MR? (since one of the main thing Swift mention is that their springs are lighter with the material they use, i am curious about the RCE weight)

Would the RCE spring require the Whiteline roll center kit?

Thanks.
I'm awaiting our next shipment....I can weigh a set then.

Whiteline roll center kit definitely not required, but it helps. There's always something to add on....

Space is filling up fast on this next order so call to preorder soon!

- Andrew
Old Nov 2, 2007, 06:44 AM
Former Sponsor

I really really like the springs with Bilsteins....I may do a Bilstein HD package soon with our next shipment....any interest in that?

- Andrew
Old Nov 2, 2007, 07:20 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by GTWORX.com
I may do a Bilstein HD package soon with our next shipment....any interest in that?

- Andrew

Yes! I at least hope that they'd be available separately from you guys. I'm one of those people who can't leave anything alone and is always looking for improvement. I want to try MR Bilsteins, but would be willing to try any similar Bilstein if the benefits/performance would be the same. If I got MR Bilsteins, they would most likely be used and I'm always skeptical about what somebody did to used shocks/struts. I'd love some pricing and performance info on Bilstein HD's...

~Steve
Old Feb 28, 2008, 06:52 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Thomas Chagrin
Yes! I at least hope that they'd be available separately from you guys. I'm one of those people who can't leave anything alone and is always looking for improvement. I want to try MR Bilsteins, but would be willing to try any similar Bilstein if the benefits/performance would be the same. If I got MR Bilsteins, they would most likely be used and I'm always skeptical about what somebody did to used shocks/struts. I'd love some pricing and performance info on Bilstein HD's...

~Steve
X2 w.e he said lol, PM me please
Old Feb 29, 2008, 09:25 AM
Former Sponsor

We're doing an install later today with our full stage 3 GTWorx springs kit. So Bilstein HDs, GTWorx Springs, and Whiteline 24mm rear sway bar.

I'll start a new thread on impressions, measurements, and an assload of pictures.

And I'll PM you guys later with a new price we're putting together.

- Andrew
Old Feb 29, 2008, 09:32 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Yes, please PM me with that info and the thread link if it's not too much trouble. I'm still interested in the shocks and possibly the roll center kit! I'm still loving the springs, by the way!!!!

~Steve
Old Feb 29, 2008, 09:37 AM
Former Sponsor

^ Great to hear it! I know you had some high hopes for them, so it's cool to see you're enjoying them.

Here's a link to recent review of our springs set-up by Robi:
http://sevo.motionforum.net/suspensi...basic-t263.htm

- andrew
Old Apr 6, 2013, 08:48 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 129 Likes on 97 Posts
I'm only 5 years late to the game, but I finally got a set installed. I have no idea how people replace all four springs in four hours (or less for some). With 7 years of road debris build up, a good fraction of the time was spent cleaning and repainting where rust had formed. Anyhow, they are installed. If its not raining tomorrow, I'll get an alignment done and test out the handling.

Quick Reply: Gauging Interest: RaceComp Street/Track Springs