Notices
Evo Tires / Wheels / Brakes / Suspension Discuss everything that helps make your car start and stop to the best of it's abilities.

DBA 4000 Series vs. Powerslot Cryogenic

Search this Thread

Old Oct 27, 2006, 08:37 AM
Silver Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by EVOBrakes
There are a lot of Brembo blanks that get drilled/slotted etc and sold. But the real Brembo's come in a 'Brembo Sport' box.

For EVO's and STi's you can't get Brembo blanks except at the dealer so that situation is not occuring.

Sometimes they even get Brembo boxes made and use cheap chinese rotors - that's some real bad juju to me.
Very true. Hopefully Karma comes around to get those people.

From what I understand(read: unconfirmed information) that the rotors you purchase from the dealership are not made by Brembo. So in theory you should not be able to get Brembo genuine blanks anywhere.

I am sure the product Z1 is selling is a genuine rotor. Adam is a upstanding guy and would not cheat anyone in that way.
Old Oct 27, 2006, 08:58 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well - AKAIK Brembo gets rotors made all over the world.

The EVO/STi parts are most likely Bradi blanks - made in Italy - go look at a box if you have one. (Brembo does now own Bradi - it used to be separate but owned by a Brembo family member or something but got bailed out)

I had some WRX 'Brembo Sports' - Made in USA - they looked good too.

And I had some rear DSM 'Brembo Sports' - they were made in Mexico and looked absolutely horrible.

What do I think of this?? I think brakes can be very sketchy so I am careful what I sell.

-k
Old Oct 27, 2006, 09:05 AM
Evolved Member

yah i always hear subie guys saying how good dba's are
Old Oct 27, 2006, 10:26 AM
Silver Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I would check it out if I had one. But with the high quality and cheaper price of the DBA there is no reason to sell the OEM blanks. If I do I will for sure check it out and see if I can find out who made it.

With how important brakes are it is scary to think that some companies make products at low quality for something that if it fails it can easily kill you and many other people.

I would hope a company with a name like Brembo would not want any of thier rotors to be below the excellent quality that their name has become known for. But I guess you can't win them all. If I ever saw a rotor come through here like that I would be very upset.
Old Oct 27, 2006, 10:38 AM
Former Sponsor

I agree -

Subaru blanks - $372 list iirc
Nissan 350Z Blanks $525
EVO - something similar

And that's EACH?!?!?!

I can understand them being a bit more than WRX or Ralliart rotors - but that's just ridiculous robbery.
Old Jun 19, 2015, 02:32 AM
Evolving Member

I will go with the DBA and there is one place which they sell cheaper. DBA is also high carbon and cryo but the call it differently(TSP Thermal Stability Profilling)

Each application, product and manufacturer has their own specific steps for heat treating, but we’ll discuss the process in general for explanation purposes. Typically the product (in this case brake rotors) are heated in a strictly controlled environment, increasing the temperature very slowly, and at predetermined intervals until they are at the maximum defined temperature. At that point the rotors will remain heated at the precise maximum temperature for a period of around 8 hours. When that heating interval ends, the rotors are very slowly cooled again using strict controls gradually reducing their temperature until they reach ambient temperature. Often times, this process can take over 24 hours. By strictly controlling the temperature and humidity, this process helps strengthen the bonds between molecules within the rotor.

Commonly known as “profiling,” DBA uses our own variation of the process that we refer to as Thermal Stability Profiling, or TSP. This TSP treatment re-aligns the microstructure of the iron resulting in added resistance to deformation, and increased heat resistance.

Last edited by ak47m203; Jun 19, 2015 at 02:46 AM.